Hello Carol Cabezas (CEO), What on Earth is Going On?

Marylebone37

I am very glad to have read all the postings and as such we are cancelling our 4 cruises before the final payment deadline next week. I regret that we will not be able to take these cruises as we were looking forward to them very much. I have received no notifications of any kind. I do not have multiple profiles as my profile was created recently. I cannot access my account and am told to create a new account: I will not do this. What has happened to my data? Is it secure or has it been hacked? I would like to know how creating a new account would help when they say I have no account. My air reservations are screwed up. We booked through a travel agent and she has had difficulty contacting her rep. When she finally did so, he just said be patient and all will be resolved. The reason I booked with the travel agent and included the air was so that all would be taken care of and I would have no worries and no stress. The opposite has occured. Since the transition took place in late February and all is still a mess, the incompetence of Azamara is impossible to ignore.

• Like 8

On 4/26/2023 at 9:53 PM, betsey said:

yes, their website was hacked with a Ransomware attack.  They had to shut down, cancel some cruises  and rebuild their website and call center IT, but I think they are back up and running again.

• Thanks 1

As it was the 28th of April when we last heard from M’s Cabezas, I would hope we would be receiving another update on the resolution to “the handful of data issues still requiring resolution”.

Perhaps I misinterpreted her message regarding an update in the next couple of weeks??

From reading the boards and my own experience, there continues to be more than a handful of issues & regardless of the number of messages from them stating the errors have been addressed, they have not. 

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, G2G said:

As it was the 28th of April when we last heard from M’s Cabezas, I would hope we would be receiving another update on the resolution to “the handful of data issues still requiring resolution”.

Perhaps I misinterpreted her message regarding an update in the next couple of weeks??

From reading the boards and my own experience, there continues to be more than a handful of issues & regardless of the number of messages from them stating the errors have been addressed, they have not. 

Very poor communication and it costs Azamara nothing to put out updates, but goes such a long way in fostering trust and faith in the cruiseline.  Burying your head in the sand is not working, Carol.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Its funny...(not really).  No communication from Ms. Cabezas about the IT meltdown, but this week I received a Welcome to Azamara email from her. Seriously, you can't make this stuff up.   

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I am completely fed up with the numerous issues.  I was thinking I cant believe Sycamore Partners would allow this to continue to happen to us consumers.  Today, I decided to write them specifically about the lack of caring and leadership of President Cabezas.  I also asked them if they were informed about all the issues because I can not believe an investment company would allow this to continue under current leadership if they knew what was occurring. 

Here is another avenue we can try since calls, emails, and President Cabezas does not give us any resolution. 

I wrote them at info@sycamorepartners.com  

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Travelingwithstyle said:

I am completely fed up with the numerous issues.  I was thinking I cant believe Sycamore Partners would allow this to continue to happen to us consumers.  Today, I decided to write them specifically about the lack of caring and leadership of President Cabezas.  I also asked them if they were informed about all the issues because I can not believe an investment company would allow this to continue under current leadership if they knew what was occurring. 

Here is another avenue we can try since calls, emails, and President Cabezas does not give us any resolution. 

I wrote them at info@sycamorepartners.com  

it will be interesting to hear if they even reply to your note......  doubtful anyone at sycamore is following anything but the financials and glowing reports on bookings.  Customer Sat doesn't matter until bookings/revenue falls.

34 minutes ago, ghstudio said:

it will be interesting to hear if they even reply to your note......  doubtful anyone at sycamore is following anything but the financials and glowing reports on bookings.  Customer Sat doesn't matter until bookings/revenue falls.

Oh, bookings and revenue have got to be falling now…..sadly!

6 hours ago, G2G said:

She and her illustrious management team are just the worst, aren't they?!?! It's simply amazing to me — as we approach the TWO MONTH anniversary date of the system cutover — that there are still so many, many unresolved issues and disgruntled customers. 

Edited by Marylebone37
  • Like 2

On 4/28/2023 at 5:04 PM, LT Hambone said:

Dear Azamara Guest,

It’s been two weeks since our last update and I wanted to share what we have been focused on to ensure we get back to serving you pre-cruise the Azamara way. I understand your frustration and appreciate your patience as we have been focused on stabilizing a full commercial system transition.

We are getting your pre-cruise experience back on track, and I assure you that the experience onboard remains as warm and authentic as ever. There have been four primary areas of focus as we integrate our new systems:

1. The biggest pain point we heard from you was the ability to access your loyalty account on Azamara.com. This access problem was caused by the creation of multiple profiles over the years. By completing the form, we have been able to clear the incorrect profiles and make your loyalty information available for viewing in your Azamara.com account.
  2. Another significant problem was access to future bookings in your account. The root cause was bookings that were missing your email address, which is why we added the form for you to complete allowing us to match your bookings to your account.
  3. Once in your account some of your shore excursion amounts did not look right or your onboard credits (OBCs) were not visible. As of yesterday, we were able to clear up the shore excursion amounts and your OBCs are now available in your account, ready to apply as you wish.
  4. ……

Despite that on this email sent on April 28th, it mentions the OBC issues being fixed, unfortunately as of today May 13th the onboard credits are still not visible.

Ivi

57 minutes ago, travelberlin said:

Despite that on this email sent on April 28th, it mentions the OBC issues being fixed, unfortunately as of today May 13th the onboard credits are still not visible.

Ivi

Same here.  I’m sure it will be worked out prior to our cruise, so at this moment I am not worried, but will continue to watch and wait.

3 minutes ago, capsplace said:

At least some of you are receiving emails!  Nothing coming in on our end and we have an African land and sea package set up for later this year.  We’re seriously considering canceling.  

Have you been able to sign in to your Azamara account?

We were all sent e mails to go in and create a new password for our accounts.

If you haven’t done that, I would try that.

Also clear all cookies before,

If you can get into to your account, make sure you go to account settings and make sure you are signed up to receive communication.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, takemewithyou said:

Have you been able to sign in to your Azamara account?

We were all sent e mails to go in and create a new password for our accounts.

If you haven’t done that, I would try that.

Also clear all cookies before,

If you can get into to your account, make sure you go to account settings and make sure you are signed up to receive communication.

Yes, I did, a month or so ago.   But still had to submit a form for help.  Now, thankfully, I can see our booking and excursions.  
However, the emails from the CEO have never arrived.  

2 hours ago, capsplace said:

Yes, I did, a month or so ago.   But still had to submit a form for help.  Now, thankfully, I can see our booking and excursions.  
However, the emails from the CEO have never arrived.  

You aren’t the only one, I guess.  I have seen others say they didn’t receive the emails, despite doing all that.  I have seen a sign of improvement but not as much as any of us would like.

• Like 2

Pre-website change I used to receive Azamara emails. I reset password and can log into account (status correct but points are wrong but I have not reported yet as waiting to see what happens in June) have updated communication preferences 4 times now but have not received any email communication since the password reset one on 31st March....I come on here to find out what comms are going out!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

It's now been more than three months since the system transition, and my AZ online account is still wrong — points, upcoming cruises, and past cruise history.  Had a great cruise on the Pursuit in late May/early June (only 80% full) - booked while RCCL was still the owner.  And now lots of AZ promotional emails, sales, extra nights etc.  And not a word from Azamara's illustrious management team about where things stand and when they will be fixed.  It was interesting to talk to staff on board who clearly were instructed to say, pretty much without exception, that the web site and account issues will be cleared up "in two weeks."  That was back on May 26.  As much as I'd love to book another cruise with AZ based upon by experiences on the Pursuit, I wouldn't give this company a dime right now.  They are clearly still struggling mightily to right the ship. 

5 minutes ago, Marylebone37 said:

It's now been more than three months since the system transition, and my AZ online account is still wrong — points, upcoming cruises, and past cruise history.  Had a great cruise on the Pursuit in late May/early June (only 80% full) - booked while RCCL was still the owner.  And now lots of AZ promotional emails, sales, extra nights etc.  And not a word from Azamara's illustrious management team about where things stand and when they will be fixed.  It was interesting to talk to staff on board who clearly were instructed to say, pretty much without exception, that the web site and account issues will be cleared up "in two weeks."  That was back on May 26.  As much as I'd love to book another cruise with AZ based upon by experiences on the Pursuit, I wouldn't give this company a dime right now.  They are clearly still struggling mightily to right the ship. 

I am still happily booking, and getting what I am paying for. Is it a challenge sometimes? Yes, I freely admit that it is. But it is getting better, day by day. And are we able to take the cruises that we enjoy? Yes. We board our next cruise on the 10th of this month, and I’m excited! 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

Well, I have 2 back- to-back cruises on the Journey starting August 17th, and I certainly hope that these cruises are better than the pre-cruise experience.

i have little sympathy for the company’s computer issues. A big conglomerate called Sycamore owns Azamara, and should be much more efficient.

At this point, these 2 cruises with Azamara will be my first and last.

This past spring, I spent 21 nights on the Royal Caribbean Explorer of the Seas, and even with missing a port due to weather, the whole process ran smoothly.

The way I see it, a cruise is not upscale if doing simple transactions become a headache. 
I am trying to keep an open mind, but am not optimistic.

Frankie (ms) in Victoria BC

2 hours ago, ashstreet said:

Well, I have 2 back- to-back cruises on the Journey starting August 17th, and I certainly hope that these cruises are better than the pre-cruise experience.

i have little sympathy for the company’s computer issues. A big conglomerate called Sycamore owns Azamara, and should be much more efficient.

At this point, these 2 cruises with Azamara will be my first and last.

This past spring, I spent 21 nights on the Royal Caribbean Explorer of the Seas, and even with missing a port due to weather, the whole process ran smoothly.

The way I see it, a cruise is not upscale if doing simple transactions become a headache. 
I am trying to keep an open mind, but am not optimistic.

Frankie (ms) in Victoria BC

Please do come back after your cruises and tell us how you’re feeling then

• Like 9

On 4/23/2023 at 11:49 AM, CHTobi said:

Individual experiences and perceptions differ and therefore there seem to be different realities. It is wonderful that things are as perfect as they always were for you. But not everyone agrees with you - as you very well know. The art and ability to agree to disagree comes in handy in situations like that. 

When was your last Azamara cruise

9 minutes ago, aliaschief said:

Spent most of June on Journey cruising two back to backs. We both disembarked feeling we had been on a perfect cruise experience.

That’s great when it all goes fine.  We have just come off Pursuit and all was good except sound levels on White Night.  

But I do not like what I am reading on some recent posts involving misleading shore excursions……not delivering what was promised and not receiving refunds.

I am still concerned not about management on ships but management in Head Office in Miami.

• Like 1

On 5/2/2023 at 4:04 PM, MariLoui said:

I am very glad to have read all the postings and as such we are cancelling our 4 cruises before the final payment deadline next week. I regret that we will not be able to take these cruises as we were looking forward to them very much. I have received no notifications of any kind. I do not have multiple profiles as my profile was created recently. I cannot access my account and am told to create a new account: I will not do this. What has happened to my data? Is it secure or has it been hacked? I would like to know how creating a new account would help when they say I have no account. My air reservations are screwed up. We booked through a travel agent and she has had difficulty contacting her rep. When she finally did so, he just said be patient and all will be resolved. The reason I booked with the travel agent and included the air was so that all would be taken care of and I would have no worries and no stress. The opposite has occured. Since the transition took place in late February and all is still a mess, the incompetence of Azamara is impossible to ignore.

Once you are onboard you forget this incompetence. But I agree that is a stressful situation pre cruise.

Ivi

Edited by travelberlin

• 4 weeks later...