Fort Lauderdale Hyatt Place Hotels

cruisecookie

Which Fort Lauderdale Hyatt Place hotel do you recommend for our one night pre-cruise stay without a car?  Hyatt Place Fort Lauderdale Cruise Port at 1851 SE 10th Ave or Hyatt Place Fort Lauderdale Airport - South & Cruise Port  at 91 Southwest 18th Avenue.  Are the rooms the same at both hotels?  Is one location better in terms of walking to restaurants, grocery and/or drug stores?  Do you recommend a different hotel? Thank you.

4 hours ago, cruisecookie said:
Which Fort Lauderdale Hyatt Place hotel do you recommend for our one night pre-cruise stay without a car?  Hyatt Place Fort Lauderdale Cruise Port at 1851 SE 10th Ave or Hyatt Place Fort Lauderdale Airport - South & Cruise Port  at 91 Southwest 18th Avenue.  Are the rooms the same at both hotels?  Is one location better in terms of walking to restaurants, grocery and/or drug stores?  Do you recommend a different hotel? Thank you.

We like the Hyatt Place on SE 10th, because it is super convenient to the Harbor Shops, like Publix, Total wine, restaurants, etc.

We just go out the side entrance, cut through the LA Fitness parking garage and we’re in the Harbor shops area.

The rooms are fine and breakfast is okay. The staff is really nice.

Haven’t stayed at the one on 18th.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

We like the Hyatt Place on SE 10th, because it is super convenient to the Harbor Shops, like Publix, Total wine, restaurants, etc.

We just go out the side entrance, cut through the LA Fitness parking garage and we’re in the Harbor shops area.

The rooms are fine and breakfast is okay. The staff is really nice.

Haven’t stayed at the one on 18th.

Absolutely...agree with this.

• Haha 1

We're staying at the 18th Ave location.

18th Ave location has a free airport shuttle, 10th St does not.

18th Ave has queen beds or a king, 10th St has double beds or a king

Both have free breakfast.

Across the street from 18th Ave:

Dania Pointe: A Fort Lauderdale Mall and Dining Destination

and

Hollywood, Florida FL - Available Retail Space & Restaurant Space for Lease Oakwood Plaza North & South | Kimco Realty

We've stayed at the 10th St location a number of times. Great little hotel, very well placed. If you're contemplating staying there, check out Valuetrips.com for pretty impressive pricing at this particular hotel. Many discussions about VT here on this forum.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, DaveOKC said:

10th Street does have an airport shuttle but at a minor cost (I think $5 per room) from the airport.

It was, but believe they are changing it this month. Outsourcing?  It’s on their website or you could just call or email and ask if booking there.  

1 hour ago, PacnGoNow said:

It was, but believe they are changing it this month. Outsourcing?  It’s on their website or you could just call or email and ask if booking there.  

It has always been a bit of a hassle to get it IMO.  In Feb we had to call several times to get it (long story), so next time we will use taxi or ride share (its fairly close so should not cost much).

Edited by DaveOKC

2 minutes ago, DaveOKC said:

It has always been a bit of a hassle to get it IMO.  In Feb we had to call several times to get it (long story), so next time we will use taxi or ride share (its fairly close so should not cost much).

We used it in March, only waited 10 mins, but we were lucky.  Anyway, you’re right, Uber/Lyft are cheap and plentiful in Ft Lauderdale.  Not a taxi, as many have reported they’ve really ripped them off.

We stayed at the one in Dania. ( SW 18th, I think). We flew in and they picked us up at airport within 10 minutes. We walked to a great Italian restaurant the next day and ate fantastic pizza. (Called Cucina's). Literally right out the door from the hotel.  Planning on staying there again this fall just for the pizza next door!!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, mailmama said:

We stayed at the one in Dania. ( SW 18th, I think). We flew in and they picked us up at airport within 10 minutes. We walked to a great Italian restaurant the next day and ate fantastic pizza. (Called Cucina's). Literally right out the door from the hotel.  Planning on staying there again this fall just for the pizza next door!!

Do you need to call for them to come and pick up or do they continually circle back and forth? 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, PrincessArlena'sDad said:

Do you need to call for them to come and pick up or do they continually circle back and forth? 

Driver indicated during peak hours they just run circles from hotel to airport and back but we arrived about 8 and called the hotel. I'd just call hotel when you have your luggage no matter what time it is. Once you collect your luggage you simply walk out of airport and down about 1/2 a block to designated pick up area. You can't miss it; lots of hotel vans loading and unloading.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, jonsmom said:

I am looking for precruise for next April.  It's really hard to find a hotel that has good reviews.  Some good, some not.  Ugh

American friends have always praised The Riverside as close to shops, bars and restaurants with a short walk to a liquor store.  The hotel is simple clean and has “micro rooms” being slightly smaller for those on a budget.  As they say in the States “Best bang for a Buck”.

Take a look…

• Like 1

On 4/27/2023 at 7:25 AM, jonsmom said:

I am looking for precruise for next April.  It's really hard to find a hotel that has good reviews.  Some good, some not.  Ugh

I really liked the Hyatt Place, Dania Beach.

• Like 1

On 4/24/2023 at 11:19 AM, lx200gps said:

check out Valuetrips.com for pretty impressive pricing at this particular hotel. Many discussions about VT here on this forum.

How do you book for 2024 on Valuetrips?  I've emailed them, but never got a response.

33 minutes ago, cruisecookie said:

How do you book for 2024 on Valuetrips?  I've emailed them, but never got a response.

Just go to their web site and fill in the details. They are a strange outfit and pretty much don't communicate very well, but lots of folks swear by them. I doubt you will ever get any response to an Email.  We've used them twice and had no issues, though we no longer use the Hyatt Place. Check out some of the other threads on VT here on CC to get more of a feel of how they operate.

2 hours ago, cruisecookie said:

It is way too early for 2024 dates.  They usually don't release the next calendar year's dates until November or December.

18 hours ago, cruisecookie said:

Mid Dec 2022, they released prices for 2023.  They might do the same time line for 2024.

17 minutes ago, phabric said:

Mid Dec 2022, they released prices for 2023.  They might do the same time line for 2024.

The year before it was not released until Jan 7th.  So, I’d just start checking in Dec.

If you are a Hyatt  member  you can sometimes get good deals

I found  that VT  for our dates was not cheaper than Hyatt  this was  pre covid 

Check both options