What are the prices of the specialty dining restaurants now?

Grandma7

Not since last summer, I don’t think.  Do you have a booking ?  Just check the HAL website for pricing.  I believe the 18% surcharge was applicable in the summer?

During his talk aboard the World Cruise a few days ago, Gus Antorcha (President of HAL) said that he chose to add up charges for several items rather than increase the base price of the specialty dinners. He also said that due to the response, that might not have been the best choice.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, FlorenceItaly said:

For my May sailing on the Zuiderdam it lists $22.42 pp for Caneletto, and $46.02 pp for Pinnacle.

That is what we see today on the Westerdam.  However, there are also add-ons in both restaurants.  Fir

example, just ordering a soup starter and salad, in the PG, will result in an extra $7 + 18%.  And you will get a bill with a place to add an extra tip 👟😐

Canaletto steward told us last night the new menu will roll out on Rotterdam soon. Chicken parmigiana, jumbo shrimp and one other will become part of the everyday menu. They are the most popular. Currently price on Volendam:

IMG_1084.png

Just now, TiogaCruiser said:

Canaletto steward told us last night the new menu will roll out on Rotterdam soon. Chicken parmigiana, jumbo shrimp and one other will become part of the everyday menu. They are the most popular. Currently price on Volendam:

IMG_1084.png

IMG_1085.png

TiogaCruiser - Thanks for posting the info. My stepfather and I were on the Niew Statendam last August and we loved the Canaletto.  I'm glad to know the chicken 

parmigiana will be on the menu every night, instead of just Sunday night. I ordered 

a half portion for my entree, but it was still a generous amount and the perfect size 

for me. My stepfather wanted the veal meatballs as an entree, but it was an appetizer.

The waitress brought him an entree sized portion. Food and service were great.

28 minutes ago, Florida_gal_50 said:

Here is the new menu.  The one above is the old one.

canaletto_menu_winter_2023_en_rtdm_trial_v15.pdf 162.83 kB · 8 downloads

If the one you are referring to as “the one above” is what I posted in post #12, it is the one we ate off of last night and the one posted on our Navigator. It is current for this ship.

Edited by TiogaCruiser

8 hours ago, TiogaCruiser said:

If the one you are referring to as “the one above” is what I posted in post #12, it is the one we ate off of last night and the one posted on our Navigator. It is current for this ship.

I should have said below.  I didn’t say it was current for your ship.  This is the new menu which from everything I understand is now being used on the Rotterdam.  There was also a thread about this about a month ago.

Edited by Florida_gal_50

On 4/25/2023 at 12:02 AM, richwmn said:

During his talk aboard the World Cruise a few days ago, Gus Antorcha (President of HAL) said that he chose to add up charges for several items rather than increase the base price of the specialty dinners. He also said that due to the response, that might not have been the best choice.

It's astonishing that the leader of an organization with such a long history would make such a mis-step.  It's as if he doesn't understand his customers at all.  🤣

• Like 1

3 hours ago, cbr663 said:

It's astonishing that the leader of an organization with such a long history would make such a mis-step.  It's as if he doesn't understand his customers at all.  🤣

Even good leaders make mistakes, and this "mis-step" could be undone.

• Like 1

Tamarind is $29 plus 18%. It is strange though....... I noticed in fine print under Pinnacle and Caneletto that extra appetizers would cost extra(different prices for them) but did not see this under Tamarind. This was noted on the app when I was checking prices.