Live and live from Nieuw Amsterdam on her voyage up north to Alaska

Copper10-8

LauraS
This post was recognized by LauraS!

"Wow -- another from Copper10-8! Thank you for generously sharing your time at sea with everyone at Cruise Critic!"

Copper10-8 was awarded the badge '"Live from...."' and 5 points.

Leaving tomorrow morning for San Diego for a 4-day northbound Pacific Coastal on Nieuw Amsterdam to Vancouver, BC, with a stop in always really nice Victoria, BC, followed by a (separate) 7-day Alaska inside passage journey with stops in Juneau, Skagway and Ketchikan.

Since we are not returning to San Diego this time, we are leaving the hooptee at home with Stiv, our cat who will not be a happy camper, but has Maria's mum to take care of him, and flying the, at one time, friendly skies of United Express on a approx. 35 min. flight to Lindbergh Field on a Canadian-designed and built Bombardier CRJ-701ER (CL-600-2C10).

If interested, travel along with us 😉 

Stiv 2015.jpg

United Express - Bombardier CRJ-701ER (CL-600-2C10).jpg

Lindbergh Field approach #4.jpg

San Diego Cruise Ship Berths #7.jpg

HAL NADM IV #3.jpg

• Like 34
  • Thanks 5

4 minutes ago, Ineke said:

I guess we’ll just miss each other - we’ll be getting on as you get off the ship on the 7th. Goeie reis!

Dankjewel, volgende keer mischien, goeie reis aan jou/jullie ook toegewenst! / Thanks a bunch, perhaps next time, wishing you/yours a great voyage also!

• Like 4

2 hours ago, ger_77 said:

Thanks John, for taking us along with you.  Please give my best to Maria!

Thanks Gerrie!

Please give Maurice, the original honey bunny, our best wishes and congratulations with/on his birthday!

Take care/Be safe!

John & Maria

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, oakridger said:

I'll be reading along as always!  @Copper10-8 I'm curious why you flew from LA to San Diego?  It seems like it would take longer door to door than driving.  

Bon Voyage, and I'll wave as you pass by San Francisco!!  😁

~Nancy

Looked at a town car car/driver and at Super Shuttle. Then decided on UA Express using sky miles so it didn't cost us anything 😉 We'll be waving back at ya when we're alongside the city of the Bay! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, kplady said:

Thanks for inviting us along on y o u journey!

Laura (and Bill USMC 67-71)

Thanks and give Bill (please thank him for his service, no doubt during Vietnam) a big oorah for me (USMC 76-80, just after Vietnam but lots of Vietnam vets in the Corps then, incl. all my D.I.'s at MCRD San Diego) 

1 hour ago, Copper10-8 said:

Thanks and give Bill (please thank him for his service, no doubt during Vietnam) a big oorah for me (USMC 76-80, just after Vietnam but lots of Vietnam vets in the Corps then, incl. all my D.I.'s at MCRD San Diego) 

Bill says Semper Fi to you ..we remember you from the Amsterdam, when he broke a bone in his foot on an excursion!

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, kplady said:

Bill says Semper Fi to you ..we remember you from the Amsterdam, when he broke a bone in his foot on an excursion!

It's coming back to me! I wrote a report on that incident! 😉 All the best!

• Like 1

We did this last year on the NA. There were 500 passengers to Vancouver and 600 on the 7 day cruise. More crew than passengers. In the lido several of the crew would descend to remove our plates before we had finished the last morsel. Great service. Please let us know how many are on the ship this year. Have a great time!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2