Check your planner today beverage/internet/dining sales

I was really mad with myself that I didn't buy the refreshment package before Royal raised their fees back in March so I bit the bullet and purchased it for my May 2024 Icon cruise at 10% discount.  But, thanks to the inner stalker in me, I noticed it today for 20% off.

Beverage package is buy one get one 50% off (I don't drink alcohol so not sure if the price is great but the daily price reflecting discount is $81.99) and there were dining package and internet discounts as well.  Just wanted to let you know in case your sailing is having a sale as well.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, erby2283 said:

I bit the bullet and purchased it for my May 2024 Icon cruise at 10% discount.  But, thanks to the inner stalker in me, I noticed it today for 20% off.

don't look at the percentages. Look at the final $ value only. 🙂

• Like 3

Just now, Itchy&Scratchy said:

don't look at the percentages. Look at the final $ value only. 🙂

Thank you for adding that tip when searching.  I paid $280 in March and booked it today for $247. I'll take it. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, firefly333 said:

I'd checked earlier and saw this so checked booking direct meals again.

Had been 15% off for weeks and weeks. Today's big sale 10% off, every date I have the cost is UP today. 

Bummer...  I always wonder how they decide which sailings get a sale on these items and at what times.  We are just over a year for our Icon sailing. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, erby2283 said:

Bummer...  I always wonder how they decide which sailings get a sale on these items and at what times.  We are just over a year for our Icon sailing. 

I dont think dates matter. I think ALL direct pay restaurants are UP with this sale. Sept and nov and dec 2023. Even oct 2024. Every single one was 15% off, now only 10% off. From close in to a year and a half out every date is UP. If you want to book it direct. 

Is $18.99 / person per day good price for internet for 8 night cruise?  Dining is still not listed for Our Odyssey cruise 12/23-31/2023

Edited by abpplh

This morning Chops + one was down to $74.99 (first time in over a year it had been lower) .  All the individual restaurants were higher (10% off v. 15% off).  Went back this afternoon and Chops + one was back to $84.99 and the individual restaurants still higher... mighty quick sale....

As to the internet price, the $18.99 seems to be the lower of the two "on sale" prices.  You can alway buy now and then see what black friday brings.  Usually, it is lower the week of black friday.  You can cancel and then re-purchase at the lower price.

Edited by The Scurvy Pirate

11 minutes ago, The Scurvy Pirate said:

This morning Chops + one was down to $74.99 (first time in over a year it had been lower) .  All the individual restaurants were higher (10% off v. 15% off).  Went back this afternoon and Chops + one was back to $84.99 and the individual restaurants still higher... mighty quick sale....

Mighty quick sale is right - when I posted this, the 3-night dining package $93.99 and I was considering purchasing it.  It's now at $127.99 (but says "up to 40% off"). The Unlimited dining package is $243 (says 50% off).

37 minutes ago, abpplh said:

Is $18.99 / person per day good price for internet for 8 night cruise?  Dining is still not listed for Our Odyssey cruise 12/23-31/2023

I would book it at that price.  You can always cancel it and rebook and if it becomes cheaper.  I booked ours today at $20.99 per day (for one device). 

Edited by erby2283
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, abpplh said:

These days it’s about as good as it gets not including a Black Friday sale. Pre pandemic it’s not a good price. In fact all the planner prices are ridiculous IMO especially the beverage packages, sale or no sale they’re usually about the same inflated price.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Jerseygirl1416 said:

These days it’s about as good as it gets not including a Black Friday sale. Pre pandemic it’s not a good price. In fact all the planner prices are ridiculous IMO especially the beverage packages, sale or no sale they’re usually about the same inflated price.

I agree.   I just checked what I paid for the refreshment package back in 2019 (on my last cruise) - it was a 12 day cruise and I paid $240.72.  Today I paid $247.66 for a 7 day. 

Been watching a full dining package for a cruise in 2024 and was able to catch a reduction.  Bought it today and am happy with the price.  It is the same price I paid for dining 5 months ago for a March 2023 cruise.   In my opinion it was artificially inflated so this "sale" just brings it back to the price it should have been all along.  M

Edited by cruisegirl1
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, erby2283 said:

I would book it at that price.  You can always cancel it and rebook and if it becomes cheaper.  I booked ours today at $20.99 per day (for one device). 

Mine is at $15.99 per day/one device for my October 6 night.  I already purchased it at that price though wish pricing would come down on 2 device.

We checked the website and it was showing the ultimate dining package on sale by $40/person less than what we paid so we called to see if we can get the discounted price or an onboard credit for the difference.  They kept telling us it was the US price and not the Canadian price, but the price shows CAD.  So we sent them a screencap of the price and their response was "it depends on the cruise and the price for our cruise was more than what the website was showing as it says from that price."

We logged into our account and clicked on Plan my cruise and you're telling me the price listed may not be for our cruise!  How does that make sense?

9 minutes ago, BBQ Bacon said:

We checked the website and it was showing the ultimate dining package on sale by $40/person less than what we paid so we called to see if we can get the discounted price or an onboard credit for the difference.  They kept telling us it was the US price and not the Canadian price, but the price shows CAD.  So we sent them a screencap of the price and their response was "it depends on the cruise and the price for our cruise was more than what the website was showing as it says from that price."

We logged into our account and clicked on Plan my cruise and you're telling me the price listed may not be for our cruise!  How does that make sense?

Then can't you just buy it online now and get the original one canceled/refunded?  That seems like what most people do on here.

Edited by MeHeartCruising
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, BBQ Bacon said:

I called once not knowing I had to cancel ..just do it yourself if it's cheaper. They tried to tell me some nonsense like the difference on a excursion price was due to tax. I went in mysel and cancelled and rebooked. 

They seem clueless to me. You have to cancel I read here on cc and rebook. Good advice.

• Like 2

My 5 nighter dinner package was $190.99/pp. I just checked and it is $177.99/pp.  We booked it. I'm still bummed because I paid $150/pp for Thanksgiving 2021, 7 night dinner pkg. SMH!!  Sushi at Izumi's for appetizer.  We love Giovanni's surf and turf (grilled shrimp and filet mignon) for dinner. YUMMY!! And we'll hit up Chops or Sabor for dessert. We have finally figured out how to work the system for the dining package. 

• Like 1

Anyone know what size the water bottles are for the water package?  price seems super high for a 20 oz bottle....  

Last cruise we went on (Dec 2021) my daughter and I got the refreshment package on BF so we just got canned water any time we were going back to our room.  With the prices as they are now, not sure we will be doing that package again.

Edited by abpplh

Thank you for this email...since I had to have it for personal peace of mind to avoid crowds for embarkation, 1st day lunch, and debarkation, I did jump on the Key.  More than I wanted to pay, but 1st sale since I booked (and it was a full 25% off), and looking at last year's Black Friday, not sure it will get better on an enormous new ship during a holiday week sale.

It helped the kids told me they couldn't believe we might live the week without internet when they have phones and boyfriends to talk to...and a spouse who also felt like he was gonna need to be connected.  Then, it wasn't just me avoiding all the mob scene crowds of the 1st and last day.

They are uber-excited, and we booked crappy cabins so I originally could get this for me - then we saw the original price ($44) and waited and waited...I just wish it was under $30/person/day and not $32/person/day...but if it was, maybe it would have sold out before I saw this post.  And selling out would have made my stress level for the vacation skyrocket.

PS - My daughter did make the point that if I waited for Black Friday, with inflation, it might not get any cheaper anyway, and it's not like her dad's salary goes up between now and then...I did also tell the spouse when we are old enough to go as a twosome, this will be much easier to buy.  Oh well...at least the kids will love skipping lines for the activities!

• Like 1

I received an email yesterday re my sailing on Symphony in February of 2024 about a sale on the UDP.  When I tried to book it the new price was $50 less than my booking, yay!  But… it said it was sold out. Felt a bit like a bait and switch. Tried several more times and it remained sold out.  Anyone else experience this?

• Like 1