Free specialty dinner first night if a suite guest?

CruizinCupcake

3 minutes ago, CruizinCupcake said:

Is this true ?

Yes

3 minutes ago, CruizinCupcake said:

How do you make reservations?

Either wait until you are onboard or reserve it via the app - although depending on the vagaries of the app on any given day it may try to charge you.

7 minutes ago, david63 said:

Either wait until you are onboard or reserve it via the app - although depending on the vagaries of the app on any given day it may try to charge you.

The app, or more specifically the website app, did indeed charge me.  I'm assuming the work to unwind that charge over the phone will be annoying enough that I should just do it at Guest Services.

• Thanks 1

The first night specially dining for full suites is good on cruises over 5 days if I am not mistaken. There is no need to book in advance the hold out tables for suite guests. In March on the Emerald I even got a call from the dine line to book while I was on board. You can go to the venue you want prior to sailing to reserve or call the dine line or if you are on a Royal class ship just call the suite concierge 

• Like 1

If you find the 2023 coupons in this forum, and print it out, you can also get a free bottle of wine with your complimentary embarkation day specialty dinner.  Either have it with the dinner or take it back to your suite.  It will be the wine of the day so no choices are available and ours was a.bottle of Castle Rock Pinot Noir.

25 minutes ago, Plato123 said:

If you find the 2023 coupons in this forum, and print it out, you can also get a free bottle of wine with your complimentary embarkation day specialty dinner.  Either have it with the dinner or take it back to your suite.  It will be the wine of the day so no choices are available and ours was a.bottle of Castle Rock Pinot Noir.

Ok, I have got to do a search and see if I can find the 2023 coupons.  Thanks for the information. 

Are you on one of the Royal class ships that has a concierge lounge on Riviera deck?

If yes, then let the concierge person take care of all of that and more......excursions, questions, laundry tokens, reservations.........they do it all!!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Clampram said:

Are you on one of the Royal class ships that has a concierge lounge on Riviera deck?

If yes, then let the concierge person take care of all of that and more......excursions, questions, laundry tokens, reservations.........they do it all!!

We are on the Caribbean Princess.   Will have to check and see what class ship she is.  Thanks 

Several times we've been able to do the specialty dinner on a night other than the first night.  Just call the DINE line or go to the specialty restaurant and reserve a different night if you want.

We are in a suite on the Caribbean Princess and I was able to book our free first night SD on the app and was not charged.  It showed the price and then a credit with a final amount due of -0-.  I wish I had taken a screen shot, but it worked just as it should.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, MTNest93 said:

We are in a suite on the Caribbean Princess and I was able to book our free first night SD on the app and was not charged.  It showed the price and then a credit with a final amount due of -0-.  I wish I had taken a screen shot, but it worked just as it should.

I just tried this and it worked showed -0- due.  So happy, we love the steak house and free is even better

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, CruizinCupcake said:

I just tried this and it worked showed -0- due.  So happy, we love the steak house and free is even better

So glad it worked for you!!  Enjoy 😄

On 5/2/2023 at 11:10 AM, memoak said:

The first night specially dining for full suites is good on cruises over 5 days if I am not mistaken. There is no need to book in advance the hold out tables for suite guests. In March on the Emerald I even got a call from the dine line to book while I was on board. You can go to the venue you want prior to sailing to reserve or call the dine line or if you are on a Royal class ship just call the suite concierge 

I’m going on the emerald on June 01! Does this count for mini suites as well? Or just full

On 5/2/2023 at 2:17 PM, Plato123 said:

And where do we find these coupons ???

Embarkation night is chaotic as far as dinner is concerned.  Last time we were in a suite we got on board and called the dine line and had a table at the Crown Grill.  When we were actually dining there that evening there wasn't a huge demand, most tables were empty, and only a few guests dining there.  The meal was excellent, as usual.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Shippy said:

And where do we find these coupons ???

3 hours ago, RedIguana said:

Mine came via E-Mail. Are you in our "front of the head parchment place" group? Link may be shareable.

Link comes in an E-mail several weeks before the cruise.

It only comes as part of a promotion multiple times during the year that if you book a cruise during the promotion, the coupon "book" is a part of it. If you book using a TA, the TAs run the promotion at different times.

Yes, you might be able to share the link, but the ship computer system will know if you legitimately have the coupon "book." So presenting a coupon that was not authorized for you can mean it will be rejected.

7 hours ago, jeromep said:

Embarkation night is chaotic as far as dinner is concerned.  Last time we were in a suite we got on board and called the dine line and had a table at the Crown Grill.  When we were actually dining there that evening there wasn't a huge demand, most tables were empty,and only a few guests dining there.  The meal was excellent, as usual.

And that is the exact reason they offer it to full suites for the first evening.

They make it free that night so it cannot be used on other evenings when a free suite booking could mean paying passengers might not get a reservation.

On 5/3/2023 at 1:42 PM, MTNest93 said:

We are also on the Caribbean Princess in a full suite.  I cannot find the dining options on the app, but we haven't paid for the cruise yet as it is in September. Do we have to pay for the Medallion to reserve dinners?

36 minutes ago, Carol28 said:

We are also on the Caribbean Princess in a full suite.  I cannot find the dining options on the app, but we haven't paid for the cruise yet as it is in September. Do we have to pay for the Medallion to reserve dinners?

If you are in a full suite there are no reservations needed. Your MDR is the club class area and you will never have to wait more than a few minutes to be seated