Guest changes after final payment

We have an issue due to a breakup that happened 2 days after final payment 🙄. We booked 2 cabins. First cabin is a 3 person with two adults and a 13 year old and second cabin is a 2 person with a 22 year old adult child with his girlfriend (now ex girlfriend). I’m thinking of calling and removing the girlfriend from that booking and seeing if the will move the 13 year old to the other room. 

This would give us privacy for the first time in years!! Just not sure if they will do it without any repricing to the first 3 person cabin. I don’t even care if they move us to a cabin for 2 people. Seems like this would help RCCL as all balconies for 3 or more are sold out but there are many for 2 people for this sailing.

I know we can just do a no show and get keys made as a last resort. 

Thoughts?

Edited by CruisingHogFan

As long as one person from the original booking remains in each cabin you can change the other guests.

Since you are after final you could also just deal with it on board. 

Edited by twangster

Just now, CanadaRob said:

Sure can move one as long as one guest stays the same.

your 22 yo in the cabin would be fine.

your cabin would be re priced

Repricing is what I’m trying to avoid. When I booked we paid $2,700 for the 3 person cabin. Right now a cabin for 2 is over $4,400…. If I have to reprice I will just no show and get keys made. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, CruisingHogFan said:

Repricing is what I’m trying to avoid. When I booked we paid $2,700 for the 3 person cabin. Right now a cabin for 2 is over $4,400…. If I have to reprice I will just no show and get keys made. 

Not a reprice, just remove 3rd person, the port fees and taxes would be refunded

19 minutes ago, CanadaRob said:

Not a reprice, just remove 3rd person, the port fees and taxes would be refunded

Its not the 3rd person. It's the 2nd in the 2 person cabin who she wants to cancel.

And move the child to sleep in the 2 pax cabin. She will be repriced.

Agree deal with keys after you board if prices are up.

53 minutes ago, CanadaRob said:

Port fees and taxes are refunded in all cases of a guest not sailing.  Remove them or no show.  Same. 

The other potential risk with removing a 3rd guest from a triple cabin is that Royal could move you to a double cabin so the triple could be sold to a new party of three. 

With a no show they can't do that but if there are months to go they can and will. 

• Like 1

Probably cheaper keep everything as is and deal with the no show on boarding and just put child in cabin with older son. Have never head of cabin steward reporting on number of occupants in a booked cabins.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, zebra36 said:

Probably cheaper keep everything as is and deal with the no show on boarding and just put child in cabin with older son. Have never head of cabin steward reporting on number of occupants in a booked cabins.

This is what I would do too

• Like 1

11 hours ago, CruisingHogFan said:

a 22 year old adult child with his girlfriend (now ex girlfriend)

He might find a new one and would want to bring her along by cruise date.

Biker, who chuckles at a 22 year old being called an adult child.

Edited by Biker19
  • Haha 4

9 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

22 year old being called an adult child.

I think it was phrased that way to let us know the 22 yo was poster's child and not just a 22 yo, no relation.

I wouldn't change anything. A lot of breakups don't stick the first time around, and they might get back together before sail date. If not, the girlfriend can just be a "no show" and you can have the 13 year old sleep in the brother's room, with no re-pricing risk. 

This option leaves open the opportunity for the 22 year old and his girlfriend to work things out and still go on the trip together if that's how it goes, without the pressure that everything gets cancelled 2 days after a breakup (let things process, it takes time and feelings can fluctuate in that 3 months, best to allow them space to do this). 

Just happened to my WAAAAAAY older than 22 brother also after final payment.  TA canceled her & he was refunded fees etc and DBP.  I was refunded the dinner reservation she was included in.  Canceled just be sure she didn’t show up!!!

I didn’t want to get into details but final payment was weeks ago. They aren’t getting back together….

I’m thinking of calling and canceling her and leaving everything else as is. He should get double points for that cabin as a single on the booking. once onboard we can just get another key made and have the daughter move into his cabin vs trying to mess with the reservations

17 minutes ago, CruisingHogFan said:

I’m thinking of calling and canceling her and leaving everything else as is. He should get double points for that cabin as a single on the booking.

Wasn't there a recent policy change that said, double points apply *only* if the cabin was originally booked as a single?

1 minute ago, Cigar King said:

Wasn't there a recent policy change that said, double points apply *only* if the cabin was originally booked as a single?

Yes, but I’ve also seen several people state they are still getting double points as long as the changes are made ahead of sailing. Who knows for sure

19 minutes ago, Cigar King said:

The booking just needs to be made a solo (by canceling the second person it converts to a solo booking) before sailing for the extra solo points.

I'd call RCI and ask them.  Every time we asked a question like that, they give us an honest answer of what would be the best choice.  You can even ask hypothetically suggesting that the relationship is on the rocks and you want to be ready if something happens.

Or your TA, however you made the reservation.

Especially given that you see people suggesting all things.