Does HAL Count the Club Orange Fees for Days at Sea

mcrcruiser

Nope it doesn’t count.  It becomes part of your cruise fare.  It’s just like if you chose to upgrade your cabin from a vh to a va, that wouldn’t count either.  I’m not sure why people believe it does because I keep hearing it but it’s not true.  If you were to buy a cabana that definitely counts.

• Like 2

We purchased CO separately from our initial booking and the fees were definitely counted towards our precruise/onboard spending credit just like buying excursions, laundry etc.

• Like 1

Yes.  One bonus cruise day credit is given for each $300 spent on most onboard/advance purchases (including Club Orange fee).  Club Orange fees have counted for me every time I've purchased it separate from my cruise fare (Neptune and Pinnacle suite fares include Club Orange) .  

• Like 1

Buying laundry, excursions, dinners all count towards spending.  When have these amounts ever been rolled into your cruise fare? Can  someone please produce a separate email for their purchase of club orange that isn’t rolled into your cruise fare?  It gets rolled into the total value of your cruise fare.  How could hal possibly know that is extra spending?  It makes no sense.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, CT D&N said:

Yes.  One bonus cruise day credit is given for each $300 spent on most onboard/advance purchases (including Club Orange fee).  Club Orange fees have counted for me every time I've purchased it separate from my cruise fare (Neptune and Pinnacle suite fares include Club Orange) .  

I’d love to see a separate copy of that invoice and where you were credited for it in your onboard spend.  It should be easy right?

11 day cruise in a verandah on the Rotterdam in February with HIA which included crew appreciation.   Bought Club Orange. Spent $150 in the shops.  Received 22 days towards our next Mariner level.

1 hour ago, Florida_gal_50 said:

I’d love to see a separate copy of that invoice and where you were credited for it in your onboard spend.  It should be easy right?

How about if I prove you right? It's added to the booking as special services and increases the gross fare. It becomes a 100% penalty right after final payment, just like the cruise protection plan. I'm not going to post my booking confirmation, but Club Orange is in the fare section and increased the cruise fare.

1 can let you know if it shows up on the folio closer to Christmas when we get back. (I'll file it under "random research" questions.)

Edited by POA1
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, POA1 said:

How about if I prove you right? It's added to the booking as special services and increases the gross fare. It becomes a 100% penalty right after final payment, just like the cruise protection plan. I'm not going to post my booking confirmation, but Club Orange is in the fare section and increased the cruise fare.

1 can let you know if it shows up on the folio closer to Christmas when we get back. (I'll file it under "random research" questions.)

That would be perfect.  I also have my confirmation with club orange.  There is no separate point showing it being added it’s just listed in special services or whatever it’s called.  Its part of the total fare. I recently had a price reduction on my cruise and it’s always a bit messy but I do screen prints.  My pcc said your cruise fare misus club orange is xxx so there was the proof it  had gone down and I was able to get the reduction.  Thanks.

1 minute ago, Florida_gal_50 said:

Thanks

Happy to help. I'll have to check my folio because we have maxed out our spend days pretty much every cruise since they started adding them. (We do a lot of field research and there are costs associated with the science.) I am counting on 21 cruise credit days from our week in December.

1 minute ago, POA1 said:

Happy to help. I'll have to check my folio because we have maxed out our spend days pretty much every cruise since they started adding them. (We do a lot of field research and there are costs associated with the science.) I am counting on 21 cruise credit days from our week in December.

Do you have hia? Many people are reporting they got double points (people without suites) when the couple had hia.  I got more than I deserved last time but it wasn’t double.  It’s not a huge deal but if they come up with another level of perks I want to have enough points to qualify.

24 minutes ago, Florida_gal_50 said:

Do you have hia? Many people are reporting they got double points (people without suites) when the couple had hia.  I got more than I deserved last time but it wasn’t double.  It’s not a huge deal but if they come up with another level of perks I want to have enough points to qualify.

No. We're going a la carte. We booked a Vista Suite because we never had one before. We're getting 2x Elite Beverage Package, 1x 7 day Premium Internet, and a Retreat Cabana. We'll get our 4* discount on the Pinnacle Grill and Sel de Mer. Well don't need an excursion credit because we've been to all our ports and had land vacations in St. Thomas and San Juan. Have it all makes sense for most people, but not for us. I screwed up by booking the exact room we wanted. I probably should have played the upgrade game with Club Orange, but we're very particular about stateroom selection.

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, Florida_gal_50 said:

There is no separate point showing it being added it’s just listed in special services or whatever it’s called.  Its part of the total fare.

Ours shows as a separate payment of $350, but reads like it's part of the fare. I have no idea if they'll break it out in the folio.

7 hours ago, POA1 said:

Ours shows as a separate payment of $350, but reads like it's part of the fare. I have no idea if they'll break it out in the folio.

Yes mine does show a separate payment to along with my deposit but it’s part of the overall cruise price.

10 hours ago, 0106 said:

11 day cruise in a verandah on the Rotterdam in February with HIA which included crew appreciation.   Bought Club Orange. Spent $150 in the shops.  Received 22 days towards our next Mariner level.

22 days credit is correct, based on 11day sailing with HIA.  

• Like 1

11 hours ago, POA1 said:

No. We're going a la carte. We booked a Vista Suite because we never had one before. We're getting 2x Elite Beverage Package, 1x 7 day Premium Internet, and a Retreat Cabana. We'll get our 4* discount on the Pinnacle Grill and Sel de Mer. Well don't need an excursion credit because we've been to all our ports and had land vacations in St. Thomas and San Juan. Have it all makes sense for most people, but not for us. I screwed up by booking the exact room we wanted. I probably should have played the upgrade game with Club Orange, but we're very particular about stateroom selection.

You should still get the CO upgrade fare if there is a cheaper Vista Suite than the one you booked.  Your TA or PCC would book your stateroom as the lowest VS category but your stateroom would not change.  With CO you can choose your stateroom.  I choose a VB stateroom and with CO pay for VH.

8 hours ago, oaktreerb said:

...Your TA or PCC would book your stateroom as the lowest VS category but your stateroom would not change.  With CO you can choose your stateroom.  I choose a VB stateroom and with CO pay for VH.

I have tried 3 times to do this exact thing (thru PCC, thru TA and onboard thru FCC) and have never been able to get anyone to do it for me. I booked a VH Gty that worked in my favor w/TA, but that's a gamble I would rather avoid by selecting cabin w/CO.

So, do you just stand firm when calling HAL? Is there a special # to call that is answered by people who understand the process? If going through TA, can they complete it in 1 call or do I (or them) follow up w/HAL after booking the Gty?

Thanks for your help 🤔

Edited by Haljo1935
Typo

I travelled solo when I had Club Orange.  I did have HIA but solos don’t get the same credit since there’s only one.  When I scratched my head after looking at my mariner points accrued, the only thing that accounted for the  difference was Club Orange.  So, if my math was correct - it does count.

It’s a pre-purchase.  An upgrade like a cabana except it has different rules for refunds.  I agree it rolls into your total fare (but paid) but I think that is because of the benefits (and possible upgrade) that goes with it.  

At least, I think that is how HAL is looking at it right now.  That might change by my next sailing.  Who knows?  The one where I had CO was December, 2023  - January, 2024

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Haljo1935 said:

I have tried 3 times to do this exact thing (thru PCC, thru TA and onboard thru FCC) and have never been able to get anyone to do it for me. I booked a VH Gty that worked in my favor w/TA, but that's a gamble I would rather avoid by selecting cabin w/CO.

So, do you just stand firm when calling HAL? Is there a special # to call that is answered by people who understand the process? If going through TA, can they complete it in 1 call or do I (or them) follow up w/HAL after booking the Gty?

Thanks for your help 🤔

I book with a HAL PCC and I tell him which stateroom I want and that I want Club Orange added to the booking.  He calls someone at HAL who confirms the CO addition.  He books my Koningsdam VB stateroom at the VH (obstructed veranda) rate.   I pay the deposit + Club Orange fee at time of booking.  He’s really efficient and has booked three different cruises for me since Covid startup.  One cruise was 18 days and the CO charge pp per day was only $15, instead of $25.  Your PCC should understand the process, a TA may not.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, oaktreerb said:

I book with a HAL PCC and I tell him which stateroom I want and that I want Club Orange added to the booking.  He calls someone at HAL who confirms the CO addition.  He books my Koningsdam VB stateroom at the VH (obstructed veranda) rate.   I pay the deposit + Club Orange fee at time of booking.  He’s really efficient and has booked three different cruises for me since Covid startup.  One cruise was 18 days and the CO charge pp per day was only $15, instead of $25.  Your PCC should understand the process, a TA may not.

My TA totally understands the process. 😉   And there is a Club Orange number to call for those that like to do things themselves 😘   I found them most co-operative and I book with a TA.  I just don’t like her caught in a lot of work.  I made enough for her when I lost DD DH.

• Like 1