Luminae menu options on S Class?

DisneyJen

Greetings all!

Our previous Retreat sailings have been on the the M Class where we could order from the MDR and Blu menus in addition to the Luminae menu.

We will be sailing on an S Class and wondering if the same options will be available?

TIA!

1 hour ago, DisneyJen said:

Does anyone know if you can order from Blu?

On the Solstice in March, we had no issue ordering from MDR, but the night my husband tried to order from Blu our server brought the Maitre d’ over. It was a night when almost every entree was fish which husband does not eat. So Maitre d’ agreed to allow as an exception - I had the feeling it wouldn’t be allowed regularly.

• Like 1

We recently sailed on Millennium and the Luminae Maitre'd informed me they did not allow ordering off the Blu menu but would be willing to do a special order if there was something specific.  He explained that allowing the suite guest to order could cause a disruption to those dining in Blu because the staff would have to deal with the additional orders. 

Ordering off the MDR menu was not a problem at all. 

Last year on the Reflection we could order from the MDR, but not from Blu. We were told if we wanted the Blu menu, we could go to the Blu dining room that night. I will add, if nothing on the Luminae menu is to your liking they chef will make almost anything if they have the ingredients. 

I wish Luminae would change their menus fleetwide, after 4 years of the same, they are getting very boring. The Daniel Boulud menu needs a change as well.

Edited by terrydtx
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, terrydtx said:

Last year on the Reflection we could order from the MDR, but not from Blu. We were told if we wanted the Blu menu, we could go to the Blu dining room that night.

I was going to say that restricted ordering from Blu must be new, but we had no problem doing so on Reflection in February.  I believe I never did order from Blu, but I had no problem getting a menu when I asked.

Thanks everyone!

Last June we could order from Blu in Luminae.

Looking at the Celebrity App there is nothing on the menu for dinner the second night that appeals to either of us. I'm sure we won't starve🤣

I believe that as Luminae shares the same kitchens with the MDR ordering from that menu is not a problem. Blu does not , so I guess its down to how nicely you ask ..

The menu could certainly do with a change and that also applies to the speciality restaurants.

I have no idea who Daniel Boulud is , but his offering in Luminae could do with a long overdue change.. Perhaps that's the only dish he has.  If you get a spot of his Tagine sauce on your shirt, even the Celebrity laundry cannot shift it.

2 hours ago, hampshirelad said:

I believe that as Luminae shares the same kitchens with the MDR ordering from that menu is not a problem. Blu does not , so I guess its down to how nicely you ask ..

The menu could certainly do with a change and that also applies to the speciality restaurants.

I have no idea who Daniel Boulud is , but his offering in Luminae could do with a long overdue change.. Perhaps that's the only dish he has.  If you get a spot of his Tagine sauce on your shirt, even the Celebrity laundry cannot shift it.

Boulder is some well known chef and restaurant owner that Celebrity pays a royalty to for using his name. The never good Moroccan chicken is supposed to be one of his Signature dishes,, but the chefs on Celebrity butcher it in ever Luminae I have tried.

On 5/11/2023 at 10:16 AM, terrydtx said:

I wish Luminae would change their menus fleetwide, after 4 years of the same, they are getting very boring. The Daniel Boulud menu needs a change as well.

I agree.  It would be nice to see some changes and I think they are starting.  @Jim_Iain was reporting different menu items on his Apex sailing than I was seeing on Millennium..  

On 5/12/2023 at 6:21 AM, terrydtx said:

Boulder is some well known chef and restaurant owner that Celebrity pays a royalty to for using his name. The never good Moroccan chicken is supposed to be one of his Signature dishes,, but the chefs on Celebrity butcher it in ever Luminae I have tried.

I have read that the Moroccan chicken is prepared ahead of time, frozen, thawed, and re-heated for onboard.  Not sure how true this is and cannot remember where I read it but it does make sense.   His dessert, the raspberry pistachio vacherin, is delicious though. 

1 minute ago, DaKahuna said:

I agree.  It would be nice to see some changes and I think they are starting.  @Jim_Iain was reporting different menu items on his Apex sailing than I was seeing on Millennium..  

I have read that the Moroccan chicken is prepared ahead of time, frozen, thawed, and re-heated for onboard.  Not sure how true this is and cannot remember where I read it but it does make sense.   His dessert, the raspberry pistachio vacherin, is delicious though. 

I got an email from Celebrity yesterday about reserving the Chef's Table with Daniel Boulud for our September Apex cruise for $139pp. after my experience with his dish in Luminae, no way I fall for this offer. I heard the same about how the Moroccan chicken is prepared and had it confirmed by a Luminae manager.

On 5/11/2023 at 4:50 PM, DisneyJen said:

Thanks everyone!

Last June we could order from Blu in Luminae.

Looking at the Celebrity App there is nothing on the menu for dinner the second night that appeals to either of us. I'm sure we won't starve🤣

Talk to the staff at Luminae on the first night and tell them your predicament with the menu for the second night.  They usually can come up with anything with advance notice.  Or course the menus could change between now and then, too.