The Fleet Report and Daily for Thursday May 11th, 2023

1 hour ago, Vict0riann said:

Thank you , Jacqui.  If you have a “Find My” app on your iphone or iPad, you should be able to get it to notify you when/ if you are in its vicinity.  I have it in  lost mode, so anyone can contact it.  Haha.   This is one lucky AirTag!  

I have the app, never fear, it’s helped me to retrieve luggage two times too many 😉 

• Like 9

29 minutes ago, kazu said:

I honestly don’t think there is a way unless you do it each time.

Since we lost DD Host Walt I don’t think this board had a dedicated moderator.  Host Jazzbeau has helped out a few times though 👍 

Ironically Host Jazzbeau is our host on Azamara and is quite active and vocal. I enjoy his postings.

• Like 7

Make a Book Day? Like "become a bookmaker?"

I would avoid the soup, but dinner tonight is naan pizza because it seemed to be the best thing to do with garlic naan. I might like the drink but I still think it's a waste of good Bourbon. The wine would be OK if it were available here, which is unlikely. I haven't been to Santarem.

My main accomplishments today have been getting a haircut for myself, and giving the lawn one before I get a nastygram from Code Enforcement. For a while there was a person on this block who called Code Enforcement every day about something, and when she got no satisfaction from them, often called the police, who took even less interest. I think she really wanted there to be an HOA with herself in charge of it. I also shopped at Wegmans and found the cardboardeaux that I bought last week and put in a safe place, the location of which I immediately forgot.

truffle.thumb.jpg.5c1b284bd20b6ddf9728646b2becf73f.jpg

• Like 6
  • Haha 9

Well, guess what?  I got 5 pages finished today on my Amazon photo book.  It's slowww work.  Back at it tomorrow.

9 hours ago, Vict0riann said:

Good morning, Dailyites.  Thanks for all the interesting information.  We did visit Santarem on our part of the Grand South America cruise on Prinsendam with Roy.  The whole cruise was fascinating, but I am not inspired to do it again.  It was very hot, and I decided I am just not that enthralled with the developing world.  I much prefer Europe.

Pat is coming along very well in hospital, I think he can come off the lists, he will be home any time now!  I imagine he will be monitored closely for some time by the Cancer Clinic.  I took him in some clothes yesterday, we'll see how things are going when I go in soon.  I have been taking in goodies for the nurses and aides every day.  Yesterday after our visit DD and I went out to Costco and I got a container of "lemon bites" which look very interesting, so I'll take them in today,.

I can confirm that Rotterdam is in Riga today - my cruising AirTag is there, too!

Ann, I'm leaning your direction with developing world countries vs. Europe.  I have just about decided to forget the rest of Africa, too.  I think I've seen enough of it.  I was surprised today when I looked at the video of the World Cruise crew show that Pete @The-Inside-Cabin posted.  The cruise director was pointing out the ports of call on the screen and the audience failed to applaud most of the African ports (except Cape Town).  Apparently they weren't much fun!😳

I'm happy to hear Pat is doing well now.  I hope that continues and he's home shortly.

9 hours ago, 1ANGELCAT said:

Good sunny morning, well 3rd time was the charm. Just heard from the vet and TT is out of surgery and everything went well. We pick him up this afternoon. 
  2nd piece of good news is that I heard from Hershey Neurologist yesterday and Botox was approved by the insurance company. The appointment is scheduled for May 22nd.🎉

Blessings and prayers to all on our lists.

Happy to hear the news is good on TT's surgery.  More good news on the approval by the insurance company for your Botox treatment.

9 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Sandi @StLouisCruisers both yours and Lendas photos are immensely helpful to me.

Some of the ports make me feel we want to go but some like the Amazon which is probably 15 hours flight away is not for us and I really appreciate seeing both yours and Lendas photos which are interesting but confirm we would not want to go.

Personally I would jump on Rich's ship and do the world cruise if Pauline was fully retired.

I think you made the right decision about the Amazon.  I can't picture you two enjoying the ports there.  Great to hear the pictures and descriptions helped you out.

7 hours ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Surprise! Besides not having rain, we are actually having some sun breaks.☀️  After realizing what that strange light was, I'm enjoying have a brighter day.

Sandi, our DD works for Arm Holdings which designs chips which they license to companies who manufacture the chips to put in their equipment.  The company was founded and is still headquartered in Cambridge, England.

Either your suggestion to type the post, then resize it, or follow Jacqui's @kazu and Roy's @rafinmd suggestion of starting in the larger size and adding the blue bubbles after typing a few words have a drawback.  That is to remember to add the blue bubbles or to resize the entire post.  I have a feeling some posts will be in default size, some in the larger size and some in both.  🤣

We enjoyed our Amazon cruise even with the heat.  I would like to go back before the rainy season is in full swing and see what the river is like before it overflows it's banks.

Carolyn, I'm glad you were still able to cook dinner last night.  That may be more flexible than I am, but it will be something you'll always remember.

Jacqui, I might try your method some time.  I would still have to remember to go back and add the blue bubbles.

Ann, I'm glad is coming along very well.  

That is good news on two fronts.  I'm glad TT is doing well after his surgery.  It's taken awhile, but at last you have the insurance approval for the Botox.

Lenda

Your daughter's employer is definitely not the one I was referring to.  That would have been too big of a coincidence and would have blown my mind!  Lol

I have to agree if we're adjusting font size each post we will end up with a mix of them all!

5 hours ago, lazey1 said:

Just checking in to let everyone know that I am home safe, sound and exhausted. The first 4 day cruise it was very cold, windy and rainy every day. The 2nd 4 day cruise the weather turned around and was nice, sunny and warmer. I haven't read the posts today or for the last week so I have a lot of catching up to do.

Prayers for those who need them and cheers to the rest of you dailyites.

Jane

Sorry to hear your first week was miserable weather, but thankfully the second week was nice.  You deserved it.  Get some rest!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

I just lost my post (thanks to my phone) so I’ll just post some photos of what we saw today. Having a great time!

IMG_0505.thumb.jpeg.e4c0ca63ad2da018042d84eb4638cbdc.jpeg

IMG_0510.thumb.jpeg.7ce8ea153006725f0dce83336dbaf6e4.jpeg

Spring brings babies, and baby bison aka “red dogs”

IMG_0516.thumb.jpeg.ad96a53f03ba6c0f836d2261406b8920.jpeg

Mud Volcano

IMG_0519.thumb.jpeg.fbac03dbcf29812caad5d03572315bbd.jpeg

Dragons Mouth

Edited by Cruising-along
  • Like 15
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for all the news and photos today..

A great quote, another NZ wine we had not heard of.

Re Eating: We mostly follow the advice we were  given from the dietitian after DH had a heart attack, he  required  open heart surgery.....5 grafts, 21 years ago.

There must have been a strong wind during the night, a large branch from a tree two houses away   has fallen into the garden next door.   When I went for my walk this morning a tree  branch at a house along the street was hanging onto the pavement.

Edited by erewhon
  • Like 11

2 hours ago, erewhon said:

Thanks for all the news and photos today..

A great quote, another NZ wine we had not heard of.

Re Eating: We mostly follow the advice we were  given from the dietitian after DH had a heart attack, he  required  open heart surgery.....5 grafts, 21 years ago.

There must have been a strong wind during the night, a large branch from a tree two houses away   has fallen into the garden next door.   When I went for my walk this morning a tree  branch at a house along the street was hanging onto the pavement.

Happy to hear you both were unscathed from strong storms.  Kia Ora!

• Like 6

7 hours ago, Cruising-along said:

I just lost my post (thanks to my phone) so I’ll just post some photos of what we saw today. Having a great time!

IMG_0505.thumb.jpeg.e4c0ca63ad2da018042d84eb4638cbdc.jpeg

IMG_0510.thumb.jpeg.7ce8ea153006725f0dce83336dbaf6e4.jpeg

Spring brings babies, and baby bison aka “red dogs”

IMG_0516.thumb.jpeg.ad96a53f03ba6c0f836d2261406b8920.jpeg

Mud Volcano

IMG_0519.thumb.jpeg.fbac03dbcf29812caad5d03572315bbd.jpeg

Dragons Mouth

What great photos!  We love it.  Please continue to post of your exciting Yellowstone trip.  Hope all is well with you and the family.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1