The Fleet Report and Daily for Thursday May 11th, 2023

Today is Eat What You Want Day, National Technology Day and Make a Book Day

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies, said Jojen. The man who never reads lives only one.--George R.R. Martin, A Dance with Dragons

Meal Suggestion for today - Creamy Parm Tomato Soup
Drink of the Day - Kentucky Bubbly
Wine of the Day - Man O' War Waiheke Island Ironclad 2019
Destination of the Day - Santarem, Brazil Amazon

Today in History:
1981 Andrew Lloyd Webber's musical "Cats" (based on poetry by T. S. Eliot) directed by Trevor Nunn first premieres in the West End, London

Ship Locations

Eurodam

Ketchikan, Alaska 07:00 - 13:00

Koningsdam

Ketchikan, Alaska 11:00 - 19:00

Nieuw Amsterdam

Anchorage, Alaska 11:00 - 20:00

Nieuw Statendam

At Sea Destination LeHavre, France eta 5-12

Noordam

Tracy Arm/Endicott Arm, Alaska 08:00 - 16:00

Oosterdam

At Sea Destination Malaga, Spain eta 5-12 

Rotterdam

Riga, Latvia 07:00 - 15:00

Volendam

At Sea Destination Tracy Arm/Endicott Arm, Alaska eta 5-12

Westerdam

Sitka, Alaska 08:00 - 16:00

Zaandam

At Sea Destination Quebec City, Quebec eta 5-12 

Zuiderdam

At Sea Destination Port Everglades eta 5-12

image.thumb.png.09a3cd82c109724b78f7de3ca9305250.png

image.thumb.png.63aedbf14bd29019cdcc124173e8c78c.png

Sandi for Rich

• Like 21
  • Thanks 15

Good early Morning everyone!  Thanks for all the info. I usually eat what i want. Funny thing about technology, sometomes you are the master and sometimes you are the slave of technology.

• Like 24

It’s eat what you want day! This could be a very dangerous day for me because if I eaten what I want then a quick trip to the ER may be in the forecast! Then I could celebrate Tech Day with all the new technology in the ER while reading a book. I think I covered all celebrations today.

• Like 10
  • Haha 10

Thank you Sandi and Rich for today's daily reports.

Currently it is 56°F and sunny.

I tend to eat what I want every day.

I rarely use my laptop but get all the technology I need on my phone.

Interesting quote.

I prefer tomato soup as it is.

Thanks in advance to our food and beverage ladies for the explanation of today's offerings.

We have never been to the Amazon so photo's will be interesting.

Good wishes for improved health to all who are unwell.

I hope everyone has a safe and nice day.

• Like 20

Good morning friends!  It is 66F here with a high of 82 today, cloudy skies followed by clearing later on.  Thanks to Rich @richwmn for preparing the Daily and Fleet Report for me to pass on to you.  I have to make minor edits due to last minute changes in itinerary (like Nieuw Statendam this week), but the huge majority is known in advance.  It's been an honor to help keep the Daily going, but I know we will all be glad to have Rich home again.  Just hope he is ready to get off the ship and doesn't plan on being a stowaway to continue on!  

Our days of celebration today are Eat What You Want Day, National Technology Day, and Make a Book Day.  I tend to eat what I want and that has worked pretty well for me.  Just keep a balance and eat small portions is a good idea.  Technology has been swift over the past 100 years.  Imagine all the changes in this world in that time period.  I feel my DS has made a difference in the technology field with the research he and his graduate students have done in computer chips.  It prompted him to co-found two chip companies because of advancements they came up with.  As for Make a Book Day - well if my internet (technology) continues to function maybe I can work on the book I'm making of my Amazon cruise.  Which ties into our port of the day, Santarem Brazil.  More on that later!

The quote is a good one today.  I would like to try the recipe today as a good tomato soup is comforting.  Our drink is called Kentucky Bubbly.  Hmmm.  Should be interesting.  The wine has an odd name but sounds like a New Zealand one to me.  And finally the day in history is relatively recent with the introduction of Cats on Broadway.  A very enjoyable musical for those who have seen it.  I have not.  Let me say thanks to Debbie @dfish, Dixie @summer slope and Ann @cat shepard for their reporting today from the Food and Beverage Department.  Great job ladies!

Then we also want to thank Eva @superoma for filling in for Vanessa @JazzyV with our Care and Celebration reports.  Prayers for all on the Care list that their pains are lessening and they are healing quickly from their surgeries.  🙏  Let the celebrating begin for those with happy events and cruises to enjoy.  Have a great time!🥂

Now back to Santarem, Brazil.  We have had that port twice, on Aug. 22, 2021 and Dec. 19, 2022.  Dixie @summer slope and I had just returned from our Amazon Adventure on Dec. 17.  (And I haven't even gotten that far in the photo book yet!)  I will post the links to those dates below for your convenience in posting photos.  I'll add mine from the Dec. 19 date.

I found the photos we took on November 28 in Santarem Brazil.  Since we had no intention of heading out into the wilderness we stayed in town.  The population of this city was over 300,000!

We got on a Volendam tender to go to shore.  But there were large local boats taking on passengers from a large barge they tied up to a different tender platform.  The boats were tall and must have been difficult for people to board without the barge.  I assumed these boats were there for shore excursion people.  We would see how this would cause problems later disembarking the people at the pier.

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKnUVWfwGiTRQUeWLjf-yNzV7ntXQOewWgszVPDOQPWWw?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1671459392

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIYNT18K3EkiYVArldTchIYaAUrgnwgvQnZ_1RWb7NZPA?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1671459406

The bus driver waiting for us once on shore.  No AC by the way.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLnlpKZazacyGHwR2iKXXdJ5cYdfB3jRoL_VZILaXEufg?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1671459415

Typical view from bus on the way to the Fishermen's Square drop off point.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVI2Uj4utHjVlZ1ta_gQHnl0aAUrgnwgvQnZ_1RWb7NZPA?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1671459421

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVL0GfaGQcyZkFmd86bHHVXSV7ntXQOewWgszVPDOQPWWw?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1671459423

This was where everyone was dropped off and picked up again.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIjzuljUxeonvNpsN4dHBzNKwg5ydwHipy3aIZBf9dNYQ?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1671459427

We walked across the street where there was supposedly a tourist information center, but it really was a shopping spot, and a place where locals hawked their tour/taxi service.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLVS5beit9NnqSMkx3OL6NI5cYdfB3jRoL_VZILaXEufg?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1671459436

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIds3eKGt61mEV2Ddg-v59aKwg5ydwHipy3aIZBf9dNYQ?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1671459435

On that side of the street was a wide, sunny (HOT) esplanade along the water.  We took that route and saw lots of boats pulled up to shore.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJgne-J5TjhcRXA0buHmaff4xJ2Twu75QF_jizMkB1ZdA?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1671459469

A street scene across the street from the esplanade.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJSrg-IoeB3Xpm_nmquFvJ-Kwg5ydwHipy3aIZBf9dNYQ?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1671459451

And the "ugly wiring" look.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVL2u5SQRv_CShcwJ39Az_tl4xJ2Twu75QF_jizMkB1ZdA?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1671459460

Our target was the pretty turquoise cathedral we had spotted on the way downtown.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIyj3SUGCQLTfBnQt9F1oZC4xJ2Twu75QF_jizMkB1ZdA?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1671461451

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJwvsJGFg8MMSb5WxgwnNjSV7ntXQOewWgszVPDOQPWWw?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1671459483

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKFgvK71w4hZQ8VBEzLBbKa4xJ2Twu75QF_jizMkB1ZdA?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1671461464

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJAwvI2E2pQWvYZKWt-HsWjqCe7ffHDJpwno-pEcjtJnw?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1671461470

Across from the church was a place where vendors set up tents.  These soccer jerseys were probably big sellers.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJWeI5u0UXyrgEfmlmDPa125cYdfB3jRoL_VZILaXEufg?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1671461482

From there we walked back to Fishermen's Square using this pedestrian shopping street.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJa2A1RUTqm_-GNrCG48QvjldMTLfbtJ__wYVBQ_4iTow?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1671459517

Once at the Square we took the very warm bus back to the pier.  We waited in a few square feet of shade for the tender, but first one of those large boats arrived with Volendam passengers onboard.  However they couldn't figure out how to get them off due to height differences in the pier and boat decks.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKm-zXiY1Enrnn4reT17BKr4xJ2Twu75QF_jizMkB1ZdA?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1671461489

They lowered this "gangway" from the bow but I wasn't sure how this would work with some of the unsteady walkers on the boat.  00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVI3mrW5lD9WYkva1U3I0p68UnDnu4gHHWpfyYq5WwzmNg?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1671461494

I never did find out how it was done because our ship's tender arrived to ferry us back.  00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLv8VKI1ZiKqEZyiTRkGHjFaAUrgnwgvQnZ_1RWb7NZPA?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1671461495

That was our day in Santarem.  Just another view from the Amazon.

This afternoon DS, Ren and DDIL will be flying to Maryland for a huge soccer tournament being held in Boyds, Maryland this weekend.  The Jaguars will be playing Friday, Saturday and Monday.  I wish them the best of luck and hope the boys are all in good shape.  I've been told that Ren and Colton were targets last weekend in the game against the Wolves and the refs ignored 2 out of 3 incidents which is distressing.  Should have had some yellow flags given out!  It's hard to play well when you are trying to avoid being injured by improper play.  I doubt if this weekend is different but I hope the refs will be fair and watchful.  That's my rant for the day!

Hope you all have a safe, pleasant and happy Thursday!  

P.S.  I read a thread where people complained they couldn't read the small print so thought I would experiment with a larger font today.  What do you think?  The text in my photo copy and paste is the default font size.  Do you find the default size font too small to read?  With my glasses on I don't have a problem, but then I'm unable to read anything without glasses.  Just wanted your thoughts on the matter.

• Like 25
  • Thanks 8

4 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Good morning friends!  It is 66F here with a high of 82 today, cloudy skies followed by clearing later on.  Thanks to Rich @richwmn for preparing the Daily and Fleet Report for me to pass on to you.  I have to make minor edits due to last minute changes in itinerary (like Nieuw Statendam this week), but the huge majority is known in advance.  It's been an honor to help keep the Daily going, but I know we will all be glad to have Rich home again.  Just hope he is ready to get off the ship and doesn't plan on being a stowaway to continue on!  

Our days of celebration today are Eat What You Want Day, National Technology Day, and Make a Book Day.  I tend to eat what I want and that has worked pretty well for me.  Just keep a balance and eat small portions is a good idea.  Technology has been swift over the past 100 years.  Imagine all the changes in this world in that time period.  I feel my DS has made a difference in the technology field with the research he and his graduate students have done in computer chips.  It prompted him to co-found two chip companies because of advancements they came up with.  As for Make a Book Day - well if my internet (technology) continues to function maybe I can work on the book I'm making of my Amazon cruise.  Which ties into our port of the day, Santarem Brazil.  More on that later!

The quote is a good one today.  I would like to try the recipe today as a good tomato soup is comforting.  Our drink is called Kentucky Bubbly.  Hmmm.  Should be interesting.  The wine has an odd name but sounds like a New Zealand one to me.  And finally the day in history is relatively recent with the introduction of Cats on Broadway.  A very enjoyable musical for those who have seen it.  I have not.  Let me say thanks to Debbie @dfish, Dixie @summer slope and Ann @cat shepard for their reporting today from the Food and Beverage Department.  Great job ladies!

Then we also want to thank Eva @superoma for filling in for Vanessa @JazzyV with our Care and Celebration reports.  Prayers for all on the Care list that their pains are lessening and they are healing quickly from their surgeries.  🙏  Let the celebrating begin for those with happy events and cruises to enjoy.  Have a great time!🥂

Now back to Santarem, Brazil.  We have had that port twice, on Aug. 22, 2021 and Dec. 19, 2022.  Dixie @summer slope and I had just returned from our Amazon Adventure on Dec. 17.  (And I haven't even gotten that far in the photo book yet!)  I will post the links to those dates below for your convenience in posting photos.  I'll add mine from the Dec. 19 date.

I found the photos we took on November 28 in Santarem Brazil.  Since we had no intention of heading out into the wilderness we stayed in town.  The population of this city was over 300,000!

We got on a Volendam tender to go to shore.  But there were large local boats taking on passengers from a large barge they tied up to a different tender platform.  The boats were tall and must have been difficult for people to board without the barge.  I assumed these boats were there for shore excursion people.  We would see how this would cause problems later disembarking the people at the pier.

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKnUVWfwGiTRQUeWLjf-yNzV7ntXQOewWgszVPDOQPWWw?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1671459392

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIYNT18K3EkiYVArldTchIYaAUrgnwgvQnZ_1RWb7NZPA?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1671459406

The bus driver waiting for us once on shore.  No AC by the way.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLnlpKZazacyGHwR2iKXXdJ5cYdfB3jRoL_VZILaXEufg?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1671459415

Typical view from bus on the way to the Fishermen's Square drop off point.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVI2Uj4utHjVlZ1ta_gQHnl0aAUrgnwgvQnZ_1RWb7NZPA?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1671459421

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVL0GfaGQcyZkFmd86bHHVXSV7ntXQOewWgszVPDOQPWWw?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1671459423

This was where everyone was dropped off and picked up again.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIjzuljUxeonvNpsN4dHBzNKwg5ydwHipy3aIZBf9dNYQ?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1671459427

We walked across the street where there was supposedly a tourist information center, but it really was a shopping spot, and a place where locals hawked their tour/taxi service.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLVS5beit9NnqSMkx3OL6NI5cYdfB3jRoL_VZILaXEufg?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1671459436

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIds3eKGt61mEV2Ddg-v59aKwg5ydwHipy3aIZBf9dNYQ?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1671459435

On that side of the street was a wide, sunny (HOT) esplanade along the water.  We took that route and saw lots of boats pulled up to shore.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJgne-J5TjhcRXA0buHmaff4xJ2Twu75QF_jizMkB1ZdA?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1671459469

A street scene across the street from the esplanade.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJSrg-IoeB3Xpm_nmquFvJ-Kwg5ydwHipy3aIZBf9dNYQ?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1671459451

And the "ugly wiring" look.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVL2u5SQRv_CShcwJ39Az_tl4xJ2Twu75QF_jizMkB1ZdA?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1671459460

Our target was the pretty turquoise cathedral we had spotted on the way downtown.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIyj3SUGCQLTfBnQt9F1oZC4xJ2Twu75QF_jizMkB1ZdA?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1671461451

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJwvsJGFg8MMSb5WxgwnNjSV7ntXQOewWgszVPDOQPWWw?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1671459483

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKFgvK71w4hZQ8VBEzLBbKa4xJ2Twu75QF_jizMkB1ZdA?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1671461464

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJAwvI2E2pQWvYZKWt-HsWjqCe7ffHDJpwno-pEcjtJnw?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1671461470

Across from the church was a place where vendors set up tents.  These soccer jerseys were probably big sellers.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJWeI5u0UXyrgEfmlmDPa125cYdfB3jRoL_VZILaXEufg?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1671461482

From there we walked back to Fishermen's Square using this pedestrian shopping street.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJa2A1RUTqm_-GNrCG48QvjldMTLfbtJ__wYVBQ_4iTow?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1671459517

Once at the Square we took the very warm bus back to the pier.  We waited in a few square feet of shade for the tender, but first one of those large boats arrived with Volendam passengers onboard.  However they couldn't figure out how to get them off due to height differences in the pier and boat decks.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKm-zXiY1Enrnn4reT17BKr4xJ2Twu75QF_jizMkB1ZdA?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1671461489

They lowered this "gangway" from the bow but I wasn't sure how this would work with some of the unsteady walkers on the boat.  00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVI3mrW5lD9WYkva1U3I0p68UnDnu4gHHWpfyYq5WwzmNg?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1671461494

I never did find out how it was done because our ship's tender arrived to ferry us back.  00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLv8VKI1ZiKqEZyiTRkGHjFaAUrgnwgvQnZ_1RWb7NZPA?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1671461495

That was our day in Santarem.  Just another view from the Amazon.

This afternoon DS, Ren and DDIL will be flying to Maryland for a huge soccer tournament being held in Boyds, Maryland this weekend.  The Jaguars will be playing Friday, Saturday and Monday.  I wish them the best of luck and hope the boys are all in good shape.  I've been told that Ren and Colton were targets last weekend in the game against the Wolves and the refs ignored 2 out of 3 incidents which is distressing.  Should have had some yellow flags given out!  It's hard to play well when you are trying to avoid being injured by improper play.  I doubt if this weekend is different but I hope the refs will be fair and watchful.  That's my rant for the day!

Hope you all have a safe, pleasant and happy Thursday!  

P.S.  I read a thread where people complained they couldn't read the small print so thought I would experiment with a larger font today.  What do you think?  The text in my photo copy and paste is the default font size.  Do you find the default size font too small to read?  With my glasses on I don't have a problem, but then I'm unable to read anything without glasses.  Just wanted your thoughts on the matter.

Thank you for your excellent photos Sandi.

You have done a fantastic job hosting the Daily.

I need my reading glasses but have no problems with reading the text on here.

It is actually a compliment to Ren and Colton that the opposition have done their homework and recognised them as the best players who need extra attention to give themselves a better chance of winning.

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

@StLouisCruisers, Sandi, I like the font size you have today!  Very easy on the eyes (and the Glasses).

Thanks for the Daily and Fleet Report .

Prayers to all in need, and Cheers for those with good news.

Have  a  lovely Thursday, everyone!

Edited by ocean sounds
Bad typing
  • Like 18
  • Thanks 2

Good morning everyone and thank-you @StLouisCruisers for the awesome job you have done delivering the daily report these past few months.  And there you have it, eat what you want today!  Technology comes and goes so quickly that our landfills are full of it.  Remember palm pilots and blackberries? Not sure I’ll be making a book today.  I like the quote.  The soup sounds tasty, maybe served with a grilled cheese sandwich?  I’ll pass on the drink.  Haven’t been to today’s port but I’m enjoying the photos.  Prayers for everyone on our prayer list and for those who need them.  Cheers to all of you celebrating happy events today. 🍻

• Like 20
  • Thanks 1

Good morning! Already 75 degrees and it will rise to upper 80’s. Humidity is on the rise which increases chances of afternoon thunderstorms.

Girls are high maintenance this morning so maybe later.

Thanks to all and have a great day.

image.jpeg.4233664d41bb41152e7859fd90b22a63.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.db134eed5d2fe46b6b8142aa3569b216.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.476f355f65b0d05f7d98a8bd883cf02a.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.d54adafe35edb7091eb25375a83f7266.jpeg

• Like 12
  • Haha 22

Good morning.  Thanks for the Daily and Fleet Report.

A nice day in the forecast for us today, we should get up to a sunny 23°C (73°F).🙂  Bertie misses his walks but we think he is healing.  The vet office called to check on him and will call again tomorrow, they are happy with his progress. 

A nice collection of days.  I'm very lucky and have the ability to eat what I want most days.  Technology can be a wonderful thing.  I've never made a book, but I'm working on it.

I like the quote.

The meal sounds good, looking forward to seeing the recipe.  The drink sounds good too, I hope the wine is tasty.

Thanks for the pictures of today's port.

@StLouisCruisers  The new font is great.  Congrats to Ren and Colton for being such good players, hope the refs start watching more carefully.

Prayers for everyone.

Have a wonderful day.

• Like 23
  • Thanks 1

Good morning, everyone. It should get up to almost 80 today. Going into the office today to see clients. 

Thank you for the Daily and Fleet report.

I tend to eat what I want every day. I cannot for the life of me follow an eating plan. I get bored easily. 

Technology and I have a love-hate relationship. I get frustrated with my laptop as it is not fast enough for me. You should see me arguing with my GPS. Then, Alexis on my television does whatever she wants. 

Thinking of everyone today. 

Have a safe and healthy day.

• Like 21

Thursday May 11 care and celebration list

Crabby Patti caring for DF  who is no longer ambulatory

Jazzyv with knee and back pain but doing things

Cunnorl recovering from surgery 

Cruzn single recuperating but uncomfortable

Vict0rian’s DH Pat recuperating 

Tupper10 with post op pain but doing ok

Alberta wildfires, 30,000 + evacuated

Prayers for the family of the Japanese harbour pilot who fell to his death from the rope ladder as he boarded 

Too many shooting victims every day

Citizens of Ukraine and the Sudan 

From the rotation:

Grapau27 needing hip surgery for arthritis

Luvteaching’s DH in rehab

Atexsix DF working on getting mobile

Celebrations

National nursing week May 8 to 14 in Canada

National teacher appreciation week 

Tana responding to medication and walking with walker

Cruzn single stepson with successful non cancerous tumour removal

NextOne not needing any procedures, July cruise is on!

Luvteaching DH making progress on mobility

Surgery date for smitty34877 DH

Father David on a pilgrimage for 3 weeks (May 21)

Bennybear feeling better

Mamaofami’s dh pneumonia free

Mamaofami with good oncology report

Rafinmd fleshing out September and November cruises

RMLincoln good eye report  surgery date for other eye

vict0rian’s DH Pat itching to go home

Safe journey and a good time in Yellowstone for cruising-along

Kochleffel accepting new kitties, coming home in a couple of weeks

Many Dailyites cruising or with upcoming

4 days SusieKIslandGirl (Nieuw Statendam 5/14 to5/28)

Cruising

Bon voyage to Sharon in AZ on the last leg of her cruise 

Cat in My Lap, Gail&Marty, Richwmn and HorizonChaser1957 (Zuiderdam to 5/12), 

Sharon in AZ (Volendam to 5/17) at sea

Marshhawk (Nieuw Amsterdam to 5/21)

Jazzyv cruise Germany vacation to 5/28

Cruising sister (Nieuw Statendam to 5/28)

• Like 18
  • Thanks 13

Good morning to all.  

Thank you to Sandi @StLouisCruisers  for the Daily and Fleet Report.  

Nice collection of days.  Eat what you want.  Well, I don’t eat what I don’t want.  Those days are long over.  Since I am in charge of the kitchen and cooking in this house, everyone who lives here (DH and I) and those who pass through will eat what I want.

Make a book—not today.  Have made a few books of photos of the places where we have traveled.

And where would we all be without the technology.   Certainly we would not be communicating with each other on this forum.

Thank you to Debbie @dfish for the recipe.  i am sure it will be good.  However I will pass.  My tummy will not tolerate that amount of tomatoes any more.

The wine and drink sound good.

i have not been to the port.  Thank you to Sandi for the photos.

Today we will continue working on finding a place for everything. Just too much stuff.  Trying to get stuff done before Monday since after DH’s MOHS surgery he will not be able to do much for 10 days.  Surgery is on his head.

Happy that our house is power washed and our patio is nice and clean.  We enjoyed having our cocktail out there last evening before dinner.

Hope everyone has a great day 

Prayers for everyone, especially those on the Cares List.  Cheers to those celebrating and cruising.,

Stay safe everyone and God Bless,

Terri

• Like 27

Thanks for our Thursday Daily, Sandi.

Great collection of days!  I think @StLouisCruisers has been celebrating Make a Book day with her photo books she is creating.  Technology is a joy and a curse at times LOL.  Tomato soup sounds soothing - look forward to Debbie’s ideas. Today’s quote is very true - but then again, I often agree with George R.R. Martin 😉 

@StLouisCruisersyour font is great IMO.  I try to remember to use a 20 on the Daily and important posts on my roll calls.  Too often I forget or  get lazy and just type on other posts.  Good luck to Ren and his team.  I hope the ref’s are observant and fair 🤞 and THANK YOU for your work on the Daily in Rich’s absence.  You have done such a fabulous job and remained dedicated to your task.  Thank you so much.  

2CAF3C55-7F1D-43E0-B208-AB777C05AF54.thumb.jpeg.27ba86f7a1a5b3d81ca484e1d6e05639.jpeg

Today I’m going to try to tackle some jobs I’ve procrastinated on.  They always seem larger the more you procrastinate so I better bite the bullet and see if I can get them over with.

And I’ll be busy training Ivan. The white flags went up last night and my trainer was here.  But this morning, he’s being nervous about the back yard - even on leash.    I don’t remember this with my other dogs, but my memory may be short 😉 So, a bit of treats to get him to come on it and I’ll let him think a bit.  He’ll be going in the car for the next 10 days to take him off the driveway so he can have his walks.  (Avoids a mixed message until he “has” it) Then, he should be good.

6240CBAC-2290-44EF-AC0C-07BF2874454C.jpeg.324f16c662836e7c189056fa9daed749.jpeg

For now, I have to hope he will go out in the back yard.  I think a game of fetch in a bit is in order as long as I am careful where the ball goes.  LOL.

Thanks to @difish, @summer slope, @cat shepard, @superoma for all of your contributions.  We really appreciate them.

Prayers for everyone on the Care list & for those that need them and cheers 🥂 to those celebrating.

C27A0774-A89F-466E-8318-4273F6239240.jpeg.754b7fb09adce65eed43b2013f086c40.jpeg

Have a good Thursday everyone !!!!

• Like 29
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3

Thank you Sandi & Rich for today’s R&D! Sandi, I can not thank you enough for taking such great care of this thread! You didn’t just go through the motions, you added and corrected as needed. And you never missed a beat with your superb photo stories of the Daily port. And I need glasses to read, so any font works for me. Thank you for asking. But I will try to watch responses. Maybe I need to enlarge mine.🤔

Rich, I hope the last few days of this epic adventure go smoothly. You really made sure that Sandi had a great foundation & even took the time to add “This day in history”, while on your trip. 

Eva, thank you for sharing our cares & celebrations!

It is currently sunny and warm here. I suspect “normal” Florida weather is coming back. Just Zumba, Bindi walks, chores and prep for an adult pool party at my place on Saturday - weather permitting. That should keep me busy. 

IMG_1288.jpeg.8c0b0b8ab6596fc25055d6238f3f978d.jpeg

IMG_1289.jpeg.b0216e82998a46855554b98d1c3e24b5.jpeg

Prayers for all who need our support. Cheers to all who are celebrating! Get well & stay well everyone!

Man O' War Waiheke Island Ironclad 2019

I actually get excited now, when I find a New Zealand wine that not only has a review or good info, but also has a distributor that ships to me! I bolded a word in the review because I could not find a meaning for it. I suspect it should read “savoury”, but did not want to change it - just in case. The California distributor who would ship to me would charge me $54.00 + shipping. This one would tempt me to re-examine my budget - love a “harmonizing” wine!

Cameron Douglas review

An intense and savouty bouquet with mineral and dried herb, dark red berries and cherry, a touch of mint and fine toasty spices of barrel. With some bottle age now in place the bouquet still suggest a young wine with primary red fruits then spices of oak at the core. On the palate - I like the influence of Cabernet France in the blend - it adds depth and complexity, a savoury layer, with the Merlot and other varieties adding plushness, energy and drive. Firm tannins and medium+ acid line, plenty of oak influence adding complexity and power. A lovely wine still ageing and harmonising. Best drinking from 2024 through 2030+.

93 Points

Excellent

Edited by cat shepard
  • Like 22
  • Thanks 7
  • Haha 3

Good Thursday morning!  I can celebrate technology day today because I am using my new Starlink mobile for my emails and CC today.   It arrived on Tuesday evening and we got it set up yesterday.  It is faster than our AT&T signal.   We will be brining this to the cabin and it will provide our internet.  No more sitting in the truck using the Onstar wifi like I did last year.     I will have more than an hour to be on the internet.  

Thanks for the Daily and Fleet Reports Sandi and Rich.   The soup sounds wonderful, I'll pass on the cocktail and the vino sounds great too.

@superoma thanks for keeping our Care and Celebration lists for us.  Prayers for all needing them and the people of Ukraine.   I am happy to read that Tana can get a few steps with her walker.  

I was in Santarem on March 2.  I will share photos from my phone.  Nancy

• Like 22
  • Thanks 1

Our day in Santarem, Volendam Grand South America.  We went Piranha fishing which was more of a river boat ride than fishing. Still fun and plenty of shade on the double decker boat.  They picked us right off the ship.  Very easy. 

IMG_20230302_115406075.jpg

IMG_20230302_095706767_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230302_105518765_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230302_110843820_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230302_100405219.jpg

IMG_20230302_091940580_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230302_090929652_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230302_084757081_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230301_134205458_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230302_065133124.jpg

• Like 23
  • Thanks 8

11 minutes ago, cat shepard said:

Thank you Sandi & Rich for today’s R&D! Sandi, I can not thank you enough for taking such great care of this thread! You didn’t just go through the motions, you added and corrected as needed. And you never missed a beat with your superb photo stories of the Daily port. 

Rich, I hope the last few days of this epic adventure go smoothly. You really made sure that Sandi had a great foundation & even took the time to add “This day in history”, while on your trip. 

It is currently sunny and warm here. I suspect “normal” Florida weather is coming back. Just Zumba, Bindi walks, chores and prep for an adult pool party at my place on Saturday - weather permitting. That should keep me busy. 

IMG_1288.jpeg.8c0b0b8ab6596fc25055d6238f3f978d.jpeg

IMG_1289.jpeg.b0216e82998a46855554b98d1c3e24b5.jpeg

Prayers for all who need our support. Cheers to all who are celebrating! Get well & stay well everyone!

Man O' War Waiheke Island Ironclad 2019

I actually get excited now, when I find a New Zealand wine that not only has a review or good info, but also has a distributor that ships to me! I bolded a word in the review because I could not find a meaning for it. I suspect it should read “savoury”, but did not want to change it - just in case. The California distributor who would ship to me would charge me $54.00 + shipping. This one would tempt me to re-examine my budget - love a “harmonizing” wine!

Cameron Douglas review

An intense and savouty bouquet with mineral and dried herb, dark red berries and cherry, a touch of mint and fine toasty spices of barrel. With some bottle age now in place the bouquet still suggest a young wine with primary red fruits then spices of oak at the core. On the palate - I like the influence of Cabernet France in the blend - it adds depth and complexity, a savoury layer, with the Merlot and other varieties adding plushness, energy and drive. Firm tannins and medium+ acid line, plenty of oak influence adding complexity and power. A lovely wine still ageing and harmonising. Best drinking from 2024 through 2030+.

93 Points

Excellent

Ann I can't take credit for This Day in History.  That was all Rich @richwmn who added it to the Daily several weeks/month ago.  He's always looking to improve the product!!

Thanks for all of your input on the font size so far and it seems lots like it larger.  I am on a mission to find out how to establish new defaults on my CC posting.  Otherwise I have to remember to upsize it every time I post.  (which I just did LOL)

• Like 18