Miami Hotel

abby1257

Just now, abby1257 said:

Hi there, can anyone recommend a reasonably priced hotel in Miami, Cruise is end of October, tia 

For convenience I like the Intercontinental. It’s close to bayside marketplace, many places to eat, and a very quick taxi to the ship in the morning. 

50 minutes ago, CruiserBruce said:

Define "reasonably priced". Very vague term, and sometimes not in touch with the conditions on the ground.

Exactly. I don't understand why people ask for advice without giving specifics. Price range? How many nights? Do want beachfront? How many people? Any kids? Do you need breakfast included?

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, kwokpot said:

Exactly. I don't understand why people ask for advice without giving specifics. Price range? How many nights? Do want beachfront? How many people? Any kids? Do you need breakfast included?

Totally agree and understand. Not everyone agrees on what "reasonable" might mean. Plus, I have seen people say they want a hotel under XXX in price, when they are going in peak season, and rates are 2x "reasonable".

@Essiesmom had the best advice here. There are tons of places to stay in Miami and depending on what you like to do, only you can really decide. Personally, I’d only stay in the Brickell area. Lots of walkable bars and restaurants and close to the port. One person’s reasonable is another person’s no way!  But you will get lots of valuable intel on the departure board. 

32 minutes ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

@Essiesmom had the best advice here. There are tons of places to stay in Miami and depending on what you like to do, only you can really decide. Personally, I’d only stay in the Brickell area. Lots of walkable bars and restaurants and close to the port. One person’s reasonable is another person’s no way!  But you will get lots of valuable intel on the departure board. 

In the past I used to only stay in Miami Beach/South Beach but recently been staying in the Brickell area. Before the Brickell mall was built there wasn't much reason to stay there but now there's so many restaurants,shops,supermarkets and new hotels are opening up on every block! 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, CruiserBruce said:

Totally agree and understand. Not everyone agrees on what "reasonable" might mean. Plus, I have seen people say they want a hotel under XXX in price, when they are going in peak season, and rates are 2x "reasonable".

Agree. There are numerous hotels in Miami. Hard to recommend unless the price range and general location are stated. 

Edited by Noxequifans
  • Like 1

Last month we ventured out to Coral Gables and stayed at Hotel Ponce de Leon. We weren't sure what to expect-it was about $175 per night. It's small, no elevator but we loved it and booked it for our next Miami cruise. Lots of shopping, restaurants and bars within walking distance. Neighborhood seems safe. About $20 from the airport and $15 to the port.