TxTeach79's Pride LIVE 5/28: Post Drydock European Adventure!

TxTeach79

57 minutes ago, TxTeach79 said:

Word is… somehow….. all the bags got left in London.  

Wow, did I ever wish for an unlike button! Flight nightmares!!!! At least you have some time before you cruise. Another reason to fly early!! I couldn't even begin to imagine making a flight barely in the nick of time to board, but oh guess what, now you get to board a cruise with zero luggage. I hope you and B get your bags before embarkation.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, carohs said:

Wow, did I ever wish for an unlike button! Flight nightmares!!!! At least you have some time before you cruise. Another reason to fly early!! I couldn't even begin to imagine making a flight barely in the nick of time to board, but oh guess what, now you get to board a cruise with zero luggage. I hope you and B get your bags before embarkation.

we have three nights….. I swear, if we don’t….

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, cruisin*tigger said:

holy hell, I can't imagine!  

Always impressed with carry on only.  I like to shop too much lol.

Something I had never considered was buying a bag to check in on return home at the end of your trip.  Packing that bag with the purchased stuff and checking it. Since you have already "done" your trip it doesn't matter if it shows up late at home.

• Like 10

4 minutes ago, TxTeach79 said:

Cab line. Finally. Nice and cool out. 

IMG_0054.thumb.jpeg.4260dfefee65ec65eea2fd91b48f885e.jpeg

Do you have "sleep stuff", like a t shirt, shorts, medication (if needed) till tomorrow? One can always purchase most things and keep your receipts for reimbursement.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, carohs said:

And at least they made it to Barcelona!  Shopping spree might be in order? I found Barcelona to be very easy for Americans. They should be able to find somewhere for essentials if needed. 

• Like 4

Watched Baby Driver on the DFW-JFK flight yesterday. Baby Driver has nothing on my boy 

IMG_0055.thumb.jpeg.4b9df36472ca677030050d7395918a3f.jpeg

Edited by TxTeach79
I have no idea why this posted twice. On brand for the whole day though.
  • Haha 5

1 minute ago, ninjacat123 said:

Do you have "sleep stuff", like a t shirt, shorts, medication (if needed) till tomorrow? One can always purchase most things and keep your receipts for reimbursement.

luckily my 24 year old backpack is full of some of the good stuff 

• Like 10

8 minutes ago, Thenagers said:

And at least they made it to Barcelona!  Shopping spree might be in order? I found Barcelona to be very easy for Americans. They should be able to find somewhere for essentials if needed. 

H&M, Zara, Mango, Desigual , Cortes Ingles department store 

Edited by kwokpot
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, TxTeach79 said:

Word is… somehow….. all the bags got left in London. This is the line to the luggage counter. They never started the carousel. this is happening. 

image.thumb.jpg.6b70ed170d7b923fbc0492466c22be49.jpg

AFTER THEY HELD THE PLANE UP FOR TWO HOURS WAITING ON THEM?!?!??

What.the.ever.loving.fruggidy frog?

• Like 6

22 minutes ago, TxTeach79 said:

luckily my 24 year old backpack is full of some of the good stuff 

Do you know if the credit card you used to pay for the flights has baggage delay protection? Or if you have some other travel insurance? If so, I would research what the polices are and if they apply to Your situation get all the documentation you need, then you can buy some clothes and charge it back to the insurance. 

• Like 9

50 minutes ago, ninjacat123 said:

Something I had never considered was buying a bag to check in on return home at the end of your trip.  Packing that bag with the purchased stuff and checking it. Since you have already "done" your trip it doesn't matter if it shows up late at home.

I did that last year for our cruise in Ireland. We flew into Heathrow last July when all the baggage problems were going on. I got those compression bags that seal out all the air and stuffed everything into our 2 carry on bags and 2 personal items.  When we got to Southampton we purchased a nice suitcase at a local department store.  We filled that suitcase with souvenirs and dirty clothes and checked it for the flight home.  It was on the carousel when we landed in Houston.

• Like 7