Diamond Drinks

Are there any other drinks available for the four free drinks besides the alcohol listed?  I know certain coffees are not available, but what about sodas, fruit juice and milkshakes?

Just now, mugtech said:

Are there any other drinks available for the four free drinks besides the alcohol listed?  I know certain coffees are not available, but what about sodas, fruit juice and milkshakes?

Almost anything besides coffee from a freestanding Starbucks and there are mixed reports about JR milkshakes.

Soda, fresh squeezed OJ, mocktails, etc.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, mugtech said:

Any drink up to $14, except Bionic Bar, Starbucks kiosks, and possibly Rising Tide Bar (YMMV).

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, mugtech said:

My understanding is anything up to $14, but I've only gotten alcoholic ones!

• Like 1

I'm not a heavy drinker and always have free drinks left at the end of the day, I've gotten into the habit of stopping at a bar at the end of the day to get bottles of water to use up the drink vouchers. On Navigator a few months ago, one bartender always gave me an extra bottle of water.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, mugtech said:

The way you write this makes me think you are looking at the old way of using the vouchers where you were limited to what was on the card. They have changed it and you are able to use it for any drink you want up to $14.00 at any time of the day. It’s great!

• Like 1

Often, we don’t use every voucher, and that is OK. i’ve never had a day when I’ve used all that have been allocated.

I admit, it is difficult to leave an unused voucher  at first  but if you don’t need your vouchers, then just don’t bother to get a beverage at the end of the day. I’m not sure what happens to the  bottles of water left in cabins  at the end of a cruise. I don’t know if they have to trash them or they can put back into stock.

m

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

Often, we don’t use every voucher, and that is OK. i’ve never had a day when I’ve used all that have been allocated.

I admit, it is difficult to leave an unused voucher  at first  but if you don’t need your vouchers, then just don’t bother to get a beverage at the end of the day. I’m not sure what happens to the  bottles of water left in cabins  at the end of a cruise. I don’t know if they have to trash them or they can put back into stock.

m

i asked my stateroom attendant what they do with the leftover sodas and waters. He said they can take them for personal consumption if they want. I also offer my attendate a cold drink if i catch him working

• Like 1

1 minute ago, smokeybandit said:

I always assumed the stewards kept them for their own cabins

I was under the impression that they can't take anything that is left unless it is specifically marked as such. When we've left a bottle of  wine for the cabin attendant, the attendant has asked us to put a note on it that indicates it is for him/her.   

There are lots of beverages left outside the cabin doors long with dirty plats, ice buckets  etc. 

To answer the OP - use it for most anything you want. Juice,  soda, water, specialty coffee, smoothies at the spa on Oasis ships.

M

9 minutes ago, coachmike1959 said:

i asked my stateroom attendant what they do with the leftover sodas and waters. He said they can take them for personal consumption if they want. I also offer my attendate a cold drink if i catch him working

good to know. 

Thx

M

At the end of the night, we often just order a couple of virgin drinks to take back and enjoy in our stateroom and use up our vouchers. Alcohol and our evening meds don’t mix well (or at least that’s what the doctor says). 

3 hours ago, la_croisiere_s'amuse said:

As mentioned earlier, milkshakes are hit and miss but if you're on a ship with a Vitality Cafe, the smoothies there are included. 

I posted the paper left in the cabins said JR milkshakes excluded. And someone corrected me, it's only for adults. Children can get milkshakes with their vouchers.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I posted the paper left in the cabins said JR milkshakes excluded. And someone corrected me, it's only for adults. Children can get milkshakes with their vouchers.

Yet I've gotten "adult" (w/ alcohol) JR milkshakes several times on Anthem.  As recently as this month.

3 hours ago, WyKnott said:

I'm not a heavy drinker and always have free drinks left at the end of the day, I've gotten into the habit of stopping at a bar at the end of the day to get bottles of water to use up the drink vouchers. On Navigator a few months ago, one bartender always gave me an extra bottle of water.

3 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

Same. By mid-cruise we tend to have the cooler stocked for the rest of the trip

We find out what our Room Attendant likes to drink and get those with our extra at the end of the night...
If bottled beer, my understanding is you have to hand it to them, not leave it behind, 
You can share the vouchers with anyone, it is not like the drink package that you can not share. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, LilBlackDress said:

We find out what our Room Attendant likes to drink and get those with our extra at the end of the night...
If bottled beer, my understanding is you have to hand it to them, not leave it behind, 
You can share the vouchers with anyone, it is not like the drink package that you can not share. 

We are not big drinkers so we get a few Pelos for me and sodas for DH to keep in the stateroom and then....

We use our "left at the end of the night" vouchers to get drinks for our cabin steward.  We ask them what they like and load them up.  We designate a drawer for them and they know that they can take whatever is in that drawer at anytime.  Many of them have taken a few at a time when cleaning stateroom.  They say that is easier than trying to take a bunch at the end.  Everyone is happy by end of the sailing. 

• Like 1

I’ve never been told no when ordering a caramel frappe from the coffee place.  On Allure it even says Starbucks and is a stand alone kiosk and I wasn’t turned away.  I don’t drink alcohol and my wife is a cheap date so we just get water at the end of the night.  I always bring several large ziplocks and we just put the bottles of water in them and put them in my bag to take home.  We don’t fly so it’s no big deal.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, lifes-a-beach said:

I’ve never been told no when ordering a caramel frappe from the coffee place.  On Allure it even says Starbucks and is a stand alone kiosk and I wasn’t turned away.  I don’t drink alcohol and my wife is a cheap date so we just get water at the end of the night.  I always bring several large ziplocks and we just put the bottles of water in them and put them in my bag to take home.  We don’t fly so it’s no big deal.

Why would you bother to bring water bottles home when you can buy a case at your local grocery store for $3-4?

3 minutes ago, Wineaux007 said:

Why would you bother to bring water bottles home when you can buy a case at your local grocery store for $3-4?

Do they need a reason? Why would you bother to make such a post?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1