Suggestions for New Itineraries

kcpvwill

18 minutes ago, SJD117 said:

Windstar has always had a strong presence in French Polynesia. I remember seeing a Windstar ship anchored in Cook's Bay in Moorea back in 1987.

I'd vote for that!  We lived in Seattle for nearly 30 years and go back there many times a year.  Would enjoy sailing out of Seattle again!!

4 hours ago, dd57 said:

I've been to the Caribbean many times, east and west, sailed around in the BVI islands 5 times, and I have yet to find a place in the Caribbean that compares to French Polynesia in beauty.

Concur. Choose Pic 1 or Pic 2 ... 🍺🥌

IMG_2040.thumb.JPG.73c5ece0c07507df5ad0a22ad3d9ede7.JPG

IMG_0357b.thumb.jpg.71823b652abf7c1f7327848703f7417b.jpg

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Azulann said:

Having just returned from Scenic Scandinavia cruise in the Baltic,  I could easily do each of these ports again and  explore something different.

Any new Itineraries should have overnights on both ends , it makes a great  difference overall to the  cruise experience.

I absolutely agree with this. I would love to spend more time at the city ports. We saw so much in Stockholm and Copenhagen as we took the pre and post extensions. If we hadn't taken the pre in Stockholm I would have been kicking myself.

My ideal would be a trip around Sweden and Norway, with at least two full days at the city ports and shorter stops at others. It gives a greater opportunity for independent exploration. 

• Like 3

12 hours ago, SJD117 said:

As long as we're submitting wish lists, I wish Viking stopped in or departed from Seattle. It's unfortunate for Pacific Northwesterners like us that Viking bypasses Seattle for its Alaska cruises and every other cruise on the West Coast. Now, I know there are practical and legal reasons why Viking does so. Still, it would be nice if Tor gave HAL a run for its money!

Cruise ship terminals in Seattle are limited.  So many mega cruise lines wanting to go out of there (versus Vancouver).   Lots of competition for space.  

Or Tacoma, convenient to the airport and easy enough to get to Seattle and not a bad city in itself.  I could see an all day trip to Paradise Lodge in Summer season.  Spectacular.  Excursion to Nisqually NWR for the bird lovers, the Glass Museum, Ft Steilacoom, Pt Defiance  

15 hours ago, Azulann said:

Any new Itineraries should have overnights on both ends , it makes a great  difference overall to the  cruise experience.

Agree completely! We do not always have the time to add on extra days pre/post cruise, so this is important to us. It also allows a little cushion at the start of the cruise in the event of air travel issues. 

• Like 2

Hopefully Jim & I will see you on board for the Circle of Australia.  We were on the New Zealand to Sydney cruise in March 2020. We completed the New Zealand ports on were underway to Tasmania when the ports were close.

We had booked to Sydney to Bali cruise When the Circle Australia came out, we transferred over to the Circle Australia.

Doing the Great Lakes in Sept 2023. Booked for  Northern European  cruise with Stockholm pre-tour in June 2023.

16 hours ago, MSEm said:

Hopefully Jim & I will see you on board for the Circle of Australia.  We were on the New Zealand to Sydney cruise in March 2020. We completed the New Zealand ports on were underway to Tasmania when the ports were close.

We had booked to Sydney to Bali cruise When the Circle Australia came out, we transferred over to the Circle Australia.

Doing the Great Lakes in Sept 2023. Booked for  Northern European  cruise with Stockholm pre-tour in June 2023.

If it's the January 2025 cruise...indeed will see you there!  🙂  

We are Viking Vidar this Sept.  Three week European Sojourn.  Looking forward to that one...been too many years since we did a river cruise.  

2 minutes ago, MSEm said:

Yes it is the Jan 20, 2025 Sydney cruise.  We will arrive early to tour Sydney. 

We are planning to arrive Sydney 2-3 days prior...stay at a hotel at the port.  Following the Aussie cruise, will transfer to Orion for the NZ cruise.   Following that...2-3 weeks land based to tour around on our own.   

Over two months down under.  🙂 

Island Lady

We will be boarding the Vidar in September for the European Sojourn as well.  Our Translyvania extension begins the 16th.  I am not finding a lot of information about the ports.  We have done Budapest to Amsterdam previously and enjoyed it and will enjoy those ports again.  Hoping for perfect water levels and no ship swaps!

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, deec said:

Island Lady

We will be boarding the Vidar in September for the European Sojourn as well.  Our Translyvania extension begins the 16th.  I am not finding a lot of information about the ports.  We have done Budapest to Amsterdam previously and enjoyed it and will enjoy those ports again.  Hoping for perfect water levels and no ship swaps!

Will be nice to see you on board soon then!  🙂 

Very much looking forward to the three week adventure.  Indeed, in a perfect world....I would love not to have a ship swap.  When we cruise on B2B..plus....we won't do it unless we can keep the same cabin.  Not a fan of having to pack up and move.  😞 

I have all my shore excursions booked...keeping it simple with just the Viking hosted tours.  Normally we do a lot of "on our own" tours...but decided to just be lazy on this one.  😉 

Here's another thought - inspired by Azulan on another thread.

Since so many enjoyed their Welcome Back 1 week Bermuda cruises in summer of 2021 when Viking "reopened", why not have some more of those?   We'd do it again in a heartbeat!   Take a week and circumnavigate Bermuda.  Would be so great to see it again post-COVID !!

IMG_1492VikingOrioninHamiltonBermuda.thumb.jpg.26681ac06b8f488c5459e71eb75c65f3.jpg

• Like 4

On 7/4/2023 at 10:46 AM, island lady said:

Will be nice to see you on board soon then!  🙂 

Very much looking forward to the three week adventure.  Indeed, in a perfect world....I would love not to have a ship swap.  When we cruise on B2B..plus....we won't do it unless we can keep the same cabin.  Not a fan of having to pack up and move.  😞 

I have all my shore excursions booked...keeping it simple with just the Viking hosted tours.  Normally we do a lot of "on our own" tours...but decided to just be lazy on this one.  😉 

Harder to do DIY on Rivers so we often just wander!   When we disembark in Amsterdam we fly to Madrid to start our Douro River Cruise!!! 

I also hate the packing/unpacking...World Cruise was perfect!!  and then in 2022 we on the Jupiter for 7 weeks all in the same cabin!!!

• Like 1

19 hours ago, deec said:

Harder to do DIY on Rivers so we often just wander!   When we disembark in Amsterdam we fly to Madrid to start our Douro River Cruise!!! 

I also hate the packing/unpacking...World Cruise was perfect!!  and then in 2022 we on the Jupiter for 7 weeks all in the same cabin!!!

Nice!  We are on two quarters of the WC on RCI.   Both being 62 nights.  Though I have started booking more and more with Viking now.   Looking forward to the 32 night circumnavigating Australia on Venus early 2025.  🙂 

• Like 1

On 7/4/2023 at 9:48 AM, CCWineLover said:

Here's another thought - inspired by Azulan on another thread.

Since so many enjoyed their Welcome Back 1 week Bermuda cruises in summer of 2021 when Viking "reopened", why not have some more of those?   We'd do it again in a heartbeat!   Take a week and circumnavigate Bermuda.  Would be so great to see it again post-COVID !!

Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

I’ll bet it is, although since cherry blossom time is such a busy travel time fior the Japanese that excursions might be difficult. And the blossoms bloom at different times — Kyoto is 1-2 weeks after Kagoshima and Kyushu, Tokyo is a week after that, and northern Honshu (Aomori) and Hokkaido 1-2 weeks after Tokyo.  I think the best times would be after Golden Week to mid June, or late October into November.

i think Princess is offering some Japanese itineraries too — but I want to do this on Viking!

• Like 1