Daily Cabin Service?

jules815

Is your cabin serviced twice daily on HAL? 

Also, we're in a Neptune suite and it says our mini-bar is included. Does that mean they'll stock whatever we ask for (Coke, ginger ale and water). Do they ever include snacks in the mini-bar like MSC does in their Yacht Club?

@jules815 I haven't been in a Neptune post Covid, so I can't comment on number of daily cabin service, but you can absolutely get turndown, ice and other services more than once/day - just let them know what you want.

Yes, just let them know what soft drinks and water you want, they'll be sure to have it in your fridge. You'll also have access to those and other drinks such as juice and tea along w/snacks in the Concierge Lounge. They'll also bring fresh fruit to your cabin - just let them know what you want.

Welcome to HAL - enjoy your cruise!

Edited by Haljo1935
Typo

Just now, Haljo1935 said:

@jules815 I haven't been in a Neptune post Covid, so I can't comment on number of daily cabin service, but you can absolutely get turndown, ice and other services more than once/day - just let them know what you want.

Yes, just let them know what soft drinks and water you want, they'll be sure to have it in your fridge. You'll also have access to those and other drinks such as juice and tea along w/snacks in the Concierge Lounge.

Welcome to HAL - enjoy your cruise!

Thanks for your very helpful replies. Keep forgetting about the concierge lounge! Another place for my husband and I to wander to. 

I'd forgotten how much fun it is to be sailing with a new line. Lots to research.

25 minutes ago, jules815 said:

Thanks for your very helpful replies. Keep forgetting about the concierge lounge! Another place for my husband and I to wander to. 

I'd forgotten how much fun it is to be sailing with a new line. Lots to research.

@jules815 do plan on breakfast in the Pinnacle Grill - that's a very nice perk of having a Neptune Suite.

• Like 1

Nothing like the Yacht Club experience,  unfortunately,  but the cabins are larger and much more storage than MSC. The concierge team is very helpful and don't hesitate to ask abiut anything. Alcohol is not free either unless you have a beverage package (except when they have special Neptune events). 

• Like 1

Our friends in a Neptune on the Zuiderdam got so much water (flat and sparking) and sodas, that they couldn’t drink them all. They left notes for the cabin stewards to stop leaving the bottles and cans. They gave us many of them multiple times throughout the world cruise.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Haljo1935 said:

@jules815 do plan on breakfast in the Pinnacle Grill - that's a very nice perk of having a Neptune Suite.

@jules815 Breakfast depends on which ship you are on. Breakfast for Neptune suites on the Pinnacle Class ships (Konningsdam, Nieuw Statendam and Rotterdam) is in the Club Orange dining room.

~Nancy 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Haljo1935 said:

Correct @REOVA alcohol in fridge is not free but @CruiserBruce we were not charged for the sodas in the cabin or in the lounge.

We were in Neptune Suites in November and January and definitely did NOT get any sodas free in the mini fridge or in the Lounge.   It was the honor system in the Lounge----- DH had the Quench package and we signed for it whenever picking up Diet Coke.  We removed all beverages from the mini fridge and he stocked it with cans of Diet Coke he picked up, using his drink package.   If he needed to take one from the supply in the fridge, we were charged for it.

If soda and water is complimentary, that would be a HUGE improvement in perks for suite guest, but it's not on the Holland website.  About a year ago there was a short term "experiment" on one ship, when complimentary drinks were offered in the Neptune lounge for a few hours pre-dinner.   That wasn't implemented on other ships.

• Like 2

Just to clarify...according to HAL policy, water and non-alcoholic drinks are indeed free in the Pinnacle suite (plus it is a huge refrigerator and not a mini-fridge (except on the Pinnacle-class ships where it is small)).  They are not free for Neptune suite guests according to official policy, but I have heard of some room stewards not recording all non-alcoholic drinks consumed in these suites.  Alcoholic drinks have to be paid for in all of these suites.

36 minutes ago, Torquer said:

Just to clarify...according to HAL policy, water and non-alcoholic drinks are indeed free in the Pinnacle suite (plus it is a huge refrigerator and not a mini-fridge (except on the Pinnacle-class ships where it is small)).  They are not free for Neptune suite guests according to official policy, but I have heard of some room stewards not recording all non-alcoholic drinks consumed in these suites.  Alcoholic drinks have to be paid for in all of these suites.

Good point @Torquer we may have been blessed with a steward who chose to gift us the sodas and water. We always signed the log for whatever we took from the lounge.

Our experience was we did not pay for non-alcoholic drinks during our Neptune Suite cruise on the Eurodam.

YMMV - I would say be prepared to pay and appreciative if you don't. 

Edited by Haljo1935
Typo

1 hour ago, Eaglecw said:

What if your in a Neptune Suite and have a "Have it all" drink package do you still have to pay for your drinks out of the fridge or in the Neptune lounge?

Yes. If you read the fine print, drinks in the mini-bar are not covered, along with drinks on HMC, and a small number of other exceptions.

8 minutes ago, CruiserBruce said:

Yes. If you read the fine print, drinks in the mini-bar are not covered, along with drinks on HMC, and a small number of other exceptions.

Are drinks still covered at the bars and in the dining room with the "Have it all" drink package? What is HMC?

On 6/7/2023 at 1:48 PM, Torquer said:

we were in the pinnacle suit last week on the konsingdam and the non alcoholic drinks were free. One of the many perks we received. We had a fabulous time and plan to write a review. 

4 minutes ago, Eaglecw said:

Are drinks still covered at the bars and in the dining room with the "Have it all" drink package? What is HMC?

All ship's bars, the dining room and Specialty Restaurants all honor the HIA drink package - up to the menu price. Then you pay the difference plus the 18% gratuity on the difference.

HMC is Half Moon Cay.

Edited by Cruise Suzy

3 minutes ago, Eaglecw said:

Half Moon Cay.

Yes, drinks are covered in the bars and restaurants. Where else would they be covered?There are MANY threads here on how the drink packages work.

2 minutes ago, CruiserBruce said:

Half Moon Cay.

Yes, drinks are covered in the bars and restaurants. Where else would they be covered?There are MANY threads here on how the drink packages work.

How sweet

The 3 Neptune Lounges we've been in all had an honor system for alcoholic drinks and sodas.  There was a clipboard with a paper to fill out, with name and what you took.  When we had a drink package, we were never charged.  

An easy way to think about it is, *Does the place I wsnt drink have a POS (point of sale) terminal? Bars, restaurants and lounges do. Half Moon Cay, your cabin and the beverage steward selling water bottles as you get off the ship, do not.

We sailed a couple of weeks ago in a Neptune Suite on the Koningsdam and while the mini-bar is available, it isn't free.  We did grab a couple of cans of soda from the Neptune Lounge and we weren't charged for them.  There was an alcohol section set up in the Lounge and the honour system sheet was there.  

As for snacks, you can of course grab snacks anywhere on the ship and return to your cabin to enjoy.  You can avail of the snacks in the Neptune Lounge.  A heads up though - we didn't find the Lounge snacks much appealing and there were far better options in the Lido.  You can also order off the room service.  Finally, although this isn't widely publicized, you can also ask the Lounge Concierge for a list of available hot and cold snacks.  These have to be ordered 24 hours in advance and can be delivered to your suite.  

Here is the list from our cruise.  It may differ on your cruise:

Cold

Smoked Salmon, cream cheese, pumpernickel

Parma Proscuitto, olive, bread stick, papaya

Hot:

Shrimps Tempura, sweet chili sauce

Vegetarian Mini Samosa, raita

Cold

Bel Pease cheese, mango, pistachio

Poached Shrimp, American Cocktail sauce

Hot

Veal Polpettini, chunky marinara

Vegetarian Spring Rolls, ponzu

Cold

Roasted beet root, arugula, baguette

Graved Salmon, red onion, spa bread

Hot

Grilled Shrimps Provencal

Vegetarian Pot sticker, sesame soy

BTW - When we inquired about daily fruit in our suite we were told that HAL had eliminated that over a year ago.  A quick search online shows it is no longer included in the suite amenities.  Our cabin steward told us he would take care of it for us and provided us with fresh berries (our ask) once only.  

• Like 1