Military and shareholders OBC no longer combinable soon.

HaveDogWillTravel

I just checked my CCL stocks.  I am still down about $6 a stock.  That's even when I bought the second set of 100 when it dropped significantly during covid.   I will admit that my "losses" probably were replaced by my OBC.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

I wonder how many veterans will sell their stock now?  Oh, I forgot, the stock is worthless at this time.  

Uh, it's been a great gainer lately.  Since you think it's worthless, I'll be happy to take a  transfer of any shares that you'd like to part with.

Edited... sorry.. didn't read all the posts.

Edited by Redwing55
Sorry, didn't read all the posts before posting.
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Redwing55 said:

Uh, it's been a great gainer lately.  Since you think it's worthless, I'll be happy to take a  transfer of any shares that you'd like to part with.

Not done with Princess yet.  And since I don't have military, it's a good to have stock.  Keeping the "extra" 100 shares for when my children decide they want to cruise with me.  

It's money spent.  I don't bother looking at it.  But thank you for ALL the offers.

• Like 2

So when do you'll thing Princess will reinstate the dividends payments on stock ownership? Loved it when it went to $0.50 per share/ per quarter. That's $2 per share, per year. I own 3,100 shares, can't wait.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, galelynn said:

So when do you'll thing Princess will reinstate the dividends payments on stock ownership? Loved it when it went to $0.50 per share/ per quarter. That's $2 per share, per year. I own 3,100 shares, can't wait.

Given the debt that they took on during COVID, I dont think that they will have the cash flow to spend on dividends anytime soon. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, galelynn said:

When their debt is back to where it was when they last had one. Figure 5 to 10 years. That have far better uses for the cash now.

1 hour ago, galelynn said:

I would be surprised if CCL pays a dividend this decade.

I would be willing to bet that JP is not a veteran.

Note: I am not entitled to this benefit but have zero issues with those who have served receiving the OBC. At the time, I was surprised (but not at all unhappy that they instituted a lottery and my number was high. I grew up watching the "body count" every night on the news. I knew I was going and was pretty much boggled to find that I actually wasn't going. I tip my hat and give my thanks and sympathy to all who had to go whether they wanted to do so or not. I have multiple friends who went and who are pretty much - some physically and some mentally and some both - messed up today. I say give the vets the OBC and a tip of the hat as well.

• Like 15

This really is just another example of Princess (and management) to skim profits off of its older passengers.  The group is getting smaller and smaller with each passing year.  It’s been over 50 years since our last involved major war.  There are still many in the military, but not as many.  

Cut a little here.  Cut a little there.  No one will notice.   

• Like 4

12 hours ago, ldtr said:

That has substantially reduced the advantage that Princess has over other lines as far as I am concerned.

I wonder if I can claim veterans and my wife the shareholders? Will have to see?

I wonder what happens when you have already spent both on excursions.

Exactly what I was thinking.  The shares are solely  mine; spouse is the veteran.  Guess we will dine out.

13 hours ago, HaveDogWillTravel said:

• The Shareholder and Military OBC will no longer be combinable with each other.

A long time ago ... like more that 15 years ...

The shareholder OBC wasn't combinable with anything.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

This really is just another example of Princess (and management) to skim profits off of its older passengers.  The group is getting smaller and smaller with each passing year.  It’s been over 50 years since our last involved major war.  There are still many in the military, but not as many.  

Cut a little here.  Cut a little there.  No one will notice.   

Pretty sure those that served in Iraq and Afghanistan would disagree with you.

My wife and I both Veterans and stock holders.  To us this is an insult and one of the reasons we stayed with Princess was because you could stack the OBC's.  They have made so many cheap cuts to our Elite benefits and now the OBC's that it is really time to just start shopping around.  New management is definitely going for a cheap All-Inclusive cruise line which Is not for us.

• Like 7

18 minutes ago, Princessfan20 said:

My wife and I both Veterans and stock holders.  To us this is an insult and one of the reasons we stayed with Princess was because you could stack the OBC's.  They have made so many cheap cuts to our Elite benefits and now the OBC's that it is really time to just start shopping around.  New management is definitely going for a cheap All-Inclusive cruise line which Is not for us.

Yes, cut is disappointing, but there are only a few cruiselines that give OBC for Vets.

With the restart, I lost the loyalty command OBC of $100 for having over 51 cruise credits. This was also a benefit few other cruise lines offered. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, GStonelake said:

Exactly what I was thinking.  The shares are solely  mine; spouse is the veteran.  Guess we will dine out.

This is what my Princess CVP replied regarding this question"

On Jun 16, 2023, at 7:24 AM, ________wrote:
I am interpreting it that a single cabin can get only ONE of EITHER the Shareholder Benefit OR Military OBC.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

How about before getting the pitchforks out, we wait to hear from more than one source? 🤔

Nothing was said about this yesterday on the TA call. Granted, it was all about the Sun, but I'd rather not rush...

• Like 5

We just submitted the form for receiving the Shareholder's OBC for our December cruise.  Got an automatic response "due to high demand, it will take up to 21 days to process".  Our last submittal was just a few days.  Looks like word is getting out!

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, DJ Cruisers said:

We just submitted the form for receiving the Shareholder's OBC for our December cruise.  Got an automatic response "due to high demand, it will take up to 21 days to process".  Our last submittal was just a few days.  Looks like word is getting out!

we submitted ours earlier this week, and it only took 24 hours....and the credits came for an October cruise, and for 2 in Feb and March of next year (9 months out)

I realize it's not June 29 yet, but we were just able to refare our Jan 2024 Antarctica booking today saving a significant amount of money ($1700). The only issue is that our SHB OBC disappeared while both of our Military OBC perks remained. So we'll be resubmitting the SHB form this evening. Hopefully the $250 in OBC gets added back on. 🤞

30 minutes ago, DJ Cruisers said:

We just helped our son submit their first SHB form, and the OBC was posted to their upcoming booking within 48 hours. BTW we saw the same "21 days to process" phrase when they initially submitted the form to Princess. Hopefully we'll experience the same when we resubmit ours this evening.

18 hours ago, HaveDogWillTravel said: 

With the great solo fares the past year or so we have booked me in an aft facing balcony or regular mini suite and booked him in the inside cabin across the hall. Then we could each get shareholders. 

Really, not here in the UK. I pay the same as a solo as I did when cruising with my DH.

The only reason I have been booking more with Princess is for the military and shareholder OBC.   I am disappointed they have decided to go this route.  I am hoping to get my shareholder OBC attached to my 2024 cruises soon, and hope that that sticks when the new notice date rolls up.  

• Like 1