NEW dinner menus are posted here!

41 minutes ago, Drew B 58 said:

I’m a little concerned about the absence of the salmon and the cheese plate every day.  Those were definitely fallbacks for me when I wasn’t interested in any other entree/dessert.  Hopefully with all of the new choices, that won’t happen as often…

I like getting the cheese plate too.  Hopefully they bring that back in the final version if enough people request it.

• Like 2

Yes, the cheese plate!  Definately a go-to item for us.  Sometimes as an appy, sometimes as dessert, sometimes ordered as a second dessert but taken back to the cabin to snack on later!!    

Carnival... don't cut the cheese!!! 🧀🧐... 🤣  but no, seriously, please don't.  LOL

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

We don’t cruise as much as many of you, but we like the Carnival dining room options.  Cold fruit soups?  YUM!  Delicious pasta dishes?  YUM!  Multiple desserts?  Yes, please!   We have always found something to order for dinner.  Lamb?  Nope!  

I have only looked at the first day new menu, and my very first thought was that it looked like a RCCL menu - fancier food, but not family-friendly for the majority of us.  Yes, I understand kid’s menus exist, but there’s an age range in between the kid menus and the fancy restaurant menus.  If you don’t understand what I mean, then you got lucky and didn’t have picky eaters in your household.

I’ll be the odd one on the thread and tell you that the new menu Day 1 didn’t impress me.  As a matter of fact, I kind of hated it.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, MississippiMom said:

We don’t cruise as much as many of you, but we like the Carnival dining room options.  Cold fruit soups?  YUM!  Delicious pasta dishes?  YUM!  Multiple desserts?  Yes, please!   We have always found something to order for dinner.  Lamb?  Nope!  

I have only looked at the first day new menu, and my very first thought was that it looked like a RCCL menu - fancier food, but not family-friendly for the majority of us.  Yes, I understand kid’s menus exist, but there’s an age range in between the kid menus and the fancy restaurant menus.  If you don’t understand what I mean, then you got lucky and didn’t have picky eaters in your household.

I’ll be the odd one on the thread and tell you that the new menu Day 1 didn’t impress me.  As a matter of fact, I kind of hated it.

You are not odd!!  I was not impressed either!!

Hugs

• Like 1

Honestly, I never had much of a concern with the quality of the MDR. I'm satisfied with my dish far more often than not (and let's be real, if you aren't, you can get that fixed rather quickly). However, it does get old only having the same choices every time. I'm very glad to see this.

As we all know, you will never, ever please everyone. No matter what you do.

• Like 11

3 hours ago, MississippiMom said:

What does family friendly even mean when it comes to food? Time to expand your kid's horizons from pizza and mcnuggets I think...

• Like 6

Second night’s menu already has repeated items. A BBQ fish. A roasted chicken. Short ribs. It’s a trend I have noticed in the dining room. On celebration last week we could have had some version of chicken parm 3 times. Fried chicken twice. Etc. 

Also… filet w/ short rib = smaller filet. And the Grilled Jumbo ShrimpS item is now called Grilled Jumbo shrimP w/ fish cake…. Fewer shrimp? Only 1 shrimp?

Edited by Bandman
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, happy cruzer said:

BBQ snapper and BBQ salmon would not even be close to the same flavor... 

I'm still loving the new menu!

Both items might be great, but it would be nice to have a different sauce/treatment on consecutive nights. Maybe night 3 will be BBQ Tilapia.

Edited by Bandman
  • Haha 3

We were getting a little complacent/bored with carnival menus... this has renewed my interest in the MDR. Hope the braised lamb is not too muttony, we will see. Cheese plate is also my go to dessert. On our last cruise they changed the cheeses halfway through the cruise, our waiter did not know what they were but it was a nice change (i should have pursued it further)

• Like 4

I’d be happy if they put the salmon back on the everyday options menu and added another dessert option.

It was time for a change. As long as the quality doesn’t get worse I’ll be ok with it.

I do wish my next cruise was still going to be the old menus but I don’t think it will be.

• Like 2

I see a lot of old favorites on the menus which is good to see. Some dishes are gone, sadly, but plenty of new things I'm excited to try over the years. Overall a net positive in my view so far. The proof will be in the pudding on my next sailing that features these menus.

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, mz-s said:

I see a lot of old favorites on the menus which is good to see. Some dishes are gone, sadly, but plenty of new things I'm excited to try over the years. Overall a net positive in my view so far. The proof will be in the pudding on my next sailing that features these menus.

glad to see you are more calm these days and getting back to cruising on CCL. 🙂

13 hours ago, Illbcruzn4life said:

glad to see you are more calm these days and getting back to cruising on CCL. 🙂

I only have one CCL cruise scheduled, none planned after that. I'm not writing off CCL but not chomping at the bit either. We will see.

I have no problems calling Carnival out as many on here know - but I think the menu overhaul was overdue.

• Like 2

The dessert choices are very limited. Basically one regular dessert and one sugar free dessert plus the chocolate melting cake. I love ice cream but I don’t really consider that as a dessert. We have never gone to a restaurant and ordered ice cream for dessert.

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, Carnival Cheerleader said:

I didn't care for it either. Where are the long straight fried shrimp they always had the first night of every cruise? Love those things!

That was one of the things I was looking forward to on our next cruise. It was so good. It looks like the shrimp and fried rice has been replaced by a shrimp and noodle dish. It definitely doesn't sound as good.

• Like 5