Bermuda island drive by mini bus tour

Has anyone taken this tour that is offered by the ship? Will be on the vision of the seas in September and I'm thinking of this tour the first day since the ship doesn't get there till 1 o'clock and then going to the beach the next morning for a few hours. If anyone has been on this tour could they give me a review? Thank you

No, wouldn’t do a ship’s tour.  We took a fantastic tour with Heidi at Bermuda Byways.  Small group in a van with an extremely knowledgable local.  We learned so much as we were seeing beautiful Bermuda and ate delicious snacks and lunch (included) along the way!  Highly recommend! https://www.bermudabyways.com/tours/httpwww-bermudabyways-comtours/ 

• Like 2

On 6/23/2023 at 5:47 PM, pstone1 said:

No, wouldn’t do a ship’s tour.  We took a fantastic tour with Heidi at Bermuda Byways.  Small group in a van with an extremely knowledgable local.  We learned so much as we were seeing beautiful Bermuda and ate delicious snacks and lunch (included) along the way!  Highly recommend! https://www.bermudabyways.com/tours/httpwww-bermudabyways-comtours/ 

We also did this tour with Heidi a few years ago. You'll be docked in Bermuda for a few days so there's no concern about arriving back to the ship too late. Heidi grew up in Bermuda and knows it's lore, history and characters like the back of her hand. She lived in the light house. She'll take you for lunch to a spot that makes fish sandwiches that are a mile high. Go with an appetite and enjoy. 

Jonathan

• Like 2

Riding public transportation in Bermuda is the best!  Get a pass & jump on. We had a blast interacting with the locals especially the school kids.  Also gives you access to the ferries.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, cruiserking said:

We also did this tour with Heidi a few years ago. You'll be docked in Bermuda for a few days so there's no concern about arriving back to the ship too late. Heidi grew up in Bermuda and knows it's lore, history and characters like the back of her hand. She lived in the light house. She'll take you for lunch to a spot that makes fish sandwiches that are a mile high. Go with an appetite and enjoy. 

Jonathan

Not a few days.  24 hours.  1 p.m. to 1 p.m.

It is better than a coach bus tour but we wouldn't do it again. The mini bus has 2 seats on one side and one seat on the other side very small uncomfortable seats. We stopped at lighthouse for 15 minutes, a marina about 20 min, Hamilton 30 min and 10 mins to view a beach.  Total tour was about 3 hous long.  I'd think about a private taxi tour.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, poocher said:

Riding public transportation in Bermuda is the best!  Get a pass & jump on. We had a blast interacting with the locals especially the school kids.  Also gives you access to the ferries.

Agree!

We were on the bus in Bermyda when school children, dressed in wonderful uniforns, joined us...fond memories.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, cruiserking said:

Jonathan

Heidi also made a special stop at the Swizzle Inn so we could all get an original Bermuda Swizzle!  At our Lighthouse stop, she also paid for the four of us that wanted to climb to the top!

I’m not sure she could accommodate a tour with such a late arrival/early departure, but if not, she’s definitely worth touring with if you ever return to the Island.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, pstone1 said:

I’m not sure she could accommodate a tour with such a late arrival/early departure, but if not, she’s definitely worth touring with if you ever return to the Island.

If she is not available it is pretty easy to get a private taxi tour. They are $50 an hour with a three hour minimium. i did a four hour taxi tour once and saw plenty. Private taxi tour is much better than a shared minibus tour. The private taxi tour might even be less expensive or a wash than the cruise line minibus excursion, 

Edited by Charles4515

On 6/25/2023 at 11:59 AM, Charles4515 said:

If she is not available it is pretty easy to get a private taxi tour. They are $50 an hour with a three hour minimium. i did a four hour taxi tour once and saw plenty. Private taxi tour is much better than a shared minibus tour. The private taxi tour might even be less expensive or a wash than the cruise line minibus excursion, 

Private taxi is the way to go. Hop off ship, meet the drivers who are ready to take you on a tour. I miss "Captain" Cann.. 😞 - he died from Covid in '21. He was hard to keep up with when we'd stop at places...which is saying a lot because he had half as many legs as me! But he took us to some places off the beaten path, and was so entertaining.  RIP Captain.