Entertainment and Dining. How do you time it?

Monthend

We are traveling on the Beyond in March 2024. I am trying to plan speciality dining. I am trying to time the dinner so we don't miss shows. What is the best way to do this. Also do you have to make reservations for shows?

5 minutes ago, Monthend said:

We are traveling on the Beyond in March 2024. I am trying to plan speciality dining. I am trying to time the dinner so we don't miss shows. What is the best way to do this. Also do you have to make reservations for shows?

We eat early (6:PM) and do the late show (9:PM). No reservations for the shows. 

5 minutes ago, Monthend said:

If I book specialty  dining before cruise for four, can each put one dinner on our credit card.

If you book it before the cruise then one of you has already paid for it, as you can't reserve in advance without paying...

1 minute ago, Mark_T said:

If you book it before the cruise then one of you has already paid for it, as you can't reserve in advance without paying...

Yes I know but can each person at table charge the dinner to her credit card

1 hour ago, Monthend said:

I'll answer this for me and my personal preferences, less because it will help you, but because I want to get it on record.

For non charter Celebrity cruises, I have found the main theater shows to be at 7 and 9. When I find a show that's interesting to me, I'll normally dine in the morning OVC around 6 and attend the early show. I try to avoid specialty dining on these days.

For the music charters the main theater shows start at 6:30. I'll normally wait until it ends and then head up to the buffet. I usually beat the crowds. Sometimes I have to adjust this if there's a show that takes place in close proximity - at 8 or 8:30, for example. The charters have schedules that are released about a month in advance, which makes preplanning a lot easier.

14 minutes ago, Monthend said:

Yes I know but can each person at table charge the dinner to her credit card

The charges would be made using SeaPass cards when at the Specialty Restaurant.

3 minutes ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

It's already paid for at that point.

The best thing to do would be to have them Zelle or Venmo you the money when you've booked it.

I am not sure if the OP was actually going to make reservations in advance. 

2 minutes ago, keesar said:

I am not sure if the OP was actually going to make reservations in advance. 

They responded to someone saying it's paid for at the time of reservation "Yes I know but can the dinner be put on each person's credit card." I can only guess from that they are used to Walt Disney World where a pre-paid meal like at Cinderella's Royal Table could have charges reversed at the restaurant so each person could pay their own. I have never heard of a cruise line doing that, so the others repaying the ones who made the reservations and paid is the better option.

But yes...if they were to book on board, I'd guess that it could be put on each person's card at the time they book it. Seems like having one person do it and the others Zelle/Venmo/just cash the money to them is easier.

1 hour ago, the penguins said:

Strange, any idea why the change?

The ship was full, and there was always lines for dinner, so unless it was allow more time for people to finish dinner before the late show. Or maybe it was adjusted for the European market, but to be honest we would have much preferred 9pm. 

This daily was a Illusion show, but the production shows were all the same time, 7pm and 9.30pm 

IMG_3512.jpg.cc87d975778167f7f468c7033f426c7d.jpg

4 minutes ago, debsjc said:

The ship was full, and there was always lines for dinner, so unless it was allow more time for people to finish dinner before the late show. Or maybe it was adjusted for the European market, but to be honest we would have much preferred 9pm. 

This daily was a Illusion show, but the production shows were all the same time, 7pm and 9.30pm 

IMG_3512.jpg.cc87d975778167f7f468c7033f426c7d.jpg

Thanks.

Love Matt McGurk a great magician and, unusually for a show on a cruise ship, he includes large illusions as well as close up routines.

The later start time gives almost no time to get the next event (your sample shows both ABBA and the murder show starting at 10.30.) Hope these times aren't repeated on our Reflection cruise in October.

• Like 1