Mariner/Bermuda (8-night) or Adventure/Tortola+St Croix (7-night)

Hello all, looking at a couple of itineraries for places we haven't been to yet. I've sailed Adventure, Liberty, and Navigator before and I like them. Adventure I've heard is looking kind of run-down, not so sure about Mariner - interested in any opinions for those who have more recently sailed either, though. Both itineraries list Suite GTY for decent prices so there's that.

Mainly interested in the itineraries for those who have been: for Bermuda it's a 2-day stay (8-night) and for BVI/USVI we'd get a couple islands (7-night). We're beach bums more than activity driven, if that helps.

Thanks for your thoughts/opinions!

Edited by GetToLivin
clarification

I’m not the optimal person to answer since I care more about ship than itinerary and have never been to any of those islands but if you wind up torn on itinerary, I’d much prefer Mariner plus an extra night over Adventure.

• Like 2

Hi! We are booked on Adventure in September. Been to St Croix but not Tortola. However, it’s a really good itinerary especially for beach lovers and I have not heard anything about Adventure that concerns me. We have been on Mariner multiple times, it’s a great ship and one of my favorites. Went to Bermuda last year but it was on Celebrity. It had a much better itinerary than Mariner and our time in Bermuda was longer. I hope this helps in your decision but I’m sure no matter what you decide you’ll have a great cruise!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, GetToLivin said:

Mainly interested in the itineraries for those who have been: for Bermuda it's a 2-day stay (8-night) and for BVI/USVI we'd get a couple islands (7-night). We're beach bums more than activity driven, if that helps.

Just got off of Mariner on Friday. Love the ship. We have done both itineraries, and loved both. Some of the best beaches in the Atlantic are on Bermuda, and easy to get to from the pier. There is a beach in St. Croix that is literally within walking distance from the pier, and the beaches in Tortola re good as well. I'd probably choose the Bermuda itinerary for the extra day since there are - beach days at Coco Cay, Nassau, and Bermuda on Mariner, and St. Croix, Tortola, and Coco Cay on Adventure.

• Like 1

Probably can't go wrong either way.  We recently booked the Adventure Tortola/StCroix itinerary for October since we haven't been there.  We like to hang out on beach days as well, and this was a chance to do that at a couple new places.

• Like 1

A nice choice to have to make. We cruised on Mariner to Bermuda in 2022, our first and only time there. That was a bucket list item and Mariner lives 30 minutes up the road from our house, a no brainer. We are not beach-lounging folks, but we very much enjoy visiting beautiful beaches. Bermuda will certainly not disappoint. Whether a ships excursion or on your own, Horseshoe Bay Beach, Elbow Beach or Jobson's Cove would be my choices, if possible. Also, you will enjoy Mariner. 

We have not cruised on Adventure. However, living in Florida, the Caribbean is obviously in the neighborhood. For over 30 years, DW and I have visited most of the islands, either by cruise or land vacation. Beautiful beaches abound. In St. Croix it will depend on where the ship docks and what transportation is provided to various beaches. Buck Island/Turtle Beach, Buccaneer Beach (associated with Buccaneer Resort), Rainbow Beach, Davis Bay Beach, are very nice. 

In Tortola, Cane Garden Bay, Long Bay Beach and Brewer's Bay Beach are hard to beat. If you do the Adventure of the Seas, you may have the opportunity for a ship's tour to the Baths at Virgin Gorda from Tortola. Should definitely be given consideration. And also from Tortola, another option might be a day trip to Jost Van Dyke/White Bay Beach and the Soggy Dollar Bar. Gorgeous beach with a fun gathering place and the "PAINKILLER". Enough said there. 

We know the Caribbean well. Perhaps we would rather head south than north. As beach bums, you can't go wrong either way.

Edited by Spif Barwunkel
  • Like 1

Appreciate the input from everyone! We've been sailing mainly Oasis class so this will be a change for us, but I love that we'll be able to go to Bermuda as we've never been. Excited for Playmakers and the Bamboo Room as well just to experience some new venues. Maybe we'll even do the escape room 🙃

I went ahead and booked the 8-night, falls over our anniversary so that should be nice. Got a Suite GTY so rolling that dice to see what we end up with 😬

• Like 2