CLUB CLASS

rln44

2 hours ago, MissP22 said:

I really think it makes some folks feel special knowing that they're dining on items that others aren't eating. 

Other than having seating waiting for you when ever you arrive, I've never missed out on any of those tableside prepared items.

It depends on where the cruise is sailing, too.  We have noticed on our European and South American cruises many passengers eat much later.  Usually it was the two of us and maybe two other couples in Reserve Class the first hour it was open.  Most of the Reserve Class staff just had to look busy but there was little for them to do the first hour.  

• Thanks 1

Reserve Mini-Class would be well worth the extra $ if it was a cruise with lots of sea days.  You would then be able to eat in the MDR for breakfast, sea day lunch, and dinner.  There are only so many venues open for a boat load of passengers on a sea day.  It sure beats the buffet.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, stevenr597 said:

When we book Princess we select Club Class.  When we do Celebrity we book Aqua Class. 

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Aqua class on Celebrity. This September is our first cruise on Princess and booked Club/ Reserve Class so that we weren’t in line for MDR. Also I like the mid ship location. However am concerned that there is no roof on the balcony as on CC member wrote on this board. Could someone please clarify that for me. We are on the Sapphire. 

Well worth it to us.  We do full suites for shorter cruises but have opted for Club for the 2025 world cruise.  It will be much more serene for breakfast than Horizon Court. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, memoak said:

No a bad day in club class is always better than a good day in a crowded Buffett. LOL

It all depends on what the main courses that are offered in the DR. We always look over the menu first and if there's nothing of interest, head off to the buffet where there are always many more selections. 

In the evening, like mid afternoon, it's never crowded. 

I looked at the available Reserve Collection minisuites on one of the Royal class ships - they are offering the midship minisuite cabins under the Skywalk.  You know, those ones where everyone above you can look down and see the balcony and into the cabin if the curtains are open and lights are on,  and the blue light glows all night long.  

I guess they figure they can't sell all of them as regular mini's because of the privacy concerns, but if they make them Reserve Collection, we'll buy them and ignore the downsides?    

6 minutes ago, CruisinFinsUp said:

I looked at the available Reserve Collection minisuites on one of the Royal class ships - they are offering the midship minisuite cabins under the Skywalk.  You know, those ones where everyone above you can look down and see the balcony and into the cabin if the curtains are open and lights are on,  and the blue light glows all night long.  

I guess they figure they can't sell all of them as regular mini's because of the privacy concerns, but if they make them Reserve Collection, we'll buy them and ignore the downsides?    

Not sure I understand your argument.  If privacy is a concern why would it matter if you have RC or not?  If you don't like the lack of privacy then don't book a cabin that can be looked into, whether it be RC or not.

• Like 1

On 6/28/2023 at 6:08 PM, Dar28 said:

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Aqua class on Celebrity. This September is our first cruise on Princess and booked Club/ Reserve Class so that we weren’t in line for MDR. Also I like the mid ship location. However am concerned that there is no roof on the balcony as on CC member wrote on this board. Could someone please clarify that for me. We are on the Sapphire. 

Correct. Mini-suites on deck 9, Dolphin deck, are fully uncovered..

33 minutes ago, CruisinFinsUp said:

We were in one of those RC mini-suites for 21 days on the Regal cruising around the Med this past summer and didn't run into any of the privacy issues you mentioned, let alone noticed any blue light.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, reedprincess said:

Correct. Mini-suites on deck 9, Dolphin deck, are fully uncovered..

Thanks for the info. Oh well, …as long as it doesn’t rain, because it never rains on our West Coast 🤪🤪

3 hours ago, Ken the cruiser said:

We were in one of those RC mini-suites for 21 days on the Regal cruising around the Med this past summer and didn't run into any of the privacy issues you mentioned, let alone noticed any blue light.

Were you directly under the Skywalk? If not, you wouldn't have noticed the blue lights.

We have completed 30 cruises with Princess.  When Club Class premiered years ago we gave it a try and loved it and now book it every time.  We like the center mini suites and the comfortable dining arrangements.  The dining staff have always been friendly and provided wonderful service.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, dave_k58 said:

WE had CC on our recent TA - and I don't remember getting special menu items more than about 3 mauybe 4 times

Did you ask ?  We have always had them nightly and occasionally at lunch

• Like 2