Room Service

I have not been on RC for some time.  I am hearing that cabin service is down to once a day.  Up charges are on the DR menu. 

I am curious about room service.  Is it still available for free?

We always have ordered coffee, and sometimes breakfast in our room/balcony.  Will we be paying for this now?  

Coffee/continental breakfast in the morning is complementary.

Hot breakfast,  and orders  at other times  of the day have an $8 service charge added per order. 

Cabin Service is once a day for most cabins. Suites have service twice a day

There is a “Chops“  fillet, and also lobster on the menu that has an up charge. Those items have been available for a charge for years.  

m

Edited by cruisegirl1
  • Like 1

Yes, cabin cleaning service is once a day now, and I've heard from a family member this is a real shortcoming if you have more than two people in a room /are using a sofa bed or pull-down bunk.  

The MDR offers a Chops steak and/or whole lobster every night ... but this is a choice /no one will force you to order these items.  A steak is about $18, and a lobster is about $30; both are about $35.  Note that this means one person could have an upcharge item without the whole group paying for a specialty restaurant meal.  Don't forget the mandatory 18% tip on top of these costs.  

Room service at breakfast:  Coffee and continental items (pastries, for example) are no-charge -- except you should tip your delivery person.  If you order a full breakfast (eggs, pancakes, etc.) they charge about $8 -- that's no matter how much you order /not per person or per plate, and this is not the tip; you should still tip your delivery person.  

Room service after breakfast:  All deliveries are about $8 -- again, that's no matter how much you order /not per person or per plate, and this is not the tip; you should still tip your delivery person.  

Edited by Mum2Mercury
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Mum2Mercury said:

Yes, cabin cleaning service is once a day now, and I've heard from a family member this is a real shortcoming if you have more than two people in a room /are using a sofa bed or pull-down bunk.  

The MDR offers a Chops steak and/or whole lobster every night ... but this is a choice /no one will force you to order these items.  A steak is about $18, and a lobster is about $30; both are about $35.  Note that this means one person could have an upcharge item without the whole group paying for a specialty restaurant meal.  Don't forget the mandatory 18% tip on top of these costs.  

Room service at breakfast:  Coffee and continental items (pastries, for example) are no-charge -- except you should tip your delivery person.  If you order a full breakfast (eggs, pancakes, etc.) they charge about $8 -- that's no matter how much you order /not per person or per plate, and this is not the tip; you should still tip your delivery person.  

Room service after breakfast:  All deliveries are about $8 -- again, that's no matter how much you order /not per person or per plate, and this is not the tip; you should still tip your delivery person.  

The MDR lobster tail showed up as $20.05 on the statement.

When I was on the Voyager of the Seas in March, they told me that if my room service order was large, they would charge me twice. 

I only ordered 2 soups and 2 meals so it was only 1 fee.

Has anyone else had this experience?

If I was charged 2 fees, I would have went down to Guest Services, because that is not what their information states.

And I do think it is BS to be charged a gratuity on the service charge.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, cruisegirl1 said:

Coffee/continental breakfast in the morning is complementary.

Hot breakfast,  and orders  at other times  of the day have an $8 service charge added per order. 

Cabin Service is once a day for most cabins. Suites have service twice a day

There is a “Chops“  fillet, and also lobster on the menu that has an up charge. Those items have been available for a charge for years.  

m

Suites also get free room service. 

9 hours ago, Mum2Mercury said:

IMG_2573[1].PNG

23 minutes ago, little britain said:

The MDR menu does not mention an additional service charge on the lobster 🦞 or steak 🥩… I did not know this. That’s a bit cheeky! 

Really? On North American embarkations this has been an up-charge for at least a decade.

To be clear this is not the normal steak and lobster offered, this is in addition to the daily menu, and the premium selections are available every day

Edited by not-enough-cruising

8 minutes ago, not-enough-cruising said:

Really? On North American embarkations this has been an up-charge for at least a decade.

To be clear this is not the normal steak and lobster offered, this is in addition to the daily menu, and the premium selections are available every day

I know about the up charge for these items.

I did not know they charged an additional service charge on the up charge - it never crossed my mind. 
I’ve never ordered it. 
I’m only Pinnacle but you learn something every day! 

Edited by little britain
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, little britain said:

I know about the up charge for these items.

I did not know they charged an additional service charge on the up charge - it never crossed my mind. 
I’ve never ordered it. 
I’m only Pinnacle but you learn something every day! 

OK I understand now.

I misunderstood what you were saying.

10 hours ago, joeyancho said:

Was it worth the upcharge?  Was it served hot?

My husband thought so. It wasn't the best he's ever had, but it was worth the $20. We had an excursion canceled so figured it was money already spent!

20230321_183358.jpg

2 hours ago, little britain said:

Other than Voom, almost all non-shop purchases on board have the 18% added to it.

6 hours ago, Biker19 said:

Other than Voom, almost all non-shop purchases on board have the 18% added to it.

Regarding Voom, I see in my cruise planner that there is a charge per person in the cabin, or something like that (similar to the DBP).

Does that mean that if I'm the only one in our cabin (and not DW) who will be using the service, and only on one device, will I still be paying for two people/two devices?

I'm confused on this pricing..

1 hour ago, KroozNut said:

Does that mean that if I'm the only one in our cabin (and not DW) who will be using the service, and only on one device, will I still be paying for two people/two devices?

You can buy as many devices package as you want and share with anyone you want, up to the limit of the package (one device package, only one (any) device at a time).

2 hours ago, Biker19 said:

You can buy as many devices package as you want and share with anyone you want, up to the limit of the package (one device package, only one (any) device at a time).

Thank you, but I'm still a bit confused. Currently my cruise planner shows the Voom package as:

"$16.99 per guest per day"

Since we're two guests in the cabin, but just one of us and one device will be using the Voom service, will we be paying $16.99 per day, or $33.98 per day?

Sorry for the confusion..

On 6/28/2023 at 1:27 PM, Mum2Mercury said:

So....how is this managed?

I am booked on Liberty of the Seas in November with my husband and our daughter....will her bunk or pull out just be left open the whole time?