I thought I wouldn't miss 2x a day room cleaning... I was wrong.

1 minute ago, lovesthebeach2 said:

Where do I find this on the app? Do I need to be connected to their wifi to use this? 
thanks

Same question as I tried to find it by choosing a ship out now (Main RCL Ap) but didn't see anything under services?

18 minutes ago, lovesthebeach2 said:

Where do I find this on the app? Do I need to be connected to their wifi to use this? 
thanks

Open the app
Go to wellcome aboard  and tap
Scroll down  to stateroom  requests are just a tap away
Tap on see more
Must be connected to ships WiFi

We tried this 4 times on Explorer of the Seas, the app stated that selected  items  would to delivered  within  one hour, never arrived

Screenshot_20230706_150144_Royal.jpg

Screenshot_20230706_150202_Royal.jpg

Edited by sowhat
  • Thanks 2

20 hours ago, BND said:

You can hang towels to dry and reuse them.  Lots of people do.

Unless you end up with one of those showers where it is impossible to keep the water IN the shower, and not all over the bathroom floor. Then the towels add to the bathmat to keep the floor dry. 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Kiki and The Noush said:

So, if there are multiple people in your house, how do you know which towel belongs to which person?  Do you all have your own special color?  Your own special hook?

Master bath in my house, so not used by guests. I have my towel rack, wife has hers. My towels are all tan, hers vary. Mine are also monogrammed with my initials. Not too difficult in my household to tell towels apart 🤪

5 minutes ago, RedIguana said:

Unless you end up with one of those showers where it is impossible to keep the water IN the shower, and not all over the bathroom floor. Then the towels add to the bathmat to keep the floor dry. 

Ah…that’s why I bring lots of magnets, for showers that still have the dreaded shower curtain that won’t keep the water inside.

• Like 2

If I can ask for more towels (if needed) via the ap (and get them) and can ask to have the ceiling bed dropped later in the day (or have the sofa bed pulled out and set up later in the day)... I am fine with a once-a-day.

Those that compare 'reusing' a towel on a ship to at home for a few days.... NO WAY!!!!

If I am working around the yard, or if it's an unusually humid day in NJ (like today), I do NOT simply reuse a towel and can just throw it in the washer.  On the ship, if I run or sweat.... I therefore DO need a new one.  That's not being 'entitled' but rather simple wanting to dry off with a clean, not smelly, towel!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sowhat said:

Where do you leave the damp used  towels and bath mats
I would not like them sitting around for hours, does the cabin stewards  remove  them when requested  or just leave them on the balcony  to dry.

Leave them in the hallway with the used room service trays and dishes 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, not-enough-cruising said:

Leave them in the hallway with the used room service trays and dishes 

That just makes the ship look cheap and nasty.
I hate  to see food waste and used  plates lying on floor in corridors, reminds of 1star motels
By the way did you see my post how to request  items on the Royal caribbean app?

So people will reuse toothbrushes, razors, and make up brushes? They'll reuse cutlery after it's been in your mouth? They'll sit on couches, loungers, and theater seats that are rarely, if ever cleaned? 

But reusing your own towel after you shower? That's where you draw the line. That's the definition of disgusting?

To quote 80's band Gowan "Man, you're a strange animal"

I know, I know my comparison isn't "apples to apples"

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Kiki and The Noush said:

I do find it disgusting.  Let's assume you took a shower about 20  minutes ago, you're still clean, right?  Now, I want you to run upstairs to the bathroom, drop your drawers, take a wad of toilet paper and rub it really vigorously between your butt cheeks.  Now, take that same wad of toilet paper and rub it all over your  face.  Why not?  It is clean, isn't it?  Yeah.. you do you, and I will continue to use a fresh towel every.single.time.  

Do you really shove your towel up your butt?

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Kiki and The Noush said:

No drama here.  I do laundry 2 or 3 times a week.  There are 2 people in my household and we each use at least 1 towel and 1 washcloth per day each.  Sometimes more.  So, if there are multiple people in your house, how do you know which towel belongs to which person?  Do you all have your own special color?  Your own special hook?  I also put out fresh towels in the kitchen every day and put yesterday's in the laundry.  I'm pretty fanatical about sheets as well 🙂  And yes, someone can reuse their towel one time, just not me lol.

We are a family of 7 with one shower, clean towels get hung in the bathroom, everyone has a door hook in their bedroom to hang towels. I can’t even imagine how much laundry I’d have with 7 people using at least one towel a day!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, mjkacmom said:

We are a family of 7 with one shower, clean towels get hung in the bathroom, everyone has a door hook in their bedroom to hang towels. I can’t even imagine how much laundry I’d have with 7 people using at least one towel a day!

That would definitely be a LOT of laundry!  I would still use fresh towels lol

Just now, mjkacmom said:

I pat I guess, but not shoving a towel up my butt. How do you dry off after swimming?

After getting out of the pool, I dry off with a pool towel.. and then go back to my cabin and take a shower to get rid of the chemicals and dry off w/ a clean towel.  

• Like 1

18 hours ago, GetToLivin said:

By saying what exactly? DH and I work out 1x a day, then if it's a port day, shower before dinner. How is that beneath anything? It's okay I don't want to use a damp towel, why does that bother you?

Yep, I shower more on a cruise because of using sunscreen and hitting the gym every day.  I also have very thick hair so and towels don't always dry in time and I don't want to use damp ones either.  I may just start grabbing extra pool towels and using those and swapping them out later if I run into any problem swapping out towels.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, ShillyShally said:

Yep, I shower more on a cruise because of using sunscreen and hitting the gym every day.  I also have very thick hair so and towels don't always dry in time and I don't want to use damp ones either.  I may just start grabbing extra pool towels and using those and swapping them out later if I run into any problem swapping out towels.

Never thought of that....Thank you, as that may be PLAN B if I can't get the replacement towels (if needed) via the ap.  I don't have a pool either and never thought about the chlorine?  I might shower even more now. 

10 minutes ago, Happytime22 said:

Never thought of that....Thank you, as that may be PLAN B if I can't get the replacement towels (if needed) via the ap.  I don't have a pool either and never thought about the chlorine?  I might shower even more now. 

I'm hoping I won't need to, but did have to resort to it at a recent hotel conference.  I'm never trying to be difficult but at home I can dry towels more easily and/or do laundry if needed, and on vacation I prefer to feel more on vacation so no extra thought and minimal effort lol!

It would be awesome if they opened a housekeeping station for an hour in the morning and evening on each deck - even if just to dump used towels in a bin and ask for new ones.  I know that would likely be seen as we have to do things ourselves but that would be easy enough to just go swap and not worry about requesting.  I know logistically that may not be feasible but I'm all about finding an efficient solution that doesn't add more burden on the crew.  Then again Royal isn't asking me for my help lol!

21 hours ago, Kiki and The Noush said:

Maybe lots of people do, but not this girl...nope!  I don't reuse towels at home and I'm not going to on vacation.  To some, it might be 'green' or whatever, to me - the thought is disgusting.  

WHAT??? You use a new towel every day at home? That's insane and really irresponsible. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Scottdalfonso said:

WHAT??? You use a new towel every day at home? That's insane and really irresponsible. 

Irresponsible?  Really?  You want to go there?  I pay my bills, if you were paying them for me, you might get a vote.  Unless you ride a bicycle to the port...oh wait, is that cruise ship 100% environmentally friendly?   You better be absolutely perfect before you call me irresponsible for using a fresh, clean towel each day.

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, ShillyShally said:

I'm hoping I won't need to, but did have to resort to it at a recent hotel conference.  I'm never trying to be difficult but at home I can dry towels more easily and/or do laundry if needed, and on vacation I prefer to feel more on vacation so no extra thought and minimal effort lol!

It would be awesome if they opened a housekeeping station for an hour in the morning and evening on each deck - even if just to dump used towels in a bin and ask for new ones.  I know that would likely be seen as we have to do things ourselves but that would be easy enough to just go swap and not worry about requesting.  I know logistically that may not be feasible but I'm all about finding an efficient solution that doesn't add more burden on the crew.  Then again Royal isn't asking me for my help lol!

I can just see the outrage now...  

1 hour ago, RedIguana said:

This happened to us! Those darn shower curtain! 

5 minutes ago, Kiki and The Noush said:

Irresponsible?  Really?  You want to go there?  I pay my bills, if you were paying them for me, you might get a vote.  Unless you ride a bicycle to the port...oh wait, is that cruise ship 100% environmentally friendly?   You better be absolutely perfect before you call me irresponsible for using a fresh, clean towel each day.

Just seems like over kill, but if it makes you feel better, then go ahead and do it. I can't imagine doing that much laundry, lol.  Same on the ship- there are hooks and a shower door that towels can hang on to dry, I'd never ask for a new towel every single day. 

1 hour ago, sowhat said:

That just makes the ship look cheap and nasty.
I hate  to see food waste and used  plates lying on floor in corridors, reminds of 1star motels
By the way did you see my post how to request  items on the Royal caribbean app?

Yes I saw your post, it doesn’t matter if you can request, what matters is do they follow through, and in my experience they never do.