Chatbots on P&O

5 minutes ago, Dorset cruise fan said:

Has anyone tried phoning P&O recently? Instead of the usual press 1, press 2 etc I had to contend with a chatbot who sounded human but clearly wasn't as couldn't answer questions. Didn't know how to get through to a real person.

Not sure it works with P&O but the last time I spoke to one (not P&O) ..

Bot   How can I help ?   Me  total silence . Bot Sorry I did not get that  . Me  total silence .

This went on for over a minute....     Bot putting you through to an agent now 

Same with recordings of to speak to Blah press one...  but don't.

Sometimes you may get cut off  but worth a try .

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, Dorset cruise fan said:

Has anyone tried phoning P&O recently? Instead of the usual press 1, press 2 etc I had to contend with a chatbot who sounded human but clearly wasn't as couldn't answer questions. Didn't know how to get through to a real person.

Did this chatbot by any chance answer to the name of Paul and tell you that 99% of all P&O customers said they preferred dealing with a chatbot?

• Haha 18

I was caught out by her the first time, starting a conversation about how quickly she answered the phone. Our lass just looked at me and sighed!🙄

One of the cruise consultants on Arvia did tell me her name, but I can't remember what it was. 99% of P&O guests would be satisfied if it was Paula 😉

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, Dorset cruise fan said:

I phoned P&O the begining of May on 0345 355 5111 and got the chatbot too. I then tried 0800 052 3840 and got a real person. I don't know if it's still the same, but worth a try. Hope you manage to get through.

Avril

• Like 1

I just said I wanted to cancel my cruise - the chat bot said did I want to cancel or move it so I just started a story and ‘she’ said ‘cancel or move’ so then I just said cancel and ‘she’ put me through to a human!

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

I phoned P&O the begining of May on 0345 355 5111 and got the chatbot too. I then tried 0800 052 3840 and got a real person. I don't know if it's still the same, but worth a try. Hope you manage to get through.

Avril

Ring, ring.

"This is Paul your friendly P&O chatbot, how may I help?"

"Na then me owd mucker ar at a? bit o bother wi mi bookin".

"I will put you through to one of our agents"

simples

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

Ring, Ring...

"Hello, welcome to P&O Cruises, my name's Paul.  How can I help you?"

I want to complain about my cruise...

"Oh, I'm sorry to hear that, your feedback is really important to us.  Did you know that 99% of customers on your cruise had a great time?"

...what?...how do you know about my booking?

"Did you say "want to book another cruise?"

No.

"Sorry, I don't understand.  I'll try and transfer your call, wait a moment...our offices are now closed.  Goodbye!"

• Haha 6