How strict is the dress code onboard?

RonWL

On one cruise we befriended a couple - they were a little bit older than us and looked bohemian which we like as we come from what you might call a cultural/media background.  We enjoyed several dinners with them.  They turned out to be Lord  and Lady Cobbold, owners of Knebworth House, one of the UK's biggest stately homes which sits on a vast estate north of London.  Several years before Lord Cobbold introduced the idea of a rock concert in his Park which became a sort of Glastonbury style event - he and his wife had many stories about the rock stars who performed for them and also various artists who visited Knebworth, including nearish neighbour Stanley Kubrick who filmed there with Tom Cruise.  Every day and every night for dinner Lord Cobbold - or David as we called him - wore exactly the same thing, jeans and a Pink Floyd t-shirt.

You can't tell a book by its cover.

Edited by Fletcher
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Fletcher said:

On one cruise we befriended a couple - they were a little bit older than us and looked bohemian which we like as we come from what you might call a cultural/media background.  We enjoyed several dinners with them.  They turned out to be Lord  and Lady Cobbold, owners of Knebworth House, one of the UK's biggest stately homes which sits on a vast estate north of London.  Several years before Lord Cobbold introduced the idea of a rock concert in his Park which became a sort of Glastonbury style event - he and his wife had many stories about the rock stars who performed for them and also various artists who visited Knebworth, including nearish neighbour Stanley Kubrick who filmed there with Tom Cruise.  Every day and every night for dinner Lord Cobbold - or David as we called him - wore exactly the same thing, jeans and a Pink Floyd t-shirt.

You can't tell a book by its cover.

Now that is a great story……….

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, bitob said:

Confirmed 

formal nights

tie only needed in Atlantide and la dame 

jacket sufficient everywhere else on board 

leave the tie home if you want to

I'll bring three ties.

I wouldn't want to be seen wearing the same one twice.

• Haha 2

29 minutes ago, Mr Luxury said:

I would hope that you would.

I would notice if you had worn that dress more than once.😉

Would never happen. That’s why I’m an over packer. I told you we are kindred spirits 

I am convinced that many cruisers just don’t do research. They have no idea what the dress code is or that it differs from cruise line to cruise line   I doubt these people are deliberately trying to flaunt the dress code. Easy to bring a sport jacket 

• Like 2