Reserve Mini suite vs. full suite

Does anyone know the perks that we would not get with the Reserve Mini suite vs. a full suite?  I believe there is a breakfast area that isnt included and access to the concierge lounge.  Those two things arent deal breakers for us, or at least not worth an extra $2k per cabin to move to a premium suite.  Anything else im missing?

Thanks

Full suites get a free Specialty Restaurant dinner the first night.  Some (not all) ships, give full suite passengers free Enclave in the Spa.  It was a perk when we were on Royal Princess in March, but not on Enchanted.  You won't know that until you board.

Below is the flyer showing full suite benefits. Some benefits are connected to the ship being booked. For example the soon to be launched Sun Princess will have some exclusive areas and DR for full suite passengers. Royal Class ships have a concierge lounge. Some newer ships have the 360 dining experience. All ships will have the special full suite breakfast and reserve class dining.

https://www.princess.com/downloads/pdf/ships/PrincessSuite_eFlyer.pdf

The basic benefit of a reserve class mini suite is reserve class dining. There are just a few other what I consider minor benefits.

https://www.princess.com/downloads/pdf/ships/reserve-collection/reserve-collection-overview-eflyer.pdf

35 minutes ago, skynight said:

Below is the flyer showing full suite benefits. Some benefits are connected to the ship being booked. For example the soon to be launched Sun Princess will have some exclusive areas and DR for full suite passengers. Royal Class ships have a concierge lounge. Some newer ships have the 360 dining experience. All ships will have the special full suite breakfast and reserve class dining.

https://www.princess.com/downloads/pdf/ships/PrincessSuite_eFlyer.pdf

The basic benefit of a reserve class mini suite is reserve class dining. There are just a few other what I consider minor benefits.

https://www.princess.com/downloads/pdf/ships/reserve-collection/reserve-collection-overview-eflyer.pdf

Thank you so much, exactly what i needed.

Thx again

30 minutes ago, 20165 said:

Thank you so much, exactly what i needed.

Thx again

Our $.02. First, while not listed as a benefit, with the exception of the new Sun and Star, consider stateroom size.  The suites (and the bathrooms in particular) are larger than a RC Mini Suite.  Also, for Captain's Circle, remember a cruise in a full suite counts as 2 cruises while a RC mini counts as one.

For us, the larger staterooms, the suite breakfast, the free specialty dining on embarkation night and free laundry (we use it from day one to get our pre cruise stuff done and use it frequently during the cruise allowing us to pack less) makes the suite a good choice for us.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Thanks Everyone for your help and we decided to go with the full suite per your answer above.  A bit pricy, but my family needs some pampering after our last cruise fiasco...

Thanks again

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, vakamalua said:

Is there a limit on the laundry service that is included with a suite?

No. Everyone in the suite can send as much out as they like. We generally send our a couple of bags every few days 

thats a great perk.  We usually spend about $200 per cruise to send out laundry because we hate it laying around the room.  Maybe i can convince my wife to pack less.  Not likely...

My wife and I on the Ruby Princess to Alaska in Sept and have a full suite.   You only have a 40th wedding anniversary once!    Is there an actual concierge lounge on the Ruby?   I've read that it's just a section of the Skywalkers lounge but I'm not sure.

And I'm HOPING that the free laundry service will keep my wife from packing as much - though I doubt it.

18 minutes ago, marden1970 said:

@20165Just beware - once you've been in a suite it is hard to go back.🙂

I know, not just 1, but 2 because we wanted our sons to have the same services.  I will say, even the two suites came out to be around the price of an AI we were looking at as an alternative if we werent able to book this cruise. However, i am going to have to take a second mortgage on my house to pay for it...

Edited by 20165
spelling
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, EvilGrandpa said:

My wife and I on the Ruby Princess to Alaska in Sept and have a full suite.   You only have a 40th wedding anniversary once!    Is there an actual concierge lounge on the Ruby?   I've read that it's just a section of the Skywalkers lounge but I'm not sure.

And I'm HOPING that the free laundry service will keep my wife from packing as much - though I doubt it.

The concierge lounge only exists on Royal class ships. Nothing like it on the Ruby. The area of Skywalkers you are hearing about is the elite/suite cocktail /snack area

@20165 Consider it, not as a mortgage, but a deduction from your sons' inheritance.  They will be the beneficiaries.  

@memoak  I am still waiting to hear from someone regarding the "new" service for suite passengers on the Grand Class ships.  There was a "hint" that it would be part of the separation of duties between the Loyalty Officer's and Future Cruise Department.

1 hour ago, 20165 said:

I know, not just 1, but 2 because we wanted our sons to have the same services.  I will say, even the two suites came out to be around the price of an AI we were looking at as an alternative if we werent able to book this cruise. However, i am going to have to take a second mortgage on my house to pay for it...

43 minutes ago, memoak said:

The concierge lounge only exists on Royal class ships. Nothing like it on the Ruby. The area of Skywalkers you are hearing about is the elite/suite cocktail /snack area

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, RoperDK said:

Just confirming that a full suite gets double loyalty points?  That is what RCCL does and we really enjoy that perk.  It would tip the scales to a full suite for us!

Yes, you will get 2 loyalty points.  But once you make it to Elite, it is pretty much useless.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, RoperDK said:

Just confirming that a full suite gets double loyalty points?  That is what RCCL does and we really enjoy that perk.  It would tip the scales to a full suite for us!

You do, unless you bid for an upgrade to it or take an up sell to it. 🙂

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, memoak said:

The concierge lounge only exists on Royal class ships. Nothing like it on the Ruby.

Even without a lounge, they ought to have a Concierge.  Thought I read someone's post where they were going to add this position to non-RC ships??

• Like 2