Cooler/Refrigerators in INSIDE cabins of GRANDEUR

I'm told that INSIDE cabins on GRANDEUR do NOT have a chiller/cooler/refrigerator (whatever you want to call it.)  We've been on Grandeur several times, but never in an inside cabin.  I thought all cabins on all ships had chillers, but I was recently told otherwise. 

Can someone who has knowledge of inside cabins on GRANDEUR respond?  

Thanks

M

A couple years ago we did not have a cooler in an OV cabin but were able to request one.    They placed it in the closet.     If you need one, ask when you board and you may be able to get one.   If you need a medical refrigerator for medicine you can email the special needs dept or fill out their online form.   

Just now, Sunshine3601 said:

A couple years ago we did not have a cooler in an OV cabin but were able to request one.    They placed it in the closet.     If you need one, ask when you board and you may be able to get one.   If you need a medical refrigerator for medicine you can email the special needs dept or fill out their online form.   

Thanks for the info - don't need a medical fridge.   Just want to keep a few beverages cold. Not sure I want to take up closet space.  We'll be fine with the little cooler bag; it is only a week. 

M

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cruisegirl1 said:

Thanks for the info - don't need a medical fridge.   Just want to keep a few beverages cold. Not sure I want to take up closet space.  We'll be fine with the little cooler bag; it is only a week. 

M

Insides are seriously small lol. I did grandeur last year to get pts for the DP340. I had a chair in front of the mirror area right before the bathroom. I finally picked it up and put it back at the end of my closet and put that little table there. One cabin the chair was missing. ..its in the way. 

Interiors say 136 sf. Seemed smaller.

Thanks for the warning. I know it is painfully small, and a type of cabin we rarely if ever book. 

An opportunity came along, and it was the inside cabin, or no cruise at all. I know some say no cruise at all, but it will be fine.   The cabin location is good. 

We have quite a few cruises coming up with lovely accommodations.

The cruise  will be fun, we like most of the ports. I have a high school friend who lives in Roatan and she always provides us with the royal treatment when we visit.  

m

• Like 3

On board. Cabin is way larger than we expected with more than ample storage. Nice deep drawers in the dresser. 

We have one if the RCCL plastic buckets to chill beverages and the standard ice bucket.  No issues at all. 

Cabin wasn’t even as dark as we expected. There was enough light coming either through the door frame from plugged in technology. 

No regrets  

m

• Like 3

On 7/10/2023 at 12:37 AM, Another_Critic said:

The exception being Enchantment ... inside & OV in the stretched section have coolers AND shower doors!

This.  Our friends were with us on EN in an OV in April and had a cooler.  We were in a JS.  I have seen several videos of insides on Vision class and you can see there are no coolers.

We sailed with an interior on Grandeur back in May.  It was our first interior and my wife was concerned about the room, we enjoyed it just fine.  That said we spend very little time in the room so perhaps that is why.  

Having sailed in inside cabins on all three Vision-class ships, I found them to be more than adequate for our needs, and SO MUCH less expensive. We were able to keep things cool in our ice bucket.

We did discover that the ones that are oriented "sideways" (the bed against a side wall rather than the back wall) are less conveniently configured. 

Edited by schlimazel_traveler
  • Like 1

On 7/9/2023 at 7:56 PM, cruisegirl1 said:

An opportunity came along, and it was the inside cabin, or no cruise at all. I know some say no cruise at all, but it will be fine

Never say no cruise at all!!!

An inside cabin on a small ship is better than any day not on a ship. 🙂