Late night food options return to Carnival

Joebucks

1 hour ago, shof515 said:

hopefully this means a reduce line for pizza after 11pm . carnival has slowest pizza line at night compare to other cruise lines

Not on Celebration.  They had a system and it moved unless you wanted something special

• Like 3

This is good news. Lots of times on my last cruise I was looking for cookies after 10 pm. They weren’t out but a crew member always offered to get some. I hate to ask someone who’s cleaning to stop and get cookies.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, AllgoodOnTheRoad said:

Unfortunately, when this is open and how late on each ship will be a variable decided by Carnival according to John Heald. 

Well that’s rather a bummer. It would be nice if it was consistent so you’d know if your sailing would have it or not.  I’m very glad it’s an option just hoping at least most ships do it.

46 minutes ago, momof3cruisers said:

Well that’s rather a bummer. It would be nice if it was consistent so you’d know if your sailing would have it or not.  I’m very glad it’s an option just hoping at least most ships do it.

I interpret it as the hours are variable, not whether they are going to have it or not.

And it makes sense that each ship would have discretion about how late they keep it open, just as they have discretion on how late they keep bars open.  A two-week Journeys cruise probably doesn't have many people awake at 2 a.m.; why should they waste food and crew resources if almost no one is still up?  A 3 or 4 day cruise is going to have far more people up very late, and my guess is the late night food options will reflect that.

• Like 6

26 minutes ago, staceyglow said:

I interpret it as the hours are variable, not whether they are going to have it or not.

And it makes sense that each ship would have discretion about how late they keep it open, just as they have discretion on how late they keep bars open.  A two-week Journeys cruise probably doesn't have many people awake at 2 a.m.; why should they waste food and crew resources if almost no one is still up?  A 3 or 4 day cruise is going to have far more people up very late, and my guess is the late night food options will reflect that.

Yeah that makes sense to me. Time will tell.

I am inordinately excited that hot dogs are back on the late night menu...silly or not, my wife and I have very fond memories of eating hot dogs and chicken tenders at the buffet on our honeymoon cruise after getting out of the comedy club (we'd take the rear stairs to beat the crowd lol), years ago now on Fantasy.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, staceyglow said:

It was available most night, albeit with a few more items, most nights of the Carnival Venezia Transatlantic Journeys cruise. I even saw people still in their elegant night clothes partaking.