Deployment 2025-26 booking season begins

49 minutes ago, cruiseboy89130 said:

Indy does not have that for a balcony!

Royal considers (or at least used to) some of the Aft cabins obstructed, we had a GTY a few years ago and got 6710 which was classed as obstructed and it was partially by the rear structure but it had a great large balcony.

Just now, Tin can said:

Royal considers (or at least used to) some of the Aft cabins obstructed, we had a GTY a few years ago and got 6710 which was classed as obstructed and it was partially by the rear structure but it had a great large balcony.

That one is now an extra category and $$$$ you will never get that as a GUA!

1 hour ago, cruiseboy89130 said:

That one is now an extra category and $$$$ you will never get that as a GUA!

You're right it's probably a 'Sunset View' now and $$$ , it was a long time ago and we couldn't believe our luck at the time. 

I looked at doing the Fjords for 2025 but we are now only doing 1 cruise per year and it was a lot of running around for just 7 nights on a ship with trains, planes and hotels etc. Did look at a B2B in 2025 but we would need to keep the same room as my wife is now not in good heath so the days of running around like mad are over for us.

Shame as we tried to to the Fjords on the Anthem in 2021 but due to Covid rules in Norway we were not allowed to go so ended up being a UK only cruise - did get a JS out of it though so not too bad! Probably won't get there now in time before cruise ships get banned.

The 12 night Canaries cruise is also during her birthday so we get an extra bottle of wine in our cabin too! - No, really, sometimes 7 nights for us is just not enough and goes by so quickly and sometimes 14 nights can drag and after 11 nights we are ready to go home, so the 12 night cruise is just perfect for us.

To be fair, for the price it is not that bad, in fact I was expecting it to be much much more given how everything is still going up at the moment.

Its a shame Lanzarote isn't included, but we do get Bilbao which is somewhere where we have tried to get to before but the weather in the Bay of Biscay has prevented it, so hopefully by going in May rather than October (when we used to sail on the Indy) should result in us finally getting there.

Mick.

Edited by Mick B
spelling

33 minutes ago, Mick B said:

I looked at doing the Fjords for 2025 but we are now only doing 1 cruise per year and it was a lot of running around for just 7 nights on a ship with trains, planes and hotels etc.

We looked at the Fjords for 2025 and others may disagree but I think Haugesund and Skjolden (as lovely as it is) are not the best ports to visit. 

30 minutes ago, Tin can said:

We looked at the Fjords for 2025 and others may disagree but I think Haugesund and Skjolden (as lovely as it is) are not the best ports to visit. 

Hello,

Presuming you survive the trek from the ship to Haugesund town (unless you brought a team of huskies or an electric mobility scooter), apart from shops there is not much to see.

Regards,

Cublet

1 hour ago, Tin can said:

DD and I did the fjords last year. Of our four ports - Bergen, Olden, Geirganger and Haugesund - Haugesund was the bust. It's not somewhere we'd be interested in revisiting. It's only saving grace for us was an amazing cupcake cafe. We agreed that if we ever did have a port stop there again, we'd only get off for a coffee and a cupcake!

37 minutes ago, cublet said:

Hello,

Presuming you survive the trek from the ship to Haugesund town (unless you brought a team of huskies or an electric mobility scooter), apart from shops there is not much to see.

Regards,

Cublet

Have you thought of getting a job with the Haugesund tourism board??!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

17 hours ago, Jimbo said:

I posted this on another thread, why not try something like this, rather then a cruise.

I'm beginning to think since Royal really doesn't have anything that great for 2025, maybe do something like this. I think any cruise that doesn't have Flam or Geiranger really isn't going to be that great, like we would be missing the boat. Why not do Norway by Rail/Land?

https://www.vacationsbyrail.com/tours/arctic-circle-express-scandinavia/

I have the Fjords covered in 2024 with a great itinerary so I'm good.  Doing a big train trip in Canada next year too.

Really enjoyed an expedition cruise on Silversea.  Looking at Seabourn to give them a shot.  

Sampling lines and vacations beyond Royal.  I've never had a bad Royal cruise but just as I grew out of Carnival a while ago, I may be growing beyond what Royal can do for me now.   I never had a bad Carnival cruise either.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Gerbilicous said:

We’ve been waiting for these 2025 ones to drop and I was just looking at one and the Fjord one to do back to back. But Royals site is saying no rooms for 2 ppl on the 7n Fjord and that 8 night one keeps erroring out. Guess will try again tomorrow. 

I wanted one of the corner aft rooms on deck 7. It is a sunset balcony, but the same price as an ocean view balcony. I had to book 3 people in the room to see availability. I added a third person who will be a no show. A trick I learned here on CC. Yes it cost a little more than 2 in a balcony, but it’s worth it to me. And we booked an inside cabin for our daughter a few doors down, and overall it was a great price compared to getting a two room suite, and even better than two balcony rooms. The balcony will be worth it!

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, erinsmom03 said:

I wanted one of the corner aft rooms on deck 7. It is a sunset balcony, but the same price as an ocean view balcony. I had to book 3 people in the room to see availability. I added a third person who will be a no show. A trick I learned here on CC. Yes it cost a little more than 2 in a balcony, but it’s worth it to me. And we booked an inside cabin for our daughter a few doors down, and overall it was a great price compared to getting a two room suite, and even better than two balcony rooms. The balcony will be worth it!

Can't you just drop the third person just before final payment and not pay for the third person, even if rebooked for 2 it has to be less then you are paying for 3 doesn't it?

I doubt at that late stage they would throw you out of that aft cabin.

Edited by Jimbo
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Can't you just drop the third person just before final payment and not pay for the third person, even if rebooked for 2 it has to be less then you are paying for 3 doesn't it?

I doubt at that late stage they would throw you out of that aft cabin.

If they have opened up the category so that it is available to book with 2 people then yes you can drop the third guest however if it is still only for triples or quads yes there is a very high probability that they will make you move cabins to a double occupancy and you would be repriced.

1 hour ago, twangster said:

I have the Fjords covered in 2024 with a great itinerary so I'm good.  Doing a big train trip in Canada next year too.

Really enjoyed an expedition cruise on Silversea.  Looking at Seabourn to give them a shot.  

Sampling lines and vacations beyond Royal.  I've never had a bad Royal cruise but just as I grew out of Carnival a while ago, I may be growing beyond what Royal can do for me now.   I never had a bad Carnival cruise either.  

I assume you must have either May 2024 or July 2024 on Jewel then. The sailings with both  Geiranger and Flam on them.

We have the May 2024 booked but not sure we are going to be able to do this trip in 2024. Was hoping to push it further out to 2025 on itinerary just like the one in May, But so far Royal has not come through for us. So not sure what we are going to do.

1 minute ago, Ourusualbeach said:

If they have opened up the category so that it is available to book with 2 people then yes you can drop the third guest however if it is still only for triples or quads yes there is a very high probability that they will make you move cabins to a double occupancy and you would be repriced.

We have done that way back when, so I guess they are catching up to that by now.  Personally ourselves we would never pay for that third person to have one of those aft cabins, we would just book something on the side for 2. That's just us though, we have had lots of those aft cabins before so they are not that big of deal to us anymore.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, MechE31 said:

We booked our first ever B2B doing northern and fjords on Independence.

The prices were cheaper than a Caribbean sailing and I can normally get flights on points.

I’m booking this later today.  We’re on Mariner and I have an appointment at next cruise!  We’ve never been to any of the ports and it sounds great.

1 minute ago, ATG said:

I’m booking this later today.  We’re on Mariner and I have an appointment at next cruise!  We’ve never been to any of the ports and it sounds great.

Be aware that group rates do exist for these sailings.

• Like 1

Does Royal hold back cabins?  I am interested in a specific category on the Allure, Cat 1A Ultra Spacious Balcony, and it has been showing sold out since release I believe.  I find it hard to believe all those sold out the day of release on Deck 11, it just shows the aft balconies near the rock climbing wall.  

2 hours ago, andreasfcb said:

Does anybody have the official documents (PDF) of all European cruises in 2025? I have only seen partial screenshots in this thread, but I would like to see and print the documents to get a better overview.

Check out this link and you will find them all here. They are under the heading 2025-2026, beneath the map.

https://loyaltoyoualways.com/deployment/

Edited by Jumping Cruiser
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, amindu said:

Does Royal hold back cabins?  I am interested in a specific category on the Allure, Cat 1A Ultra Spacious Balcony, and it has been showing sold out since release I believe.  I find it hard to believe all those sold out the day of release on Deck 11, it just shows the aft balconies near the rock climbing wall.  

I’ve read some reports of them holding back stock. We’ve used the 1A before on Oasis class and I think there are only five of them so it’s not impossible that they’re gone, especially if it’s peak season. 

8 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Thanks Ken. I will try to check before final payment to see if they’ve opened. This will be the first cruise our daughter is old enough to be in her own room, so I went for it, didn’t want to miss getting to try one of those two rooms.