Need one spot on a booked cruise! Independence of the Seas (August 4, 2023)

With the size of our family, we booked two rooms. All the information for one room got sent to my husband.. which he didn't see and the deposit didn't get paid so our 2nd room got cancelled. I have a room with 3 kids and now my husband isn't able to come. We are on the waitlist for a room but I haven't heard anything. Does anyone have any tips???

I kid, I kid. I'd be surprised if a room didn't pop up before the cruise. My July 31st sailing was 100% sold out of everything from inside through balcony for about 4 months (10 months for the insides and ocean views), but 3 weeks before the cruise, several rooms opened up. 

Edited by ARandomTraveler

2 hours ago, richiemm said:

The issue is that our room is at capacity. Me +3 kids. We need 2 rooms for our family of 5.  

2 hours ago, Kiki and The Noush said:

I would be in a total panic.  I really hope you can work this out! Please keep us updated.

4 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

All the categories are listed as closed for that sailing.  There us not even the ability to even waitlist cabins.  

See post from @Ourusualbeach he's a travel agent and can see room availability on the ship that the rest of us can't see. 

I think you're gonna have to either leave the husband at home, or lose 75% of your cruise fare (unless you have travel insurance) and book a different cruise. 

Or, if there's 1 kid that's young enough that they wouldn't care that they missed the trip, and you have a relative at home who wouldn't mind sacrificing a week of their time to watch them, you could swap passengers and get your husband on the ship and leave 1 kid at home. 

Super disappointing situation. I'd be furious. But also wondering why you'd have the reservations sent to 2 different email addresses, and why there was zero communication between the two of you with sharing booking numbers and receipts from deposits etc. One of you should have noticed that this didn't get done a long time ago.

Edited by ARandomTraveler

14 minutes ago, ARandomTraveler said:

See post from @Ourusualbeach he's a travel agent and can see room availability on the ship that the rest of us can't see. 

I think you're gonna have to either leave the husband at home, or lose 75% of your cruise fare (unless you have travel insurance) and book a different cruise. 

Or, if there's 1 kid that's young enough that they wouldn't care that they missed the trip, and you have a relative at home who wouldn't mind sacrificing a week of their time to watch them, you could swap passengers and get your husband on the ship and leave 1 kid at home. 

Super disappointing situation. I'd be furious. But also wondering why you'd have the reservations sent to 2 different email addresses, and why there was zero communication between the two of you with sharing booking numbers and receipts from deposits etc. One of you should have noticed that this didn't get done a long time ago.

Travel agents can't see the cabins Royal is holding back though.....Pretty good bet there are still cabins available but Royal just isn't releasing them yet. They may still be filling out  GTY bookings.

Still 16 days to go before that ship sails. Some people will  also cancel for one reason or another too to open up some cabins.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Travel agents can't see the cabins Royal is holding back though.....Pretty good bet there are still cabins available but Royal just isn't releasing them yet. They may still be filling out  GTY bookings.

Still 16 days to go before that ship sails. Some people will  also cancel for one reason or another too to open up some cabins.

We can see this though and the entire sailing is closed.  Extremely rare that once a sailing is closed that it ever opens up again.  Usually all categories are waitlisted if there is a chance of rooms being added.

image.thumb.png.c62b7e12ae7b852d9be675aaa68efdd3.png

• Like 3

As a person who has 3 cabins booked on an upcoming cruise, I want to make sure this doesn't happen to us, so please excuse the questions. 

I was under the impression that when I go in to pay the final payment in a couple of months, I will have to input each reservation number separately to pay online. Or if I call, I will have to provide each reservation number.  Were you able to pay for the 2nd cabin at final payment and now it is not showing?  Did final payment reflect the amount of the 2 cabins?  I know how much each cabin is so I want to make sure that if my total paid equals all 3 cabins that somehow it is not cancelled.

6 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

You cannot pay for 3 cabins at once.  They each get paid separately.

Thanks! 

That is what I figured. I was confused that the OP is past final payment and is just now seeing their 2nd cabin was not paid for. Didn't they have to pay for it at final payment?

I have each individual payment blocked out on my budget tracking software so I can reconcile each individual payment for each cabin. I was concerned I might be doing something wrong. 

13 hours ago, cruiseguy1016 said:

Go on the roll call for your sailing and see if anyone has an open bed they'd be willing to share. 😃

This actually might be a good idea. Someone might be willing to add him to their room for a fee, and then he can sleep in the room with your family.

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, richiemm said:

I would totally be willing to do that! One of the kids can sleep on the floor. Do you know if there are forums that people connect before a cruise? To see if I could throw it out there to someone?

There's no roll call for that sailing on cruise critic. If you get crafty with social media, you can likely find a group

20 hours ago, cruiseguy1016 said:

Go on the roll call for your sailing and see if anyone has an open bed they'd be willing to share. 😃

7 hours ago, ARandomTraveler said:

This actually might be a good idea. Someone might be willing to add him to their room for a fee, and then he can sleep in the room with your family.

1 hour ago, richiemm said:

I would totally be willing to do that! One of the kids can sleep on the floor. Do you know if there are forums that people connect before a cruise? To see if I could throw it out there to someone?

30 minutes ago, MiniChunks said:

There's no roll call for that sailing on cruise critic. If you get crafty with social media, you can likely find a group

The OP should call Royal first.  As the sailing is completely closed there most likely will not even be an option to add another guest to an existing stateroom.

26 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

The OP should call Royal first.  As the sailing is completely closed there most likely will not even be an option to add another guest to an existing stateroom.

Aaaaaand this is why I leave it to the expert. OP should find a good travel agent 🙂

Do you mean final payment?

There have been threads in the past where people missed the final payment and their room or room category was gone and Michael Bayley's office was able to help them.

Can't hurt to try. Explain the situation and see if there's anything they can do.

mbayley@rccl.com

Edited by RobInMN