“Freedom”, I won't let you down 'Cause I would really, really love to stick around. Live B2B - July 21-28th

15 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Last and final call announced for guests on board. 

We have our new cards and these in case we wish to get off the ship. We’re good. 

IMG_0537.thumb.jpeg.0df1c564b65cd2eccc14e2960bd6d37d.jpeg

Andrew, I hope you and Lisa had a wonderful anniversary. 

We’re doing a 3/4  B2B in April on Allure. It won’t be our first B2B, but it will be our first on Royal. I was surprised to see that you already had your consecutive cruiser materials. Is that part of their normal procedure for B2B cruisers? Any other information you can provide about turnaround day would also be much appreciated. Thanks. 

Port of Nassau webcam has us second coming in, and marine traffic confirms it. 

IMG_2980.thumb.jpeg.9fe9b9d09804daf4fb66737b9756f356.jpeg

I use The Weather Network Miami for radar for Nassau. Nassau doesn’t have one I can find easily. 

IMG_2978.thumb.jpeg.e57bf69f1ea680ba7f65e90fabc73fd4.jpeg

• Like 4

5 hours ago, perfect match said:

Andrew, I hope you and Lisa had a wonderful anniversary. 

We’re doing a 3/4  B2B in April on Allure. It won’t be our first B2B, but it will be our first on Royal. I was surprised to see that you already had your consecutive cruiser materials. Is that part of their normal procedure for B2B cruisers? Any other information you can provide about turnaround day would also be much appreciated. Thanks. 

We have done a B2B on Allure before and the procedure was similar but on the day of, but different as the day before they had a meeting to explain the process. The letter we received the other day in our cabin was clear enough on the process.

To clarify we received our new cabin card and in transit card once at the B2B meeting point. From meeting to being back on the ship it took just under an hour for the 8 of us. We left the ship , buzzed off with the old cards, went down to the facial recognition, it scanned us with an agent nearby for just in case purposes, we waited on the other 6 and when completed we all went back on board. 

There was no consecutive cruiser lunch offered on  Freedom but there was only 8 of us. our other 2 on Oasis Class ships had them offered but there were 20+ guests doing it back then.

Hope this helps out some.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Happy to be joining the party, and Happy Anniversary to both of you! Question about this cruise, since most people are doing 3 or 4 days, are you finding that it’s more of a young, party party party type cruise? We’ve never done one shorter than six days but I’m kind of liking a 7 day back to back one.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Ukigirl said:

Happy to be joining the party, and Happy Anniversary to both of you! Question about this cruise, since most people are doing 3 or 4 days, are you finding that it’s more of a young, party party party type cruise? We’ve never done one shorter than six days but I’m kind of liking a 7 day back to back one.

Good morning  @Ukigirl.  I will answer this question in the post cruise wrap up. Don’t want to put final thoughts together yet. 

• Thanks 1

Back from advanced riding. Just two of us. My legs feels the burn. I have to say that the way is not as good as other ships because it is the new inflatable wave, not a trap like mat with spring tension.

This old dog is coming up with some new tricks to hang on. 

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 8

Meanwhile at the Solarium Pool, Lisa held down the fort to keep everyone at bay. 

When I left she and the lifeguard were the only ones and when I returned she and the lifeguard were the only people here. 

IMG_9089.thumb.jpeg.498c4f50e643a0220e3dc36391f81325.jpeg

• Like 9

Yesterday this was awaiting our return to our cabin. I’d like to thank our UsualTa for the nice surprise. 

IMG_0560.thumb.jpeg.20b419c0190845f348854f32ed197cad.jpeg

Lisa or I might have taken a small bite prior to photo time. 

IMG_0561.thumb.jpeg.d7426f005cf94797fd719c5094ffb3c9.jpeg

• Like 22
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Yesterday this was awaiting our return to our cabin. I’d like to thank our UsualTa for the nice surprise. 

IMG_0560.thumb.jpeg.20b419c0190845f348854f32ed197cad.jpeg

Lisa or I might have taken a small bite prior to photo time. 

IMG_0561.thumb.jpeg.d7426f005cf94797fd719c5094ffb3c9.jpeg

He’s the best!

• Like 2

A couple arrival photos. 

IMG_0649.thumb.jpeg.68dc2327bf6630df2dc8c790b28c1155.jpeg

IMG_0648.thumb.jpeg.0a95279069ff34da72c260a3a0379097.jpeg

IMG_0651.thumb.jpeg.d31ed3554230aaaca459b6ec979aa1e5.jpeg

Looks like the Colonial Hilton is undergoing some work. She has been closed for a little while, but was open when cruising started up out of Nassau.

There have been Bahamian news articles saying it will be reopened but has undergone some issues. 

IMG_0654.thumb.jpeg.68238f675e513237b3fd8dd5f40302b3.jpeg

• Like 3

2 hours ago, cruisingpeople said:

Andrew,

Do you have any idea what the capacity percentage of your sailing is ??

After your comment about Lisa's solarium photo, it seemed like the ship isn't that full.

It is a port day but it was full on embarkation day. I’d say it’s at full capacity if not more. I might ask if I see the right person. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Meanwhile at the Solarium Pool, Lisa held down the fort to keep everyone at bay. 

When I left she and the lifeguard were the only ones and when I returned she and the lifeguard were the only people here. 

IMG_9089.thumb.jpeg.498c4f50e643a0220e3dc36391f81325.jpeg

That's odd, no one else was there wasn't it?