“Freedom”, I won't let you down 'Cause I would really, really love to stick around. Live B2B - July 21-28th

21 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

I'm always amazed when running into staff who actually remember you like that.  They have seen thousands of people yet still have some nugget about you tucked away in their memory.  

And I always wonder if it's a good memory or a bad memory 😉

Speaking only for myself. 😇

• Haha 5

We won't be cruising again until next August. So I'm living through your review. Been on Freedom twice. My first ever cruise when we got married on Grand Cayman in 2006 and again a few years later. Looking forward to being on it again. 

• Like 1

On 7/20/2023 at 3:45 PM, A&L_Ont said:

We brought all the best Canadian Candy. Canadian flavoured chips, with Canadian spelling too.  I know how you love our flavoured ketchup chips. 

My youngest daughter's, grandson's, and my favorite Canadian thing is Ketchup Chips (although now available in the U.S.) and we all love Peameal Bacon (not available in the U.S., yet).

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ret MP said:

My youngest daughter's, grandson's, and my favorite Canadian thing is Ketchup Chips (although now available in the U.S.) and we all love Peameal Bacon (not available in the U.S., yet).

This wasn't you doing a chip run was it?

https://ca.style.yahoo.com/us-family-canadian-ketchup-chips-154513254.html

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

How is the newly renovated terminal looking?

2 hours ago, mo&fran said:

And the updated port facilities. 

We will report back on Tuesday when we get off the ship. We are thinking  about heading to Oh Andros at the fish fry. 

• Like 2

Spotted this boat at breakfast. They win the marketing 101 award for advertising but we do do question who ranked them. 

IMG_0441.thumb.jpeg.125bbcfa9e0eb961e4bad25c3a8c4a10.jpeg

More art. Sadly the butter was still in packets. I’m looking for the artistic butter. 

IMG_0439.thumb.jpeg.fa1afd667dc1556fe1642c415cea6389.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Those who know the Quest know, but those that don’t don’t. Setting beside us last we had some stripes. That being the Hotel Director, two other senior officers and a younger man from late teens to early 20s.

Judging from the HD she had never been because she went through multiple emotions from laughter, to shock, awe and embarrassment for those participating. 

Quest last night had a pant-less male kick line. They had nothing on the Rockettes. Lisa took noted that they were all wearing underwear. 

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 1
  • Haha 15

That said they were and active part of Team 5. So much at the end that the one male office went down and offered to be the “last man strutting”. 

Remember - those who know, know where this is headed. 

IMG_0428.thumb.jpeg.79c03eee12b8e9b95848a4a62bcd1c12.jpeg

At the last moment before the pageant began the activities manager sprinted over and quickly sent him back to the seats beside us. 

Below you see our new pageant model strutting while wearing the Hotel Director’s jacket and the young man’s glasses. Even with the stripes they are team players. 

IMG_0429.thumb.jpeg.b11c6e6258335dd6658a88b90b6660a6.jpeg

IMG_0431.thumb.jpeg.6e7653c0459e5dbfc8efee6c6e0878ad.jpeg

Everyone came down to party at the end. 

IMG_0434.thumb.jpeg.ba9127c260ce1c0a0111865ee30e0736.jpeg

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 11
  • Haha 1

52 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Judging from the HD she had never been because she went through multiple emotions from laughter, to shock, awe and embarrassment for those participating. 

You'd think that she'd know, or at least heard about, what happens.  Doesn't the CD report to the HD?  Although it sometimes makes sense to keep the boss in position for plausible deniability. 😁

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

You'd think that she'd know, or at least heard about, what happens.  Doesn't the CD report to the HD?  Although it sometimes makes sense to keep the boss in position for plausible deniability. 😁

I think knowing and seeing are two very different things. 😆

• Haha 5

4 hours ago, mo&fran said:

And the updated port facilities. 

It must be nice. I just got an email from RCI that the Bahamian government is increasing the tax on cruise passengers by $14.00. That would be about  an extra $81,000 coming in per Oasis class arrival. I guess they have to pay for that port. And the tax applies to passengers at Coco Cay, too.

• Like 1

Noon update.  

Multiple dips in the Solarium Soup Bowl have happened to stay cool, along with copious amounts of liquids to stay hydrated. 

El Loco Fresh was a tasty lunch snack. With a little extra work, this is what we came up with. 

IMG_0446.thumb.jpeg.73b247bbff62f20d37e916d0e67186d7.jpeg

IMG_0447.thumb.jpeg.ba7fedfec564b94074d493c4b41facd6.jpeg

• Like 9