“Freedom”, I won't let you down 'Cause I would really, really love to stick around. Live B2B - July 21-28th

12 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

IMG_0743.thumb.jpeg.281e5699421a92a40871df74ee8f6a2c.jpeg

Great sunset photos!

This one gave me a chuckle though.

The tall cloud on the left looks like a doggie begging - maybe hoping for a treat from Chops??

Re: the towel animal...

I guess it must be a turkey? I thought it might be a peacock, but as @Coralc pointed out, it would need colorful towels like that dishtowel peacock she got in Cabo.

• Like 6

17 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

We have done a B2B on Allure before and the procedure was similar but on the day of, but different as the day before they had a meeting to explain the process. The letter we received the other day in our cabin was clear enough on the process.

To clarify we received our new cabin card and in transit card once at the B2B meeting point. From meeting to being back on the ship it took just under an hour for the 8 of us. We left the ship , buzzed off with the old cards, went down to the facial recognition, it scanned us with an agent nearby for just in case purposes, we waited on the other 6 and when completed we all went back on board. 

There was no consecutive cruiser lunch offered on  Freedom but there was only 8 of us. our other 2 on Oasis Class ships had them offered but there were 20+ guests doing it back then.

Hope this helps out some.  

Thank you very much Andrew. Definitely very helpful. I appreciate you taking the time out of your trip to write this reply out for me. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, perfect match said:

Thank you very much Andrew. Definitely very helpful. I appreciate you taking the time out of your trip to write this reply out for me. 

Most welcome. 

• Like 1

Perfect Day isn’t currently looking so perfect. Not because Vision of the Seas is docked beside, but because of the what my vision sees from the balcony. 

We are at the red arrow and the rain stays over us until 1pm at this point. 

IMG_2986.thumb.jpeg.db8a50399261b51b2879da1da8c7928a.jpeg

Edited by A&L_Ont

3 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Is the wave open in the rain?

Yes, but advanced stand-up is at 5pm. If there is lightning it’s closed.

We have a beach cabana booked for today so at least we have some protection, but we aren’t in a hurry at this point.  If there is lightning within 5 miles no going in the ocean, water slides, etc…

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 2

19 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

$20 taxi to get here. 

$20 each way to get to fish fry??? ouch.    We are regulars on the #10 bus.  Goes every 10 minutes or so, $1.50 pp each way.  Stops at Fish Fry but we usually take it to Daq. Shack or Baha Mar. 

Your lunch looks delicious.  Never been to that particular restaurant but will give it a try next visit.

M

Edited by cruisegirl1
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

$20 each way to get to fish fry??? ouch.    We are regulars on the #10 bus.  Goes every 10 minutes or so, $1.50 pp each way.  Stops at Fish Fry but we usually take it to Daq. Shack or Baha Mar. 

Your lunch looks delicious.  Never been to that particular restaurant but will give it a try next visit.

M

I have not used busses on Nassau before. Never thought of it. Thanks!

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I have not used busses on Nassau before. Never thought of it. Thanks!

We’ve been riding the number 10 bus in Nassau for over 20 years.  The buses are a small jitney, are  clean, generally air conditioned, and are safe.  Be sure you take the 10 and not the  10A. 
m

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

5 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

We’ve been riding the number 10 bus in Nassau for over 20 years.  The buses are a small jitney, are  clean, generally air conditioned, and are safe.  Be sure you take the 10 and not the  10A. 
m

When Dan was still with me we used to take the bus out to the Daq Shcak and then back to the Fish Fry.  Haven't done that in a few years now.   

• Like 9

17 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Vision of the Seas is beside us. I’ve never seen her before. Her wing bridge is open air. Her maiden sailing was May 1998. 

IMG_0691.thumb.jpeg.7246c10e41f869c2e8097124a857d00d.jpeg

Vision was a one and done for us. It just doesn't have the bling their other cruise ships have The one cruise we took on her was the Mexican Rivera...........On our sailing the ship had one broken engine, had to sail the whole cruise at a reduced speed therefore because of that we missed ports and our flight home .

It's are only cruise we have ever been on that we want to forget. To many other ships and itineraries to ever cruise on that ship again.

Wouldn't surprise me if it is one of the ships they put out of service soon with all the new ship builds on order.

• Like 1

Here you go, we were on Vision in the coveted corner aft.  This is from Cozumel.  We enjoyed the ship for a change of pace, not first choice but would do it again on the right itinerary and definitely would do that cabin again.

UNSET..thumb.jpg.5bc2f3cca1c1e0622f10a4db97aff91c.jpg

• Like 14

1 hour ago, cruisegirl1 said:

It’s a bit steep but we took the premium to have longer on the ship before we went and after when we returned. That said, I bet it’s a great adventure, another way to meet people of the island and an easy way to save some money. 

1 hour ago, cruisegirl1 said:

M

Twin Brothers, Curly’s, Bush Gardens all come highly recommended as well.

The fish fingers were amazing. Lots of flavour and tender. the conch fritters looked awesome. I should have got them too. 

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Vision was a one and done for us. It just doesn't have the bling their other cruise ships have The one cruise we took on her was the Mexican Rivera...........On our sailing the ship had one broken engine, had to sail the whole cruise at a reduced speed therefore because of that we missed ports and our flight home .

It's are only cruise we have ever been on that we want to forget. To many other ships and itineraries to ever cruise on that ship again.

Wouldn't surprise me if it is one of the ships they put out of service soon with all the new ship builds on order.

It is a zero and done for me.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

Some Nassau sail away pictures from yesterday. I’d love to walk faience the lighthouse one day. 

IMG_0714.thumb.jpeg.f2c47132996330187077037ebd95eb92.jpeg

IMG_0719.thumb.jpeg.9e657f3ba27ea4351c1050784084840c.jpeg

IMG_0720.thumb.jpeg.5da06668cc06bda2758310d18a0eae76.jpeg

IMG_0721.thumb.jpeg.e804e0e2b626df03514765813781af32.jpeg

Anyone know what these things are on the beach?  It looks like an old excavator drag bucket. 

IMG_0730.thumb.jpeg.1990b2e7357015014d574ebcb1acab5e.jpeg

A farewell rainbow. 

IMG_0734.thumb.jpeg.c6360d1869ce4466d123232f4c76e211.jpeg

• Like 24