Automatic cabin upgrade?

GreenDice

Hi to Celebrity cruisers,

Does Celebrity have a "automatic cabin upgrade" option? I could not find it anywhere to make sure it is turned off for my booking.
I don't recall being asked when I booked. Do I need to call Celebrity? I hate being on hold for any time longer than one minute.

Your help is appreciated!

There is a perk in the Captains  Club where  you get a one class cabin upgrade in the same category but does not apply for suites.

You have to ask for it when booking.  It basically changes the cabin location. Eg AQ2 to AQ1 for the same price.   Sometimes it can be useful 

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

• Like 2

Many categories are excluded.  Here is the graphic of what 1 category upgrades are available.  The way it works is you book the higher category and pay the lower category price.  One caveat is that there has to be rooms available in both categories.

image.thumb.png.4e0a4f956233b432c2060418b4f9fdb6.png

16 hours ago, miched said:

You have to ask for it when booking.  It basically changes the cabin location. Eg AQ2 to AQ1 for the same price.   Sometimes it can be useful 

I regularly used to book 2A cabin, but pay 2B price when I was Elite.

With the new naming of category (Premium deluxe etc)I am completely confused.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, neverlaysup said:

We were upgraded without requesting it last year. We had originally booked a Veranda cabin and when we arrived at the port, we were now in AquaClass!

Last year so many cruise ships sailed at 60% or less capacity so a free upgrade was more viable, I know some who moved up by bidding less than $50pp in the move up program too.

• Like 1

On 7/22/2023 at 2:33 AM, upwarduk said:

I regularly used to book 2A cabin, but pay 2B price when I was Elite.

With the new naming of category (Premium deluxe etc)I am completely confused.

It's pretty easy.  Only things on this chart can be done.  All the "fancy" categories don't qualify!

image.thumb.png.fda0c01078cfe564a1b8c084beca31db.png

Edited by wrk2cruise

On 7/22/2023 at 9:31 AM, terrydtx said:

Last year so many cruise ships sailed at 60% or less capacity so a free upgrade was more viable, I know some who moved up by bidding less than $50pp in the move up program too.

Exactly.  Lots of people post comments about the wonderful upgrades, as well as move up wins, they got last year or in 2021.  Those were very, very different times.  No one should get their hopes up that those kind of wins will continue happening now that ships are sailing at or near capacity (and apparently in some case, even over capacity!).  Of course Move-up bids can still work, and maybe even near minimum for lower level cabins, but in the majority of cases there will be no free upgrades and moving up to a higher grade cabin (AQ, CC or above) will require a lot more than minimum on most sailings.

@phoenix_dream I agree. When we sailed in June of 2022 we were able to get a Celebrity Suite at a 'reasonable' (subjective term, of course) Move-Up bid. The required bids for our cruises this year are much, much higher - especially for suites.

But something we have wondered is if the FCCs from the pandemic shut down aren't still working through the system. We know a few couples who had multiple cruises cancelled due to the pandemic and they're now using their FCC for more expensive cabins - it's a bit of the 'revenge travel' thing. I wonder how things will look in 18-months or 2-years when all of those FCCs have been spent/sailed?

• Like 1

On 7/21/2023 at 9:31 AM, miched said:

There is a perk in the Captains  Club where  you get a one class cabin upgrade in the same category but does not apply for suites.

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

we take advantage of that whenever we book  AQ Class..

we  finally used up our FCCs for a suite on BEYOND.. now we,'ll be booking AQ Class or Sunset Veranda..based on pricing

1 hour ago, hcat said:

we take advantage of that whenever we book  AQ Class..

we  finally used up our FCCs for a suite on BEYOND.. now we,'ll be booking AQ Class or Sunset Veranda..based on pricing

Many say you can never go back after being in a suite.   BS.   We have done it many times and will keep doing it.  We like AQ but have also done as you the sunset veranda.    It all depends on the value at the time.   I was recently looking at a 10 day cruise where a suite was $600 pp more than AQ.   The extra perks and value added is definitely worth $60/day pp.   The  $400 PP OBC  reduces it to along with the other upgrades of the perks to be worth paying the extra.  Considering everything the suite is cheaper.  

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

• Like 1