Cew Apprciation

Pickels

1 minute ago, Pickels said:

Hi fellow cruisers; Just curious--- I just saw this on the Princess "Plus"---  Crew Appreciation-- is this just a fancy term for automatic gratuities?

thanks all. 

yes

• Like 1

Does anyone have any insights on which crew members are/aren't included in this gratuity?  For those of you who have booked a Plus or Premium fare before did you find this included all of your gratuities or were you still tipping on top of that?

15 minutes ago, cubsfanone81 said:

Does anyone have any insights on which crew members are/aren't included in this gratuity?  For those of you who have booked a Plus or Premium fare before did you find this included all of your gratuities or were you still tipping on top of that?

No need to tip on top of the gratuity included in the package, unless you personally want to add an extra cash tip to a crew member who went above your expectations.  We always tip extra for room service, our room steward, and, in most cases, our wait staff in the MDR.  Of course, it’s completely up to you.

• Like 1

"To simplify the tipping process for our guests, a discretionary crew appreciation payment will be automatically added to your shipboard account.Crew appreciation amounts will increase starting with voyages sailing on or after 2/20/23 to USD $18 Suites, $17 Mini-suites, Cabanas and Club Class, $16 for Interior, Oceanview, and Balcony Staterooms per day (including children). This crew appreciation payment will be shared amongst those staff that help provide and support your cruise experience, including those in the Bar, Dining, Entertainment, Housekeeping, Guest Services, Galley and Onboard Revenue areas. "

That pretty much covers it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SargassoPirate said:

"To simplify the tipping process for our guests, a discretionary crew appreciation payment will be automatically added to your shipboard account.Crew appreciation amounts will increase starting with voyages sailing on or after 2/20/23 to USD $18 Suites, $17 Mini-suites, Cabanas and Club Class, $16 for Interior, Oceanview, and Balcony Staterooms per day (including children). This crew appreciation payment will be shared amongst those staff that help provide and support your cruise experience, including those in the Bar, Dining, Entertainment, Housekeeping, Guest Services, Galley and Onboard Revenue areas. "

That pretty much covers it.

Is there anyone on the ship besides senior officers who is not included on that list.

DON

1 hour ago, donaldsc said:

Is there anyone on the ship besides senior officers who is not included on that list.

DON

yes the ship operations such as engineering, deck personnel, etc. Those that are professional seamen have different contracts and pay scales.

Basically it is for personnel on the hotel side.

14 hours ago, Ombud said:

Everyone that you could possibly ever come in contact with. Pooled fleetwide for later disbursement. 20230727_003614.thumb.jpg.596f26a81942260207c302f60ada0331.jpg

I'm going to ask my question again as I don't think I phrased it well before.

If the Crew Appreciation and Service Charge payments include those in the Bar (see above), why do we also have to pay an 18% service charge on drinks? Sound like double-dipping to me!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1