New addition to Plus Pkg

JudithLynne

Alfredos, which used to be free, is now becoming a pay venue like the Crab Shack.  With Plus, you get to dine at these locations twice during the cruise off of the 3 course (appetizer, pizza, dessert) menu.  You can also dine there ala carte if you want to.  Some couples say they plan to split an order at Alfredos, so they will eat there 4 times during the cruise. 

If you liked the Crab Shack, you will now get to eat there twice for no extra cost.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, UT-Volsfan said:

Alfredos, which used to be free, is now becoming a pay venue like the Crab Shack.  With Plus, you get to dine at these locations twice during the cruise off of the 3 course (appetizer, pizza, dessert) menu.  You can also dine there ala carte if you want to.  Some couples say they plan to split an order at Alfredos, so they will eat there 4 times during the cruise. 

If you liked the Crab Shack, you will now get to eat there twice for no extra cost.

All being discussed in this thread

Actually, I haven't seen Crab Shack on the new Casual Dining list - isn't that still speciality as the cost was usually $29pp?

28 minutes ago, dides said:

All being discussed in this thread

Actually, I haven't seen Crab Shack on the new Casual Dining list - isn't that still speciality as the cost was usually $29pp?

Thanks for the correction.  The casual dining venues are "Vines, Salty Dog Pub, O’Malleys, Ocean Terrace, Planks, Steamers, Alfredo’s, and GiGi’s".

• Like 2

I just read that the vines is included in casual dining.  All my years with princess before dinner we went and had wine with tapas and sushi prior to dinner.  Not a large portion but perf3ct with drinks.  So does it now mean a 14.99 charge to do it?

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Knickearth said:

I just read that the vines is included in casual dining.  All my years with princess before dinner we went and had wine with tapas and sushi prior to dinner.  Not a large portion but perf3ct with drinks.  So does it now mean a 14.99 charge to do it?

I haven’t seen sushi or tapas included at Vines in 2023 at all on any ship I have been on either Royal class or Grand class

21 minutes ago, Knickearth said:

I'm thinking there is going to be some sort of  larger meal menu. Vines was never a dining location, just a wine bar with some sushi and tapas. 

Edited by skynight

12 minutes ago, skynight said:

I'm thinking there is going to be some sort of  larger meal menu. Vines was never a dining location, just a wine bar with some sushi and tapas. 

All the new menus for casual dining with prices have been posted in the larger thread starting on page 53, post 1317.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, UT-Volsfan said:

Some couples say they plan to split an order at Alfredos, so they will eat there 4 times during the cruise. 

One pizza is enough for the two of us, I was wondering if it would be recorded as one visit or two.

3 hours ago, Knickearth said:

Since that isn't a full meal, it will likely have a lower price if/when offered.  Not every for-fee casual dining locale is a set cost.  They have a la carte options as well.  As to what the cost may be, no one is going to know unless PCL publishes a menu or we have the first affected guests that are members here post a report and menu photo. 

ETA:  Per post #9 above (up ~3 as this is likely to get merged into the main thread), the new menus for all casual dining place with fees have been posted between #1317 and $1325 on the main thread (IDK how I missed these as I thought I had seen all the pages over time, but that thread was growing exponentially.. LOL).

Edited by Steelers36

4 hours ago, memoak said:

I haven’t seen sushi or tapas included at Vines in 2023 at all on any ship I have been on either Royal class or Grand class

We had lovely tapas in Vines on Regal this year. Last year, it was a small wine and cheese plate from IC that they basically made up for Vines. This year was back to the plate with 4 sections, each with a different small bite. We had olives, bruschetta, stuffed mushroom, hummus, cheese, poached shrimp, and a few different things.  It was a different selection of 4 each night although some repeated, it was always played with different things.  Tasty and welcome pre dinner or later in the evenings... 

7 hours ago, skynight said:

No it's 3 courses, no choice. Menu's on other thread