Casual Dining - Fixed Price Menus and A La Carte Charges

dides

5 hours ago, XLVIII said:

I believe Discovery Princess also has the Salty Dog Gastropub?

Thanks - Princess didn't refer to it on the bottom of the menu under the ship codesimage.png.10e876e460fbf27f8bfb3e4a1dbce10d.png 

but yes, the Salty Dog Gastropub is still there on Discovery Princess (although replaced by O'Malley's on Enchanted Princess)

6 hours ago, jwattle said:

Just a question... I believe Majestic has Ocean Terrace Bar, but I'm not sure that they serve food at all...?

Thanks - I'll remove it, if that's the case. Will wait for more feedback before updating the table.

We are booked on the November Sky Transatlantic. Can a fellow cruiser answer this?

Alfredo's is still included in the cruise fare, like the main dining rooms, or there has been a change, and now is a specialty restaurant?

If it is now a specialty restaurant, a real disappointment for us.

5 minutes ago, Ombud said:

Alfredos is now a casual dining restaurant with a fixed price of $14.99 for 3 dishes or a la carte at $5-12

Alfredos 1.pdf 600.57 kB · 0 downloads 20230801_054313.thumb.jpg.3357e0b506f0a794edbfe92d23c4b8d9.jpg

that looks like the limited Alfredo's menu - I believe there is another one out there that shows the anti pasta, calzones, and veal pockets

It might be a 'Gigi's' menu

Edited by voljeep
  • Like 1

Please don’t be mad at me for this as I’m sure it’s been answered but the other thread is well over 50 pages long. This pertains to the new charges for casual dining. This is our second Princess so we are still rookies. We are sailing on Discovery on September the 10 with the premier package. I know we get these casual dining as part of the package but here’s the question. Does the package only include the prix fee or can you order ala Carte such as sushi in Ocean Terrace?

1 hour ago, voljeep said:

that looks like the limited Alfredo's menu - I believe there is another one out there that shows the anti pasta, calzones, and veal pockets

It might be a 'Gigi's' menu

The main Alfredos menu is in the table on the first post in this thread.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, kasowell2 said:

Please don’t be mad at me for this as I’m sure it’s been answered but the other thread is well over 50 pages long. This pertains to the new charges for casual dining. This is our second Princess so we are still rookies. We are sailing on Discovery on September the 10 with the premier package. I know we get these casual dining as part of the package but here’s the question. Does the package only include the prix fee or can you order ala Carte such as sushi in Ocean Terrace?

You can only have unlimited prix fee meals with the Premier package - not a la carte.  The prix fee meal in Ocean Terrace does cover 1 x Appetizer, 1 x Nigiri Sushi or Sashimi and 2 x Maki Rolls however.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Thrak said:

Now... Has anybody seen the new Casual Dining added onto their Travel Summary? I'm not seeing any mention of it on the cruises I have booked with Plus 60.

Not yet and I just checked this morning.  My next cruise isn't until January.  I did however see that my "free" medallion shipping is worth $14 for a 2025 cruise!!!

11 hours ago, Thrak said:

Now... Has anybody seen the new Casual Dining added onto their Travel Summary? I'm not seeing any mention of it on the cruises I have booked with Plus 60.

Haven't seen it on my Travel Summary either, also have Plus 60, however, if you click on the "It Pays to Plus" area it should show up with the word "Purchased" at the bottom. My guess is that it will take time to update the Travel Summary.

Maybe we can keep the topic at hand to Casual Dining- Fixed Price Menus and A La Carte Changes.  

As Annoying as the shipping charges are for the medallions, that can be another thread!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Host CJSKIDS said:

Maybe we can keep the topic at hand to Casual Dining- Fixed Price Menus and A La Carte Changes.  

As Annoying as the shipping charges are for the medallions, that can be another thread!

Maybe you can create a pinned thread entitled "The Complaint and Grievance Thread". 😁

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Pat King said:

So, it costs to eat at Alfredo's. I would have thought it would be cheaper for Princess to have folks eating at a pizza place rather than the MDR, where they are going to go to save money.

Achhh. What a shame.

When we were on the Discovery in June there was a one hour wait on sea days to get into the pizzeria   This may have something to do with the change

Edited by memoak

17 hours ago, ravenjls said:

I read recently that Planks and Steamers have been closed for quite some time on the Caribbean.  I wonder if they will re-open when this is rolled out on that ship.

They will have to come up with something. Right now, based on a quick web site review, there is nothing at all that can qualify as the new “casual dining” on the Caribbean. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dides said:

You can only have unlimited prix fee meals with the Premier package - not a la carte.  The prix fee meal in Ocean Terrace does cover 1 x Appetizer, 1 x Nigiri Sushi or Sashimi and 2 x Maki Rolls however.

We have Premier pkg but we'd never be able to eat 2 prix fixe menus at Alfredo's.  Usually, we would each order an appetizer/salad, split one pizza and no dessert.  So I'll be wasting food by ordering a free prix fixe menu. But I don't want to pay $22 when we get the prix menu for free.  That's a shame.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

Like I posted earlier (look for Jack Nicholson), just order what you want.  It would be dumb of them to bring the food you don't want and then have to take it back and throw in garbage.  No one is going to have to eat three course meal just to eat free in casual dining.

I was hoping that was how it would work.  We're boarding Enchanted next weekend!.  I'll try to report on how it works out at GiGi's and O'Malley's.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, luvseaside said:

We have Premier pkg but we'd never be able to eat 2 prix fixe menus at Alfredo's.  Usually, we would each order an appetizer/salad, split one pizza and no dessert.  So I'll be wasting food by ordering a free prix fixe menu. But I don't want to pay $22 when we get the prix menu for free.  That's a shame.

I'm not sure it will work like that - we will eventually be on Plus but rarely have more than a pizza each at Alfredo's and are quite prepared for our 2 complimentary meals to be charged as our fixed price option - we're not ordering food we don't want! Unless we state we want to go a la carte on the pizzas and use our complimentary meals in another casual dining venue. Whereas you guys on Premier can just order what you want up to the maximum of a fixed price meal each time. We will have to see how it works in practice!

Edited by dides

20 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

In retrospect, we are probably lucky it lasted that way as long as it did.

They first tried back when the Regal was launched so its not like it was the first time they thought of it.

2 hours ago, memoak said:

When we were on the Discovery in June there was a one hour wait on sea days to get into the pizzeria   This may have something to do with the change

On the other hand on Majestic it was usually half full at most.

16 hours ago, jwattle said:

Just a question... I believe Majestic has Ocean Terrace Bar, but I'm not sure that they serve food at all...?

Ocean Terrace Bar on Majestic is drinks only, no food.

Updated Casual Dining table:

Venue (with

menu for logged

in users)

A la carte
charges

$14.99 cover
charge includes

Ships

Alfredo’s

Alfredos 2.pdf

Appetizer $5
Pizza $12
Pasta $12
Dessert $3

1 x Appetizer
1 x Pizza or pasta
1 x Dessert

Majestic Princess
Regal Princess
Royal Princess
Sky Princess
Star Princess
Sun Princess

Alfredo’s –

reduced menu

Alfredos 1.pdf

Appetizer $5
Pizza $12
Dessert $3

1 x Appetizer
1 x Pizza
1 x Dessert

Coral Princess
Grand Princess
Island Princess
Sapphire Princess

GiGis

GiGis.pdf

Appetizer $5
Pizza $12
Pasta $12
Dessert $3

1 x Appetizer
1 x Pizza or pasta
1 x Dessert

Discovery Princess
Enchanted Princess

Ocean Terrace

Ocean Terrace.pdf

Appetizer $3
Starters $14/$12
Nigiri $5
Sashimi $5
Combis $7/$13
Maki Rolls $5

1 x Appetizer
1 x Nigiri or
Sashimi
2 x Maki Rolls

Discovery Princess
Enchanted Princess
Regal Princess
Royal Princess
Sky Princess

Salty Dog

Gastropub

Salty Dog.pdf

Plates $10
Desserts $5

2 x Plates
1 x Dessert

Crown Princess

Discovery Princess

Emerald Princess
Ruby Princess

Vines

Vines.pdf

Crudités $3
Charcuterie
Board $12
Chocolate
Truffles $3

1 x Crudités
1 x Charcuterie
Board
1 x Chocolate
Truffes

Caribbean Princess
Crown Princess
Emerald Princess
Grand Princess
Majestic Princess
Regal Princess
Royal Princess
Ruby Princess
Sapphire Princess
Sky Princess

O’Malley’s

O Malleys.pdf

Starters $5
Mains $10
Afters $5

1 x Starter
1 x Main
1 x After

Enchanted Princess
Star Princess
Sun Princess

Kai Sushi

Kai Sushi.pdf

Starters $12/$14/$20
Noodles &
Ramen $10-$15
Appetizers $4/$3
Nigiri Sushi $5
Sashimi $5
Maki Rolls $5
Combis $7/$13
Dessert $3

1 x Appetizer
1 x Nigiri Sushi
1 x Sashimi
1 x Maki Roll
1 x Dessert

Diamond Princess
Star Princess
Sun Princess

Planks

Planks.pdf

Starters $5
Planks $12
Extra Meat $4
Desserts $3

1 x Starter
1 x Plank
1 x Dessert

Caribbean Princess
Emerald Princess

Steamers

Steamers.pdf

Starters $5
Steamer $12
Seafood Platter $12
Add Lobster Tail
or Snow Crab $10
Desserts $3

1 x Starter
1 x Steamer or
Seafood Platter
1 x Dessert

Caribbean Princess
Emerald Princess

• Note the new appetizer and dessert added to the previously pizza-only menu on Grand and Sapphire (and sea days in Sabatini's on Coral and Island)!
  • Star and Sun are in italics as the menus may change by the time they are launched

Corrections:

- Added Discovery Princess to the Salty Dog as per feedback from @XLVIII

- Removed Majestic Princess from Ocean Terrace as per query from @jwattle

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1