Are Celebrity cost cutting and penny pinching there faithful customers off the ship?

chromered7

6 hours ago, D. B. said:

We did a lot of reading on the O board before our first O cruise and there is a LOT of discussion there about O's cookies.

I tried to be fair when tasting them and came away with the impression that I'm not the only one that is unimpressed!

Food taste is a personal thing but I 💗 Celebrities Cookies. Especially the ones with White Chocolate and/or Macadamia nuts. Oatmeal Rasin comes in real close.

We will be onboard Summit in 3 days and I look forward to getting back on a Celebrity ship.

Happy Cruising to everyone on Any line you prefer.☺️

Celebrity cookies are not that great , I can make a lot better cookie 😁

12 hours ago, Stockjock said:

For anyone interested, here's a video I did of the Lobster Murano preparation:

Interesting....was it tasty? chewy?

I like mine plain out if the shell..butter on the side. 

I think they have a new  lobster dish at Fine Cut on Ascent.. may try that.

Now the latest cut is in the length of itineraries...  Who else is shortening their itineraries?  Many more 7 day cruises than there used to be.

I suppose that with many more 7 day cruises Celebrity will finally get the family cruisers that they are marketing towards.

For myself I want at least a 10 day cruise to make the airfare and travel worthwhile.

Edited by NMTraveller
  • Like 5

10 minutes ago, NMTraveller said:

Now the latest cut is in the length of itineraries...  Who else is shortening their itineraries?  Many more 7 day cruises than there used to be.

I suppose that with many more 7 day cruises Celebrity will finally get the family cruisers that they are marketing towards.

For myself I want at least a 10 day cruise to make the airfare and travel worthwhile.

Considering itineraries are largely announced and go on sale 24 to 30 months or so in advance, what/when are you comparing to?

Also I'm probably partly to blame! I actually fill out questionnaires and surveys if they send them, including one I remember from earlier this year. Specifically asked what my preferred length of cruise was and I selected between 7-14 nights. 10 to 12 is ideal. 

I can't do anything longer than 14 nights and I don't know any of my friends also in their 40s who could go away for longer than 2 weeks at a time. I would expect primarily only retired people or school teachers could get away for any longer, obviously with a few exceptions. If Celebrity are marketing to a 'younger' crowd then shorter cruises are a definite way to do that. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, OysterD said:

I can't do anything longer than 14 nights and I don't know any of my friends also in their 40s who could go away for longer than 2 weeks at a time. I would expect primarily only retired people or school teachers could get away for any longer, obviously with a few exceptions. If Celebrity are marketing to a 'younger' crowd then shorter cruises are a definite way to do that. 

Same here, I won't do less than a week now just to avoid the party ships but I need a minimum of 7 days. I found with going to Rome 10 days was good for a cruise for me because I flew out a few days early and stayed a couple of days after. But anything longer would be pushing it, I have 5 weeks vacation but I've been at my company for 15 years - most people I work with have 3 weeks a year.

37 minutes ago, OysterD said:

Considering itineraries are largely announced and go on sale 24 to 30 months or so in advance, what/when are you comparing to?

Also I'm probably partly to blame! I actually fill out questionnaires and surveys if they send them, including one I remember from earlier this year. Specifically asked what my preferred length of cruise was and I selected between 7-14 nights. 10 to 12 is ideal. 

This is in reference to all of the changes and ship movements Celebrity is making.  Equinox,  Connie, etc.  This weeks cuts.  Previously longer cruises are being shortened to 7 days.  Doing a B2B of 7 days is a waste of my time.  No longer SA cruises?  It is getting more difficult to find a suitable cruise on Celebrity.

I have a 12 day cruise coming up but they are becoming fewer and far between.  

This has been ongoing for many years now.  Soon enough most cruises will just be 7 days more like Royal.

Edited by NMTraveller
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, NMTraveller said:

I have a 12 day cruise coming up but they are becoming fewer and far between.  

This has been ongoing for many years now.  Soon enough most cruises will just be 7 days more like Royal.

Just had a quick look and in 2024 out of 313 total cruises available, 152 of them are 10 nights or longer, so roughly half. Not exactly few and far between. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, OysterD said:

Just had a quick look and in 2024 out of 313 total cruises available, 152 of them are 10 nights or longer, so roughly half. Not exactly few and far between. 

Don’t let the facts get in the way of a good moan 😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, Lena11033 said:

Same here, I won't do less than a week now just to avoid the party ships but I need a minimum of 7 days. I found with going to Rome 10 days was good for a cruise for me because I flew out a few days early and stayed a couple of days after. But anything longer would be pushing it, I have 5 weeks vacation but I've been at my company for 15 years - most people I work with have 3 weeks a year.

4 weeks (20 working days) is the minimum holiday/vacation entitlement for all full time workers in the UK - plus Bank/National Holidays.

1 minute ago, the penguins said:

4 weeks (20 working days) is the minimum holiday/vacation entitlement for all full time workers in the UK - plus Bank/National Holidays.

Trust me I know, when I moved to Canada from the UK it was a shock where I started at 2 weeks vacation.

image.png.5af0726b59001dadf69e1a906f434aa5.png

On 8/15/2023 at 2:55 PM, bikerunner said:

I completely agree, I also attended culinary school, and now bake and cook for fun  Celebrity deserts in general are just terrible.  Well that might be over emphasizing, they definitely are not something I would bother trying again.   For others they might like them but I am fine the couple days the pistachio ice cream is around.  

Even more important than culinary school, I know what I like.  The cookies on Celebrity are terrible.

8 minutes ago, Ipeeinthepools said:

Even more important than culinary school, I know what I like.  The cookies on Celebrity are terrible.

All the baked desserts are just too bland and not worth the calories.  Good ice cream and gelato, though; some ships still have peanut M&Ms for the ice cream and gelato which you add as a topping.  I've seen some just ask for only the M&Ms in a bowl so that's a dessert option

2 hours ago, Ipeeinthepools said:

not the dessert cookie at the Lawn Club Grill...if still offered!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ipeeinthepools said:

Ever had the Ranger cookies on Royal? I thought they were perfect! I don't remember Celebrity's, though.