PAYING for Pizza in Sorrento’s

On 8/10/2023 at 11:09 AM, HicksRA said:

Royal seems to be trying really hard to ruin their business. 
Between watered down meals, reduced cabin service, cutting most specialty dining food servings in half and all their other cutbacks, I’m about done with Royal. 
I’ve got one more cruise booked (Panama Canal in Oct) and I think it will be my last. (I know - nobody cares - just sayin). 

We have two cruises booked for 2024 and they are our last ones for sure.  Too many other vacation ideas which we've been overlooking because cruises were convenient and reasonably priced.  We cannot afford cruises any more.

• Like 7

9 minutes ago, Another_Critic said:

I have to wonder if all the "I'm done with RCI" will end up with the same result as "I'm moving to Canada".

LOL.  I have never once announced "I'm leaving" but I have seen a few .  As I've seen a lot online, this is not an airport, no need to announce your departure.

• Haha 2

39 minutes ago, Another_Critic said:

I have to wonder if all the "I'm done with RCI" will end up with the same result as "I'm moving to Canada".

Can’t speak for others, but I’m serious. 
As B B King said, The Thrill Is Gone……

• Like 1

8 hours ago, FSHLOT said:

Seems like some strong opinions on cruise ship pizza.

It is kind of nuts that they are thinking of charging for that stuff. I think ships pizza is a step above Lil Ceasers pizza. 😁

Although i hear MSC has great pizza. 🍕

I had heard that before my cruise, but wasn’t impressed with pizza on MSC. It was only good if you got a fresh one straight out of the oven, otherwise like the rest of the food on MSC it was lukewarm. And even hot it wasn’t great - but maybe I was expecting as good as you get in Italy based on what people on cc had said 🤷🏼‍♀️

• Like 1

22 hours ago, robntawn said:

I can already tell you how this is going to work. People will either not respond, or indicate that they wouldn’t pay for it, but still be willing to travel with Royal Caribbean. And then Royal will continue to nickel and dime everybody. Until we rise up and tell them “hell no”, it will continue.

I replied that I wouldn’t pay for it and it would make me reconsider cruising with them.

I have a cruise booked for December that was booked last year, future cruises I will definitely shop around and go with the best combo of price/ itinerary/ quality, whoever that may be 

• Like 1

I didn't get one of those surveys.  But, I wonder if they gave people the opportunity to expand on the canned answers.

If they did and I got one, I'd tell them that this is one of the cuts in the "Death of a Thousand Cuts" syndrome, and I'd say that this is the "Straw That Broke The Camel's Back/The Final Straw".    

Edited by Ret MP
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, DonnaK said:

I am very disappointed that they took away the antipasti selection in Sorrento's.  That was my favorite!

Hello,

Sorrento's on Independence did a wonderful range of hot pies. Unfortunately for some they did not tell the muppets on the counter what the 'filling of the day' was so what they got was a lottery. Sad to say that I was such a 'regular' I knew what was in them by the colour of the foil.

Also they did a roast sandwich/roll of the day with a freshly carved joint before your very eyes.

Regards,

Cublet

16 hours ago, Ret MP said:

Don't get me wrong, I eat pizza at Sorrento's probably 2 times a day while on an RCCL ship.  But, what I really like is their marinated cheeses and olives.  Their pizza is less than average as far as I'm concerned. 

Don't know how long it's been since your last cruise, but on my last 2 cruises, the extras they served with their pizza are now a thing of the past.  I loved the marinated grilled veggies and all of the other offerings.  Now all they have is the mediocre pizza.  I still grab a late night slice once or twice during the cruise because there really aren't any other options.  I doubt that the continual price increases while cutting back on services is a good business model in the long term.  I'm sure stockholders are happy and the decision makers are patting themselves on the back right now.  There are only so many first time cruisers with large bank accounts to go around.  Repeat cruisers aren't dumb.  They can see that they are paying higher prices for a lesser product.  At some point booking behavior will change.  Ours already has.  On a positive note, some cruise lines are deciding to make changes already.  Carnival is improving the dining room menus and bringing back loyalty events that had been discontinued.        

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, DonnaK said:

I am very disappointed that they took away the antipasti selection in Sorrento's.  That was my favorite!

There are many restaurants in Long Island named Sorrento’s and whenever I am in one they are always mobbed,especially the one that was in the Roosevelt Field Food Court.

21 minutes ago, Ret MP said:

I didn't get one of those surveys.  But, I wonder if they gave people the opportunity to expand on the canned answers.

If they did and I got one, I'd tell them that this is one of the cuts in the "Death of a Thousand Cuts" syndrome, and I'd say that this is the "Straw That Broke The Camel's Back/The Final Straw".    

There were opportunities to enter your own text 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

I have never been on a Princess cruise.I have been on 6 cruise lines and Sorrento’s is the best free pizza that I ever ate.

I like Sorrento too but am going on Princess in two weeks and looking forward to checking it out

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RoperDK said:

Don't know how long it's been since your last cruise, but on my last 2 cruises, the extras they served with their pizza are now a thing of the past.  I loved the marinated grilled veggies and all of the other offerings.  Now all they have is the mediocre pizza.  I still grab a late night slice once or twice during the cruise because there really aren't any other options.  I doubt that the continual price increases while cutting back on services is a good business model in the long term.  I'm sure stockholders are happy and the decision makers are patting themselves on the back right now.  There are only so many first time cruisers with large bank accounts to go around.  Repeat cruisers aren't dumb.  They can see that they are paying higher prices for a lesser product.  At some point booking behavior will change.  Ours already has.  On a positive note, some cruise lines are deciding to make changes already.  Carnival is improving the dining room menus and bringing back loyalty events that had been discontinued.        

I wouldn't debate a word of it.  

My last cruise was in October 2022, Independence of the Seas.  It did have marinated cheese and olives.  I'm fairly sure that there were other items too.  But, I don't eat any other items and didn't pay attention to it.

• Like 1