Luminae or Murano for Anniversary Meal?

a1betpr

6 hours ago, a1betpr said:

Thanks for the tips!  We are in a Royal Suite, so Luminae is an option.  We’ve done a couple NCL cruises in the Haven and we’ve found the Haven restaurant to be the best option on the ship, but it sounds from all of the responses that Murano wins for the special occasion on Celebrity.  And maybe we’ll book Murano more than once, it’s free!  

Love royal suite perks, our favorite is Le Petit Chef which we did a couple of times on last summit cruise.

On 8/14/2023 at 10:15 AM, a1betpr said:

Thanks for the tips!  We are in a Royal Suite, so Luminae is an option.  We’ve done a couple NCL cruises in the Haven and we’ve found the Haven restaurant to be the best option on the ship, but it sounds from all of the responses that Murano wins for the special occasion on Celebrity.  And maybe we’ll book Murano more than once, it’s free!  

Being in a RS you get complimentary dining in every venue.   I wouldn’t dine any meal in Luminae except when necessary.   We were in a RS once and had room service breakfast served every day.  It was fantastic.   There is a nice size dining table and it was very relaxing not having get “dressed” to go to breakfast and wait to be served.   We could watch the tube, use our IPad, sit on the balcony,  and etc while having our breakfast or just coffee.   

Depending on your dining time I would suggest avoiding the Ensemble Lounge.   It get very busy between 5 and 7 because of the HH and passengers waiting for their dining room.     Go into the Retreat Lounge and they will get the drinks for you.   The Retreat Lounge is close to that bar and the restaurant.  A lot quieter.   That is why it is called the Retreat.   

Happy cruising (and anniversary). 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Edited by miched

Here is a list of all of the restaurants and bars on the Equinox. 

All of the specialty restaurants are included in a RS.  Try Sushi on 5 if it is open on embarkation day.  If not do it when you can.  It is fantastic and you aren’t charged for anything.   

The Le Petit Chef might be something to consider on your anniversary.   It is entertaining and different.  There is a restaurant near us that is called the Imaginate and they do the same thing and charge $200 pp.  

https://www.celebritycruises.com/cruise-ships/celebrity-equinox/eat-and-drink

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Edited by miched

On 8/14/2023 at 10:15 AM, a1betpr said:

We had a 'special' anniversary during our cruise and booked Murano.  The next evening in Luminae the staff mentioned they had missed our anniversary. and celebrated it that evening with some nice touches and ended with a rousing Happppppy Annnniversary in chorus, with a second verse in their language.  It was more special than Murano for that touch...but I agree with most...not especially impressed with the menu in Luminae and ordered most evenings from MDR menu. 

4 hours ago, miched said:

Here is a list of all of the restaurants and bars on the Equinox. 

All of the specialty restaurants are included in a RS.  Try Sushi on 5 if it is open on embarkation day.  If not do it when you can.  It is fantastic and you aren’t charged for anything.   

The Le Petit Chef might be something to consider on your anniversary.   It is entertaining and different.  There is a restaurant near us that is called the Imaginate and they do the same thing and charge $200 pp.  

https://www.celebritycruises.com/cruise-ships/celebrity-equinox/eat-and-drink

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Thanks for this…in the end for our our six night cruise we are doing Murano twice (including the night of our anniversary), Tuscan Grill twice, Le Petit Chef once, and Luminae once.  I plan on having lunch at Sushi on 5 at least a couple times.  I noticed at some point that the Le Petit Chef menu changes half way through the cruise and the second menu seems better to us - lobster instead of short rib, mainly.  I am getting hungry just thinking about these meals!!!

25 minutes ago, a1betpr said:

Thanks for this…in the end for our our six night cruise we are doing Murano twice (including the night of our anniversary), Tuscan Grill twice, Le Petit Chef once, and Luminae once.  I plan on having lunch at Sushi on 5 at least a couple times.  I noticed at some point that the Le Petit Chef menu changes half way through the cruise and the second menu seems better to us - lobster instead of short rib, mainly.  I am getting hungry just thinking about these meals!!!

I was in your situation, I would make use of the butler. I would ask what could be done for a special anniversary dinner in the suite with just you and your DW.

Anyway, just my one cent.

I have dined at Murano on the Solstice once and it wasn't as good nor impressive as Blu (I was in AQ then). However, this was some years back and things might have changed.

On 8/15/2023 at 10:39 AM, Mark_K said:

I don’t think I’ve ever heard anyone say Luminae is the best restaurant on the ship.  The best non-fee based, maybe.

The "best" is a relative and highly subjective term - as is every food discussion on board.  As is ranking specialty restaurants.

I enjoy Luminae and Specialty Restaurants.  Sometimes it is situational.  

I enjoy Luminae as my home-base restaurant on a cruise where I sail in The Retreat.  It is where "everybody knows your name".  It does not mean that it is the best nor does it mean that I will dine there every meal.  Variety in dining experience is one thing that I like about cruising.

For special occasions I usually book a Specialty.

2 hours ago, TeeRick said:

The "best" is a relative and highly subjective term - as is every food discussion on board.  As is ranking specialty restaurants.

I enjoy Luminae and Specialty Restaurants.  Sometimes it is situational.  

I enjoy Luminae as my home-base restaurant on a cruise where I sail in The Retreat.  It is where "everybody knows your name".  It does not mean that it is the best nor does it mean that I will dine there every meal.  Variety in dining experience is one thing that I like about cruising.

For special occasions I usually book a Specialty.

Well said!

The ‘best’ on a night you are exhausted after a busy port day may be the buffet or room service. The ‘best’ when dining as an extended family/friends may be MDR…The best for a romantic meal may be Murano…

Much as my favourite food is in Murano my favourite view is Tuscan (S class)…I just always feel I am really at sea there!

• Like 6

On 8/14/2023 at 4:03 PM, Michael1965 said:

Most definitely Murano.  I know of one couple who were staying in a suite on Equinox and ate at Murano most of the cruise.

On 8/14/2023 at 4:03 PM, Michael1965 said:

Most definitely Murano.  I know of one couple who were staying in a suite on Equinox and ate at Murano most of the cruise.

That's what DH and I plan to do on our Sept. cruise.  Murano has been our favorite restaurant for years! 

We will be on the Reflection in February and be our first time on an S class ship.  Was on the Millennium last February and enjoyed our time there.  Will be our 21st cruise with most of them being on Royal.  We will be celebrating our 58th wedding anniversary so looks like we will be making reservations in Murano.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, unittech said:

We will be on the Reflection in February and be our first time on an S class ship.  Was on the Millennium last February and enjoyed our time there.  Will be our 21st cruise with most of them being on Royal.  We will be celebrating our 58th wedding anniversary so looks like we will be making reservations in Murano.  

Happy Anniversary early. We were sailing in March 2020 and had made reservations in Murano for our anniversary. Unfortunately Covid happened and shortened our cruise so we were back home alone on the day of our anniversary. When cruising resumed we did a do-over...in Murano. As always we loved it.

• Like 1

On 8/18/2023 at 11:46 PM, agape01 said:

I was in your situation, I would make use of the butler. I would ask what could be done for a special anniversary dinner in the suite with just you and your DW.

Anyway, just my one cent.

I have dined at Murano on the Solstice once and it wasn't as good nor impressive as Blu (I was in AQ then). However, this was some years back and things might have changed.

DH and I have only sailed  in PH since covid-restart.  We have come to the conclusion that we cannot get hot breakfasts or hot meals delivered to our suite.  Not as if we have not tried on a number of occasions. (We don't do cold breakfast muffins or cold dinner from Tuscan well at all!) 🙂

11 hours ago, SusieAV8R said:

DH and I have only sailed  in PH since covid-restart.  We have come to the conclusion that we cannot get hot breakfasts or hot meals delivered to our suite.  Not as if we have not tried on a number of occasions. (We don't do cold breakfast muffins or cold dinner from Tuscan well at all!) 🙂

This is interesting.  We were in a Sky Suite on Millennium in April/May and had room service a couple of times for breakfast and our hot food was delivered hot.  We did not do any lunch of dinner in our room but had no problems with breakfast. 

12 hours ago, DaKahuna said:

This is interesting.  We were in a Sky Suite on Millennium in April/May and had room service a couple of times for breakfast and our hot food was delivered hot.  We did not do any lunch of dinner in our room but had no problems with breakfast. 

Based on your experience, DaKahuna, we should try room service again next month.  (Maybe it's as an earlier poster said:  you all in SS sometimes get services we in PH don't 😀)