Princess Transfer- ship to airport

Sweetiepie3

We are sailing Discovery Princess next year. We booked the transfer from ship to airport before selecting flights. Because of flight times, we are not flying out of Seattle until early the following morning. We plan to stay at a hotel close to the airport. I’m just curious…..Has anyone used the transfer without having a flight on debarkation day? 

Princess will only sell you a debark transfer from ship to airport on disembarkation day.  It's up to you to find your way to your hotel and from your hotel to the airport the following morning.  Exception is if you purchase a post-cruise stay from Princess in conjunction with your cruise and Princess will arrange for a transfer ship to hotel and hotel to airport (this portion usually being in the form of a taxi voucher in for hotels in the U.S.).

• Like 1

You can. You don't want to. 

Ombud and kiwimum are right. Just don't do it. I had a free transfer from Smith Cove for the Royal this summer and the company that they contracted with really dropped the ball - very long disorganized lines and a ninety minute wait.

There are very few ports where the ship offering is worth it. Seattle is not one of them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, patrickmoran said:

P will be happy to sell you an airport transfer. They'll drop you at the airport and you can do as you wish. I'd wait to buy the transfer on ship.

Sorry...no!  They will NOT sell you a transfer that leaves the next morning unless you have booked the hotel package through them.

We have had multiple transfers from Southampton to Heathrow on disembarkation day. 

I booked the Hilton at the airport and had the bus driver drop us off at the hotel no problem.

I always tip them well.

• Like 1

Book a hotel near airport that has  free airport shuttle. Call as soon as you arrive airport for pickup. The next morning take hotel's free shuttle back to airport. There are many airport hotels with free shuttle service. Hampton Inn comes to mind. 

I have booked a transfer from Vancouver to Seattle  for 2024 cruise because the Seattle flight schedules are better. I also booked airport hotel with free shuttle. This will be my first time out of Seattle but I have done this scenario many times out of Fort Lauderdale.

On 8/16/2023 at 9:30 PM, Rick&Jeannie said:

Sorry...no!  They will NOT sell you a transfer that leaves the next morning unless you have booked the hotel package through them.

They 1000% will sell you a transfer from ship to airport on disembarkation day. Doesn't matter if you've booked a hotel through them or not -  they don't care what your plans are from there. 

We've done it numerous times and have never once booked a hotel through Princess.. 

• Like 3

I will toss out an alternative idea which might help the OP or others in a similar situation.  Being stuck at an airport hotel for an entire day is not our idea of fun.  We would arrange for a rental car in downtown and grab a taxi from the pier to our rental car.  Book a one-way with drip at SeaTac.  You then have your transfer, means to enjoy your day, an easy way to get to a nice restaurant for dinner, etc.  There is plenty to do in the Seattle-Tacoma area and having a car makes anything doable.

Hank

• Like 1

3 hours ago, reedprincess said:

They 1000% will sell you a transfer from ship to airport on disembarkation day. Doesn't matter if you've booked a hotel through them or not -  they don't care what your plans are from there. 

We've done it numerous times and have never once booked a hotel through Princess.. 

I think you missed where the OP said they were not flying out on the day that they disembark. They are staying at a local hotel (booked on their own) and was asking about a transfer in that situation. If they purchase a transfer there is no mechanism to say they want it for the next day unless they have booked the hotel through Princess. Go back and read the initial post...

On 8/17/2023 at 12:29 AM, Sweetiepie3 said:

We are sailing Discovery Princess next year. We booked the transfer from ship to airport before selecting flights. Because of flight times, we are not flying out of Seattle until early the following morning. We plan to stay at a hotel close to the airport. I’m just curious…..Has anyone used the transfer without having a flight on debarkation day? 

Absolutely you can buy a transfer from Princess leaving the Pier to the Airport.    You do not need to fly out the same day.   You would need to get yourself from the airport to the hotel.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

I think you missed where the OP said they were not flying out on the day that they disembark. They are staying at a local hotel (booked on their own) and was asking about a transfer in that situation. If they purchase a transfer there is no mechanism to say they want it for the next day unless they have booked the hotel through Princess. Go back and read the initial post...

I think you missed the point. They just want a transfer from ship to Seattle's airport. Princess will sell this to them.

Once they are at the airport - they will find their own way to the airport hotel (and then back to the airport the next day). Hopefully the airport hotel they book will have a shuttle. If not, they can cab it.

They are fine.

Edited by Coral
  • Like 2

I stand corrected! I was totally interpreting the situation differently. I went back and re-read the initial post (again) and it finally hit me...they didn't want the transfer for the day *after* disembarkation, only to get to the airport on disembarkation day and then they would "do their own thing". Apologies! Of course Princess *will* sell them that transfer! They don't know (or care) that they are not flying that day. Sorry for the confusion I have created! 🙄

• Like 2

This is good to know. Hopefully, the same concept on embarkation day works the same way in reverse. We plan on flying to the nearby airport (e.g., London Heathrow) the day before we board the ship using tickets we paid for on our own, stay at a hotel at the airport we booked on our own, and then wander over to the Princess transfer spot at the airport the next morning to catch the transfer to the ship.

Here's what's listed on our Travel Summary on one of those bookings.

If you plan to be in London prior to embarkation day and wish to return to the airport for your transfer to the pier, please meet at the airport location below and locate a Princess Representative to confirm your transfer to the pier.   LHR Airport - T2 by Café Nero , T3 by Tourist Services , T4 by WH Smith and T5 by Point South   LGW Airport (North & South Terminals) - Meet by Costa Coffee   Meeting time at both airports: 9:30AM   In case of flight delays, please call the Princess Enroute: 1-800-545-0008   If you cannot locate a Princess Representative at the airport, please call locally at +44 7715 182038   Unused transfers are non-refundable.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

This is good to know. Hopefully, the same concept on embarkation day works the same way in reverse. We plan on flying to the nearby airport (e.g., London Heathrow) the day before we board the ship using tickets we paid for on our own, stay at a hotel at the airport we booked on our own, and then wander over to the Princess transfer spot at the airport the next morning to catch the transfer to the ship.

Here's what's listed on our Travel Summary on one of those bookings.

If you plan to be in London prior to embarkation day and wish to return to the airport for your transfer to the pier, please meet at the airport location below and locate a Princess Representative to confirm your transfer to the pier.   LHR Airport - T2 by Café Nero , T3 by Tourist Services , T4 by WH Smith and T5 by Point South   LGW Airport (North & South Terminals) - Meet by Costa Coffee   Meeting time at both airports: 9:30AM   In case of flight delays, please call the Princess Enroute: 1-800-545-0008   If you cannot locate a Princess Representative at the airport, please call locally at +44 7715 182038   Unused transfers are non-refundable.

Yes - people do this all the time. Plus - if you decide to stay in downtown London - there is a pickup at Victoria Coach Station. It must be reserved a head of time. Two choice for Princess transportation in London (airport or downtown).

• Thanks 1