Britannia broke her lines

kalos

I have been informed that the Britannia has broke her lines due to high winds in Palma .

She has hit a tanker and has minimal damage and folks have been told to stay in their cabins .

Anyone got any further updates to this situation ?

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Mrs applehead said:

They dropped 

Us at 1 terminal with no facilities so we are now being taken to a different terminal 

By bus.

Britannia is at anchor we don't know when we will get back on or how.

Thank you for the updates. That's good they are moving you to a more suitable termianl. Hope you get some more information and can get back onboard safely soon. 

• Like 5

I have been watching a website with a map showing lightning strikes.

Looks and sounds terrible over there. With the lightning, that must have been some wind to drag Britannia away!

The website suggesting the worst of the lightning at least has moved east and is over Menorca, just where my sister has landed!

Take care of yourselves and hope normality returns soon.

Expecting some coverage of this storm on the news perhaps.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Cruising Nomads said:

Oriana hit the pier in Southampton.

That was a while ago ,You Tube is full of ships that have done the same .

Think we are all concerned with what is happening today with Britannia and her passengers 🙂

• Like 10

1 minute ago, jeanlyon said:

Aurora broke her lines in Civitavecchia.  We were held on to the quay for 4 hours by 3 tugs.  the weather was unbelievable.

Yes we were on that cruise as well Jean. Thankfully we were on the ship at the time, watching some poor souls car being destroyed by waves coming over the jetty. There were two huge tugs on full pelt, one forward and one aft, pushing against us to try to stop more lines breaking. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Mrs applehead said:

We are in a new terminal it doesn't have any facilities or power but they have said the ship will come and Dock here when it can to pick us up.

It's very crowded, more and more people arriving.

I hope this situation sorts itself out soon, for all of you.

You might want to try vesselfinder.com, locate Britannia where you can see it’s up to date position and that may indicate before you find out verbally if it’s on it’s way to yourselves.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Selbourne said:

Yes we were on that cruise as well Jean. Thankfully we were on the ship at the time, watching some poor souls car being destroyed by waves coming over the jetty. There were two huge tugs on full pelt, one forward and one aft, pushing against us to try to stop more lines breaking. 

Great film.  I have some similar pictures.  We were on board too luckily.  We were at the door to get off when there was an almighty bang as one line let go and we were all stopped. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Cruising Nomads said:

Kalos, I too am concerned about the events with Britannia but was just replying to comment #4 by Fionboard.

Sorry was not having a dig ,I had to Google where the ship was (China).

Just my opinion but I would rather hear ,same as you ,what is happening to people who 

like Mrs Applehead are stranded in a in a building without power etc .

Once everyone is back onboard safe we will all be happy .

Sorry if my post upset you , not my intension 🙂

• Like 5

1 minute ago, NMcAllister said:

Thanks for the updates. Just on a coach coming back from a rather wet waterpark tour and this seems to be the only source of info for us. 

Stay safe and I am glad this post thread is helpful and we are grateful to you and Mrs Applehead

keeping us updated .

I was told that for those onboard have been told stay in your cabins allowing crew to work 

emergency procedures. A couple ventured out of their cabin and were told off for doing so.

I hope your all back onboard soon .🙂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I've jsit read elsewhere that passengers have now been told they can leave cabins and no injuries. Not sure how accurate that is as it's not normally a source we are used to using. If it is accurate it is good news in the sense that everyone is ok.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1