Possible Price Increase for Drinks packages on Cunard

Bell Boy

On 8/17/2023 at 9:45 AM, Bell Boy said:

😂😂 You must be joking , in fact the drinks package has just increased. Perviously it was $65, it is now $70 purchased in advance or $75 once onboard. 

Hot off the press ! 

Since I posted the above only a few days ago , the price of Alcohol drink packages is to go up further to  $90 !! 'with effect from 12th September 2023'. ( I believe the purchased drink will be  $13 / $13.50 )  

• Like 1

If Cunard keep on increasing prices across the board think they risk losing a lot of business. We have been cruising off and on with them since 2997 and just achieved Diamond status in CWC and TBH getting a bit disillusioned and might start looking elsewhere. We have even started thinking of stopping cruising altogether and doing land based holidays.

11 minutes ago, Host Hattie said:

That's a steep increase!

It certainly is, and I'm flabbergasted whilst I certainly enjoy a drink or two ( or even more) 

a bottle of reasonably priced wine at around $45 will cover me over 'two evenings in the restaurant' plus a a good Dry Martini  pre dinner is all I need .  (maybe a glass of wine I've taken onboard for consumption in the stateroom whilst getting ready for the evening )   Plus 'the occasional evening' when one attends the CWC receptions etc  when an ad hock G&T ( or two)  is available, if one knows the right  crew member 😉 

Wouldn't dream of spending $90 per day,  before long it'll be increased to $100 .   

4 minutes ago, techteach said:

$90.00 is outrageous. We won’t be purchasing the plan on future cruises.

I don't blame you. If ones cruise is port intensive purchases like bottle water/soft drinks and wine/beer are available to take onboard for the 'occasional drink' in the comfort of the stateroom whilst getting ready for an evening out . A pre dinner cocktail ( for two) & the purchase of a reasonably priced bottle of wine in the restaurant wouldn't be around $180 per evening .

• Like 2

I find the soft drink / coffee plans uneconomic, $90 - for everyone in the cabin - is pretty outrageous - and I never touch the stuff!  Fred. Olsen have deals on at £12.50 per night at the moment, albeit mainly unbranded products.

4 hours ago, Bell Boy said:

Hot off the press ! 

Since I posted the above only a few days ago , the price of Alcohol drink packages is to go up further to  $90 !! 'with effect from 12th September 2023'. ( I believe the purchased drink will be  $13 / $13.50 )  

Hi. We have been unable to confirm your information. Looked on the Cunard site…nothing. Googled the question on all sites and searched it here…nothing. Called Cunard, and the rep hasn’t heard nor could she find any information about the cost rising. Can you direct me to your source?

1 hour ago, 2Oldpeopleinlove said:

Hi. We have been unable to confirm your information. Looked on the Cunard site…nothing. Googled the question on all sites and searched it here…nothing. Called Cunard, and the rep hasn’t heard nor could she find any information about the cost rising. Can you direct me to your source?

The information I'm sharing is via a source at Carnival House, it has also been confirmed through a reliable travel agent  apparently  'in advance' of an upcoming announcement  for 12th September . 

Maybe  Solent Richard will post the photos of the 'new flyers'  as seen on various Cunard fb forums that have also been circulated around the cruise travel industry .  

Edited by Bell Boy
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

As mentioned  by @Bell Boy on another thread, Cunard intend to impose an increase in the cost of drinks packages, throughout the fleet,  from 12 September 2023.

The following flyers have appeared on one of the Cunard fb groups that we administer.

AWorldofDrinks.thumb.jpeg.b3e440f45b8de801b07d7ab67bae08ff.jpeg

BeersWinesandSpiritsOption.jpeg.d47d069553dd6647a3a2d2d02a5be7ae.jpeg

PremiumSoftDrinks.jpeg.2f47ef656a7a2838d2905fa6d32dcfa7.jpeg

SpecialityHotDrinks.jpeg.3d22f1194d1bb98f16f8543766e6f067.jpeg

I am hearing that current purchases for packages on sailings post 12th September are being charged at the 'current' price. 

Edited by Solent Richard
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Solent Richard said:

I am hearing that current purchases for packages on sailings post 12th September are being charged at the 'current' price

Can confirm this fact. Purchased this afternoon for February, 2025 @USD70 per day. 30% increase in the price makes it worthwhile purchasing so far ahead (for me, in any case - I know you abstemious lot don't need it 😁).

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, LittleFish1976 said:

Can confirm this fact. Purchased this afternoon for February, 2025 @USD70 per day. 30% increase in the price makes it worthwhile purchasing so far ahead (for me, in any case - I know you abstemious lot don't need it 😁).

Thank you for confirming and well done on the savings.

I dread to think how much the drinks prices are going up? But with inflation getting making life uncomfortable for a lot of people already how much more will people be prepared to pay?

It's an especially poor deal when you compare to Princess Plus which includes grats and WiFi as well as drinks under $15 for just $60 a day.

• Like 1

I have heard from Cunard today that the $90 is for sailings under 5 nights if purchased onboard, or $85 if purchased on myCunard before sailing.
This has apparently gone live onboard QE on 17th August and will be available from 30th August. QM2 from 1st September and then 15th September for QV. 

For sailings 5 nights and more there will be no change. And they apparently do not know where the 12th September has come from. 

I think I may just purchase my drinks package for next September just incase, but it’s a lot of money that I had not planned for yet. 

11 minutes ago, tacticalbanjo said:

I dread to think how much the drinks prices are going up? But with inflation getting making life uncomfortable for a lot of people already how much more will people be prepared to pay?

It's an especially poor deal when you compare to Princess Plus which includes grats and WiFi as well as drinks under $15 for just $60 a day.

Should one have to pay 20%, or more, for a drink in the Commodore, or Chart, on Cunard, then so be it.  It’s only one small part, of so many memorable and enjoyable experiences, when taking a Cunard Voyage.  Happy to pay to get what one wishes.  Just living life free and easy.

• Like 2