Have it all without internet

FrankieSue

I was just doing a dummy booking for a cruise I am keeping my eyes on for November 2024…. and I was very surprised when the “HIA” included the usual premium drinks, crew appreciation, specialty dining, but NO internet!!! Has anyone noticed this????

2 minutes ago, FrankieSue said:

IMG_6638.thumb.jpeg.06f38ab4a0a011088e534cde46405088.jpeg

I just saw that under the newest promotion, the old ones show the internet.  Either a mistake or perhaps Internet is going to become free as it should be - my wishful thinking.  HAL has been very sloppy lately with any new promotion so it is likely a mistake 

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, Mary229 said:

I just saw that under the newest promotion, the old ones show the internet.  Either a mistake or perhaps Internet is going to become free as it should be - my wishful thinking.  HAL has been very sloppy lately with any new promotion so it is likely a mistake 

I wonder what would happen of HAL said it was free to everyone but didn't adjust HIA benefits for those people already booked. 

6 minutes ago, ChinaShrek said:

I wonder what would happen of HAL said it was free to everyone but didn't adjust HIA benefits for those people already booked. 

I just paid internet for an upcoming cruise, I know what I would do.  😉

1 hour ago, FrankieSue said:

IMG_6638.thumb.jpeg.06f38ab4a0a011088e534cde46405088.jpeg

Assuming there are 2 of you in the cabin, crew incentive is much better savings wise than internet IMO.  You can easily buy internet and share and it is cheaper than crew incentive IME.

1 hour ago, ChinaShrek said:

I don’t think internet will be free.  If it is it won’t work for anyone.  Just not enough band with IMO.

• Like 4

I'm going to go out on a limb and say it's a website issue. (Behold! 🤯 My shocked 😲 face.)

You'd have to do a full booking hold and check the included items on the second page of your booking confirmation PDF if you really, really wanted to be sure.

Who wants to start the "I rarely use the ship's WiFi. Can I get a refund?" thread?

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Until I read it showed for @deliver42 on a mock booking, I was going to say perhaps the new special package is w/grats and w/o internet.

Not gonna win a popularity contest for this, but...Specials come and go and if there was a new one, doesn't mean something from a previous package should now be free; it just means it's no longer part of a package. 

Since @deliver42 sees it the "right" way, it's likely another marketing opportunity that wasn't proofread well enough.

1 hour ago, Haljo1935 said:

Until I read it showed for @deliver42 on a mock booking, I was going to say perhaps the new special package is w/grats and w/o internet.

Not gonna win a popularity contest for this, but...Specials come and go and if there was a new one, doesn't mean something from a previous package should now be free; it just means it's no longer part of a package. 

Since @deliver42 sees it the "right" way, it's likely another marketing opportunity that wasn't proofread well enough.

You are welcome to borrow my shocked face.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

FWIW (?) I just looked at several November sailings on the site of a TA I am using and all of them were still showing the upgraded internet on the Have it All.

Query:  At what point, timewise, does the enhanced early booking Have-it-All revert back to the standard Have-it-All deal?  I'm contemplating an October, 2024 Mexican Riviera/ CA Coastline cruise the is currently offering the enhanced version of HIA.  And I'm wondering if it will still be there if I wait to book it onboard when I do my January 2024 Hawaiian cruise.

56 minutes ago, Toofarfromthesea said:

FWIW (?) I just looked at several November sailings on the site of a TA I am using and all of them were still showing the upgraded internet on the Have it All.

Query:  At what point, timewise, does the enhanced early booking Have-it-All revert back to the standard Have-it-All deal?  I'm contemplating an October, 2024 Mexican Riviera/ CA Coastline cruise the is currently offering the enhanced version of HIA.  And I'm wondering if it will still be there if I wait to book it onboard when I do my January 2024 Hawaiian cruise.

Basically a year out from the start of the cruise looks to be a good rule of thumb.

14 minutes ago, Linaeve said:

I don't know how much Wifi is but yours shows $300 pp for excursions. That's much higher than the $100 pp I typically see. Still seems like an excellent HIA to me. 

Depends on length of cruise. 7 day is $100. 14 day is $200 etc.

• Like 2