LIVE: 🗽 Lady Liberty 🗽 Heads North 9/2 - 9/7/23

1 minute ago, SteelCityCruiser10 said:

Will be having a tasting of toasted marshmallow OF later on.  Problem is they don’t have the Buffalo Trace that supposed to be in most of these drinks that call for bourbon.  Had to get Wild Turkey 101 in the Southern Belle yesterday.  Gentleman Jack is the other option or a Rye - Texas/templeton 

Schooner on Quantum this week is the same, although they did have BT but no 101.  I’ve ended up getting my OFs with the Texas Rye mostly.  The Toasted Marshmallow OF isn’t bad.  A little cocoa hit on the back end.

2 minutes ago, Husky1987 said:

All good picks at 4.  My league that I’ve been in for 20 years is a four keeper superflex (but players can only be kept 3 years before they go back into the pool), so every year it’s always a balance between drafting for this year vs. drafting the young possible keepers to replace the players you’re going to lose next year vs. drafting the middling QB so you’re not caught without a decent 2nd QB for your lineup.

Oh wow sounds like a fun league.  Those are definitely a bit different strategy than re draft leagues.  

10 minutes ago, SteelCityCruiser10 said:

Will be having a tasting of toasted marshmallow OF later on.  Problem is they don’t have the Buffalo Trace that supposed to be in most of these drinks that call for bourbon.  Had to get Wild Turkey 101 in the Southern Belle yesterday.  Gentleman Jack is the other option or a Rye - Texas/templeton 

I find it interesting when I see the menu and it say's Buffalo Trace and I know good luck having that onboard. Any Maker's Mark on board. I don't care for the Balcones and the Texas based bourbons. Always good if they have Templeton. One of my favorite Ryes.

15 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Curious know if you heard how many guests did not show and took the refund.  Half thought about calling my rep and seeing about joining you on this sailing but when I mentioned it to Vikki I got the death glare.

The rumor is 1400.  Capt. confirmed 3000 are onboard if you have the original number expected you could back into it.

That would have been fantastic!  Meet us in Halifax - i’ll arrange for your pickup 😂 cheers 🍻 

Edited by SteelCityCruiser10

10 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

I find it interesting when I see the menu and it say's Buffalo Trace and I know good luck having that onboard. Any Maker's Mark on board. I don't care for the Balcones and the Texas based bourbons. Always good if they have Templeton. One of my favorite Ryes.

Some places have BT but not many.  

Tito’s is actually pretty limited as well which is really cramping my style.  

Im pretty sure I saw Makers in the pub.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, SteelCityCruiser10 said:

The rumor is 1400.  Capt. confirmed 3000 are onboard if you have the original number expected you could back into it.

That would have been fantastic!  Meet us in Halifax - i’ll arrange for your pickup 😂 cheers 🍻 

Lol. Halifax is a much longer drive than Bayonne.  I kind of figured between 25 and 50%.  Enjoy the ship, like sailing during startup except with a full crew. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Since you got me to try one of those last year when doing a live on Ovation I think I have been able to get it on every single cruise I have been on since.  I'm surprised you have had trouble getting it.  As an FYI since you're getting on her in the future... I saw Maker's Mark on Navigator.  Sorry I should have taken pictures.

Edited by Tree_skier
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

That's nice to see.  Have you had any problems with it anywhere else?

No actually I’m glad you asked bc i was going to comment that this is by far the best wi fi i have experienced in recent years.  Wi-fi is great on the balcony which has NEVER happened.  In fact it’s non existent on the balcony every other time.  Only time it’s been slow or locked up has been deep inside the pub sitting at the bar - it’s kinda like a little cave in there.  Have not found any other bad spots yet.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1