HAL Website

Ride-The-Waves

Have been trying to reset my HAL password for 4 days.  No joy.  Not critical - yet, but have an upcoming trans-Atlantic and need to arrange one-way airfare.  "Forgot" password link ends in gibberish.  Called and spoke with a HAL representative and told she would fix it and provide me with a functioning link.  Nope - never happened.  Not sure why.  From my perspective this is simply HAL lying to me to get me off the phone.  Password reset should be one of the easiest things an IT shop can do.  Anyone else have similar experienced with HAL's website?

You are just trying to start a rant thread😂. Their website is awful and they have been at working on it which seems to make it worse.  The best I can offer is to try different browsers - Firefox seems to work most often for me even though my normal browser is safari. 

• Like 2

I have not. The couple times I've reset my password, it has worked straightaway. 

That is through the website on Chrome, not on the app or Navigator App. 

Recently, like the last couple weeks, I've had it just loop back to the log in screen when I use my email address, which is what I've used for years. But if I enter my Mariner number it logs in just fine. Just to clarify, not given me a log in failed or bad password notice, just keeps looping back to the log in screen. 

So something wonky is going on re log ins.

• Like 1

We just booked our first HAL cruise last week.  No matter what I do I get a message saying we have no bookings.  What do they think I paid the $6500 for?  We sail in 35 days.  Don't even get me started on the log in process!  So far, I'm not loving HAL. 

7 hours ago, TeaBag said:

We just booked our first HAL cruise last week.  No matter what I do I get a message saying we have no bookings.  What do they think I paid the $6500 for?  We sail in 35 days.  Don't even get me started on the log in process!  So far, I'm not loving HAL. 

Yikes! Something is definitely off as bookings immediately appear, even those on courtesy hold. Have you tried on the Navigator App? I have had bookings show in one place but not the other; not frequently, but has happened. 

So, website issues aside, Welcome to HAL!!

9 hours ago, TeaBag said:

@TeaBag, I suggest you clear your cache/ cookies , maybe even reboot and and try again. The website has been quirky lately. I assume you booked directly with HAL? If you used a TA perhaps they could assist by contacting HAL from their end. Don't give up on HAL because of this.

You will have a great cruise!

I must say that i am somewhat frustrated with attempts to access my account on the website.  Our excursions for June /24 UK itinerary were cancelled due to itinerary changes.  We did receive an email advising us of these changes and were assured that we would have the credits returned to our account (HIA).  Ever since this communication I cannot access my booking.  Has anyone any experiences; and /or a resolution to this?

TIA

Yes.  Have been trying for days to access flight bookings and nada.  Website puts me in a "do loop" or sends me to a page that cannot be accessed.  Simply trying to look at flight options appears to be something HAL is not interested in passengers having access to.  It is horrible, especially for a cruise line/business that prides itself on customer service. Even the website "chat" function is not active.  What gives HAL?

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Mary229 said:

On the side margin of the website there is a small feedback button. Open it and leave them a pointed message.  The website is awful and gets worse daily. 

That's fact! I constantly get the white screen of death with a system error message. It's bad enough getting the error, but it's just silly that they can't even be bothered to put in reasonable error pages instead of just leaving it white screen of death. It's not rocket science.

I am not a technie, nor do I play one on TV.

That being said, this has to be one of the worst websites. Ever. Anywhere. Final payment for two cruises took a multiple attempts on multiple browsers (Chrome, Safari & Firefox). Rebooted machine. Chrome? Nope.

Safari? Nope

Firefox? First attempt ended in being advised my session had timed out. Huh? Next time made both payments.

None of us should have to use Chat or Feedback. Although I foolishly tried Chat and Contact Us -- "Bad Request"

Edited by Ichiban Nekko
  • Like 2

On a related topic, our upcoming b2b on Zuiderdam (2 cruises booked separately) shows up as 14 days on the NAV app itinerary.  It shows the first weeks excursions and pre-cruise purchases and OBC.  It shows none of that for the second leg.  And , on the Nav app, there does not seem a way to access the second booking #.  I can see them each on the website.

Another thing to try is logging in on a phone.

I really wanted to get an excursion booked that can only accommodate a small group.  I knew excursions were available, having been able to periodically log in and see them.

No luck on Mac or iPad -- just white screen there.  Finally logged into the HAL website on my Iphone and was able to book my excursion. I suppose calling would be another option.

I hope the website gets sorted out soon.

This is criminal.  For a major company to have such poor visibility with the buying public is nuts, at best.  Using my spouse's old Windows computer I was able to book flights.  Well, at least I think they are booked as I got both a Booking # and an airline confirmation #.  That said the website promised to send email conformation - of course that has not happened.  I also could not print a confirmation as the screen just went into a "do loop."  No assistance either.  How do these people intend to take care of us on the high seas if they cannot take care of us electronically ashore? Really frustrated and even mad!

I've been using incognito Chrome pages to access my Hal account.  I had to ask DH how to get to that type of page since I hadn't done that in a while.  (3 dots on upper right on Chrome)   I can sign in and look at shore excursions, etc. on my bookings.  If I get a bad request page i go backwards and click on some other way.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thank you so much Haljo and pmjnh for your suggestions.  Now to tell you the story and it was partly my fault!

When we decided to sail with HAL, the first thing I wanted was a mariner id, so I got one.  I don't really know why they gave me one as I already had one!! I had forgotten about companies under the same umbrella using the same id for people.  We obviously got ours sailing Princess 25 years ago.  I would never have sorted this on my own.  I phoned HAL and got this great guy who sorted it all out for me.  Using my old number, I accessed my account and everything was hunky dory!  No wonder I had no booking on the new number!

So now we are all checked in, luggage tags printed as well as boarding passes.

Isn't it great when you find a person who does a wonderful job?  I told him he made my day.

Yes, we will enjoy our cruise especially since it sails from Vancouver (Panama Canal).

• Like 3

3 hours ago, TeaBag said:

Thank you so much Haljo and pmjnh for your suggestions.  Now to tell you the story and it was partly my fault!

...I phoned HAL and got this great guy who sorted it all out for me.  Using my old number, I accessed my account and everything was hunky dory!  No wonder I had no booking on the new number!

So now we are all checked in, luggage tags printed as well as boarding passes.

Isn't it great when you find a person who does a wonderful job?  I told him he made my day...

So glad you got it all sorted out and bookings are right where they should be - in your portal!!

Yes, it is nice to hear good stuff happens, too!!

I know you'll have a wonderful time. Safe travels  - enjoy your cruise!!

I'm getting "Bad Request" when I click on a link to manage my cruise or sign in. Same thing last night. The website worked this morning, and now I'm getting Bad Request again.

The internet has been around for kind of a while now. You'd think HAL would be able to have a decently functional website.

Sigh. 

• Like 2

On 9/3/2023 at 8:27 PM, Ride-The-Waves said:

"Forgot" password link ends in gibberish

What link are you using?
When I try to reset my password I get redirected to the following page:
https://www.hollandamerica.com/nl_NL/log-in/forgotpassword.html
(mine is of course in dutch, but I assume yours should redirect to en_US instead)

Their website is a tad outdated tho. When trying to look at shore excursions it shows them only for a split second before giving me a white screen.

11 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

I've been using incognito Chrome pages to access my Hal account.  I had to ask DH how to get to that type of page since I hadn't done that in a while.  (3 dots on upper right on Chrome)   I can sign in and look at shore excursions, etc. on my bookings.  If I get a bad request page i go backwards and click on some other way.

@StLouisCruisers  Thank you so much for sharing the tip about Incognito Mode. It worked like a charm for me just now! You have helped my day start well. Thanks again 🥰

-Cat

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ichiban Nekko said:

@StLouisCruisers  Thank you so much for sharing the tip about Incognito Mode. It worked like a charm for me just now! You have helped my day start well. Thanks again 🥰

-Cat

That's wonderful!  That's how the website is supposed to work everyday, isn't it?  Not sure why they can't get some genius to figure it all out like other businesses do.🤷‍♀️

• Like 1
  • Haha 1