Live from the Silver Cloud - Reykjavik to Ft Lauderdale September 8 - October 1

spinnaker2

Host Jazzbeau
This post was recognized by Host Jazzbeau!

spinnaker2 was awarded the badge '"Live from...."'

Well almost live from the Cloud, we still need to get there.  The first of two flights begins tomorrow afternoon. 

We are looking forward to being aboard the lovely Silver Cloud. 

Bonus points for scenic views, icebergs, snow, glaciers, craggy cliffs, freezing water, northern lights, colder climes, hot chocolate, seeing the crew and just chillin’. Laundry I don't have to do, meals I don't have to plan and shop for, cook, or other chores for a few weeks.  BLISS!

We will get into Reykjavik a day early and likely will just sleep most of the day. We need to recharge our depleted batteries.

We didn’t expect to spend the better part of today putting up hurricane shutters, but Lee looms large in the future. 

Edited by spinnaker2
  • Like 9

Have fun spins. Hoping Greenland lives up to expectations. We were dead lucky in Iceland with weather. Predicted rain the whole time we were there, but they got it wrong thankfully. Fingers crossed you get the same luck we had.

• Like 2

@spinnaker2

I'm going to live vicariously through you! My wife and I were originally booked on the Reykjavik-to-Halifax portion of your cruise but had to cancel because of an unexpected surgery I had to have a few months ago. I'm fine now and we probably could have re-booked, but we just didn't want to risk a medical relapse in the middle of nowhere.

I look forward to your updates.

Jim

• Like 1

We are aboard. Travel blackout over but not forgotten. Will need to fill in the gaps.

The ship is almost tethered to the Edition hotel where we overnighted. A brief walk through the chilling wind, a short wait and we were aboard. Dr Spins and I walked on our own, as we needed more time.

The Cloud is all polished and smiling happily at the new pax who embarked. About 11 stayed onboard from the last cruise. And 66 new crew aboard today. 

La T was abuzz with such infectious laughter and conversation! 

Then to our suite and parkas and water bottles and backpacks and butler introductions.

We had a few brief moments of sun, and now mostly grey with seaspray.

Next the mandatory passport face to face and our drill.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, spinnaker2 said:

The Edition is in the middle of the shot.  This was taken from our verandah. So close and easy to embark.  

Great updating, pictures and details.  Hope the weather cooperates well and that everything is smooth and very enjoyable for you and DH.  Keep up the excellent postings.  

THANKS!  Enjoy!  Terry in Ohio

• Like 1

Fair Winds and Following Seas Candy and Dr. Larry.  Hope you both are mesmerized by Iceland's magnificent beauty and Iceland's stunning waterfalls (hopeu get to see the truly spectacular Godafoss). 

And look forward to y'alls posts when you visit the beautiful East Coast of the USA enroute to Florida and home.  

Speaking of your actual home we send our since hopes/wishes that Hurricane Lee spares your Florida home 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, spinnaker2 said:

The Edition is in the middle of the shot.  This was taken from our verandah. So close and easy to embark.  20230908_1123572.thumb.jpg.67dcb0c100339e69059c6615005d4ef1.jpg

I was at the Edition in 2022 and it is a great hotel and almost everyday a new cruise ship arrived.....Should I be in Iceland again (I hope so) that's my firts option! 

• Like 3