Platinum & Elite cocktail hour question

Boiler Cruiser

I was on the Royal Princess recently and saw that they had a cocktail hour for Captain's Club Elite and Platinum members in the Vista Lounge before dinner.

Do they have the same thing on older ships, such as the Caribbean Princess and the Emerald Princess, among others?  If so, where?  Is it available every evening?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Boiler Cruiser said:

I was on the Royal Princess recently and saw that they had a cocktail hour for Captain's Club Elite and Platinum members in the Vista Lounge before dinner.

Do they have the same thing on older ships, such as the Caribbean Princess and the Emerald Princess, among others?  If so, where?  Is it available every evening?

It is on every shi. Different locations. But is really only some cold and hot snacks with a few discounted drinks.

• Like 3

If you're platinum or elite upon arrival to your cabin you will have a notice detailing the event in your room  with the location which is every night except for Captain's night which will be in a different venue.  It's nice to go for cocktails before dinner usually some music entertainment.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Boiler Cruiser said:

Usually on the CB it was held in the Skywalkers nightclub.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
44 minutes ago, canadarocks said:

We were on the Sky and the problem was it was held at the very end of the ship, far away from our dining and our cabin location. So we never partook. Where is it held on the Emerald?

I believe it’s in Skywalkers one the Emerald.  I know we went to it recently and found it to be substantial enough we never went into the MDR for dinner.  
We were recently on the Ruby and it was so good .. again, we only made it to the MDR the night of the captain’s party as the PES event is closed that evening.  They had the best food with great service and some fabulous entertainment.  

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, canadarocks said:

We were on the Sky and the problem was it was held at the very end of the ship, far away from our dining and our cabin location. So we never partook. Where is it held on the Emerald?

Most likely in Skywalker's. It could be in Club Fusion if there are more passengers than Skywalker's can hold.

Just off the Crown Princess a couple of weeks ago.  It was held from 5 - 7 PM each night in Skywalkers except for the night of the Captains CIrcle party.  If I remember correctly there was a notification in our room that it was held but no notification of what would be served like in the past.  The selection of the food was very limited and if you arrived after say 6:15 all the good stuff was gone, and it was never refreshed.  No interaction at all from the guy that had set it up and stood around behind the offerings.  And honestly, many nights had to wait quite a while to get anyone to take our order.  One night I finally got up to go over to the bar myself to order our drinks.  Definitely not the same experience we used to get for elite passengers.  And no it was never really very crowded.

4 minutes ago, TM said:

Just off the Crown Princess a couple of weeks ago.  It was held from 5 - 7 PM each night in Skywalkers except for the night of the Captains CIrcle party.  If I remember correctly there was a notification in our room that it was held but no notification of what would be served like in the past.  The selection of the food was very limited and if you arrived after say 6:15 all the good stuff was gone, and it was never refreshed.  No interaction at all from the guy that had set it up and stood around behind the offerings.  And honestly, many nights had to wait quite a while to get anyone to take our order.  One night I finally got up to go over to the bar myself to order our drinks.  Definitely not the same experience we used to get for elite passengers.  And no it was never really very crowded.

We always sat at the bar and got excellent service, especially after they got to know us a bit.

Edited by DCThunder
  • Like 1

On 9/7/2023 at 3:02 PM, Boiler Cruiser said:

The time and the location can vary and it is available on every evening except the nights of Captains Circle parties.  On the Caribbean Princess in the spring it was from 5-7 pm and in Skywalkers. The food was really good - sushi, stilton wheels, some things you don't see elsewhere.

Last month on the Caribbean Princess it was from 4:30 to 6:30 and in Club Fushion. The food was okay, but nothing too unique.  I understand the location was due to the large number of P & E onboard.  They had four Captains Circle parties as almost half the passengers were eligible on that sailing.

11 hours ago, TM said:

I was on crown for three weeks alaska in may/june...had opposite experience in skywalkers ...good pupus and good service all around.  Every night good selection of food and more than enough for the dozen or two people who showed up.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Reina del Mar said:

Or even if you don’t have the drinks’ package?…..sorry to say ther’s not much to get excited about. Mediocre snacks and small saving on selected cocktails. 

But each to their own!

It depends on the ship. Skywalkers can be a really nice spot for the views and some cruises have very good snacks. We had one in the spring that had sushi most nights.

On the other end, boring cheese and veggie sticks in the Vista Lounge on Enchanted wasn’t worth it for me.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Torfamm said:

It depends on the ship. Skywalkers can be a really nice spot for the views and some cruises have very good snacks. We had one in the spring that had sushi most nights.

On the other end, boring cheese and veggie sticks in the Vista Lounge on Enchanted wasn’t worth it for me.

As I said, each to their own, I wouldn’t give thank you for sushi!!!

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Senga said:

We went twice on Enchanted Princess and thought the selection of nibbles was VERY good.  First time the hot selection was chicken wings, then spring rolls.  IMG_3088.thumb.jpeg.598def15885205bf5a9f655ccd0d32da.jpegIMG_3089.thumb.jpeg.c808290f9c323c7b2e1741465612aa5b.jpegIMG_3090.thumb.jpeg.05a95b3f0815ded1eb4e1aa5fd192595.jpeg

Where is it held on the Enchanted? Thanks.😊 

3 minutes ago, 1965 said:

This is also where the capt circle party is held, correct?

It's usually in the Vista Lounge on the Enchanted but you will get an invitation that tells you where and when the party is being held.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, 1965 said:

Where is it held on the Enchanted? Thanks.😊 

Take Five

42 minutes ago, 1965 said:

This is also where the capt circle party is held, correct?

Yes.  You’ll receive a notice in your cabin with times and location.

• Thanks 1