Can I

6fan

You will have to open/go through the heavy closed doors that say something like “do not enter.” Couple weeks ago we ran into our Stew when leaving bags and he just asked that we make sure we leave nothing on floor. We also used safe to lock up valuables as cabin doors are pretty much left open as they are all being turned over. 

• Like 5

Maybe it's just us, but the room attendants don't seem as friendly to us going to our room to drop off our bags. I get stare downs in the hall and on the Freedom in August, I had just entered the room when the attendant told me I couldn't stay in the room; I had only been in the room for about 10 seconds. Of course I didn't say anything since he had access to my toothbrush.

• Haha 8

11 minutes ago, Sailor75 said:

Maybe it's just us, but the room attendants don't seem as friendly to us going to our room to drop off our bags. I get stare downs in the hall and on the Freedom in August, I had just entered the room when the attendant told me I couldn't stay in the room; I had only been in the room for about 10 seconds. Of course I didn't say anything since he had access to my toothbrush.

They don't like it.  There is always a guest who goes to look for their room attendant  just "for one thing".  Room attendants are supposed to speak only English around guests, even when they don't see them and that slows them down as they call back and forth.  Guests leave items in their way and shut doors.   

Edited by Elaine5715
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, BobbiSox said:

If Carnival rules state I can drop off my luggage, I'm going to do so, regardless of any looks from the crew. They don't make the rules. They just have to comply with them, like I do. 

and tolerate "entitled" guests

• Like 2
  • Haha 7

5 hours ago, crazyank said:

and tolerate "entitled" guests

Yes, they are "entitled" to drop off their suitcases under Carnival's rules.

I would have probably used the word "allowed" instead of entitled, though, because there isn't a darn thing wrong with what they are doing.   

• Like 9
  • Thanks 5

16 hours ago, Eli_6 said:

Yes, they are "entitled" to drop off their suitcases under Carnival's rules.

I would have probably used the word "allowed" instead of entitled, though, because there isn't a darn thing wrong with what they are doing.   

I see plenty of people that aren't supposed to, still drop their luggage off.  They say they've never been stopped so it must be ok.  

• Like 3

On 9/20/2023 at 8:01 PM, Elaine5715 said:

Room attendants are supposed to speak only English around guests

Not anymore, plenty of non-English chatter amongst the crew on my most recent Carnival Magic cruise over Labor Day all over the ship.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, mz-s said:

Not anymore, plenty of non-English chatter amongst the crew on my most recent Carnival Magic cruise over Labor Day all over the ship.

Plenty on non english being spoken on the Magic now. On all decks.No problem here.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Potstech said:

Plenty on non english being spoken on the Magic now. On all decks.No problem here.

The standard of service on Carnival used to be that only English was spoken by crew in guest areas. There is a lot that used to be the standard on Carnival that is no longer. Add this to the ever-growing list.

46 minutes ago, Elaine5715 said:

Still a requirement and if reported, result in discipline  

It's so widespread on Magic at least I doubt it's still a requirement. And many crew on the ship had a very tenuous grasp of the English language. It used to be that Carnival was proud that all of their guest-facing crew spoke fluent English at all times. No longer.

Perhaps Magic is now a "training ship"? I am not sure.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, mz-s said:

It's so widespread on Magic at least I doubt it's still a requirement. And many crew on the ship had a very tenuous grasp of the English language. It used to be that Carnival was proud that all of their guest-facing crew spoke fluent English at all times. No longer.

Perhaps Magic is now a "training ship"? I am not sure.

It is and will always be a requirement.  

• Like 1